It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Manufacturing Plant Changes Rules to Take Away Muslim Prayer Breaks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: mobiusmale good for them . these groups like cair and others try to get the muslims to try to push the limits to try to get their way i say if you want to live here and assimilate to our society then adapt to our rules not expect us to adopt yours.

What about the native born ones? Or Black Muslims...gonna send them back to Africa? As LesMisanthrope wisely pointed out...Muslims ain't all brown or from away.
Enquiring minds wanna know.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Muslim scripture requires five daily prayers, each at the same times every day.

Doesn't have to be the same times.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
yes they do but they don't want to use those breaks for their prayer

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swillswhere at because most places i have worked only allow you to smoke during your breaks only exception was when i worked in construction current job only allows you to smoke if you clock out and leave the premises and only during your lunch break. we had seven day adventist at our company who were allowed to leave after dark on fridays but when we got more than 10 they decided to move them to first shift because having 10 people walk out at dark on fridays seriously hurt production

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Muslim scripture requires five daily prayers, each at the same times every day.

Doesn't have to be the same times.

Muslim prayers are not at the exact same time. Their based on the Sun’s movement which varies slightly over the year

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Restricted

This is a business not a mosque.

It's a business that also had a Christmas party. From the looks of it, it was a Christmas party on work time and the decorating was done on work time.

Does that mean it's a Church?

No, it's a privately owned business

They can throw all the Christmas parties they want whenever they want. Just like a Muslim private business owner could throw a the Ramadan celebrations they might want, whenever they want.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
oops. wrong post.

edit on 19-1-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: mobiusmale
As it should be. This is not a culture built around Islam. If I move to a different country, I expect to make allowances for their customs and culture. If I don't like it, I don't expect them to change their culture for me. That's not how it works. The old saying is... "When in Rome..."

Exactly. It's not hatred towards Islam it's respect for the culture of your country.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
It's not hatred towards Islam it's respect for the culture of your country.

...and, like I said...what if they are multigenerational Americans? How does that change the mix?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I find it amusing that they are upset with their employer for being inflexible, but not with their god for being inflexible about what time they can pray.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: mobiusmale good for them . these groups like cair and others try to get the muslims to try to push the limits to try to get their way i say if you want to live here and assimilate to our society then adapt to our rules not expect us to adopt yours.

What about the native born ones? Or Black Muslims...gonna send them back to Africa? As LesMisanthrope wisely pointed out...Muslims ain't all brown or from away.
Enquiring minds wanna know.

I'd tell them to follow the same rules as everyone else or kick rocks. If I worked there I'd be pissed if I was picking up people's slack. That or add up the wasted time and you lose vacation days. I don't care if your Muslim, scientologist, Christian or pray to the giant spaghetti monster. I as a worker and them as a business shouldn't be capitulating to this garbage unless it's by choice. Follow the same rules as everybody otherwise you do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars and you can go straight to the unemployment line if that's what you prefer.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

We expect them to understand that they have two 15minute breaks and that they should use those for their prayers.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm going to support Ariens on this one.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2016 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

We expect them to understand that they have two 15minute breaks and that they should use those for their prayers.
Wow...now there's a radical plan!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: craig732
I find it amusing that they are upset with their employer for being inflexible, but not with their god for being inflexible about what time they can pray.

Allah is pretty greedy. I want to know what hes doing with all those prayers. Are they like little allah snacks?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: korath

41 hours per year x 150 employees x let's say $10/hr
Is $60,000.00 per year that the company was giving away.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join