It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro Trump and pro Wall...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: reldra
I hereby refuse to vote for any Republican nominee other than Trump.

I have to get behind this idea ... otherwise I'm voting Hillary. If the GOP doesn't get the message ... eff 'em!! LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
what i saw from trump and his followers really scares me.
he is propagating anger and hate on such a primitive and slimy level it is frightening how well he is received.

on his rallies protesters are manhandled,roughed up thrown out- he even personally screamed through his microphone to confiscate a protesters jacket and throw that man out in the cold. journalists are thrown out the same way. trump supporters follow journalists and throw them out when they start filming anything but trumps face.

he openly instigates a lynch mob mentality - where people start pointing their fingers,a whole crowd of people screaming at the ones that got singled out,dragging them out screaming "light them up"
just imagine how it continues from there ? will he push it so hard that he ends up in jail and write a book about his fight???
i almost cant believe this is happening over there. that you let it happen and that there are people smart enough to type on a computer and still support it. jmho

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
politics is politics they all work for the masters so whats the point in voting full stop?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
what i saw from trump and his followers really scares me.
he is propagating anger and hate on such a primitive and slimy level it is frightening how well he is received.

on his rallies protesters are manhandled,roughed up thrown out- he even personally screamed through his microphone to confiscate a protesters jacket and throw that man out in the cold. journalists are thrown out the same way. trump supporters follow journalists and throw them out when they start filming anything but trumps face.

he openly instigates a lynch mob mentality - where people start pointing their fingers,a whole crowd of people screaming at the ones that got singled out,dragging them out screaming "light them up"
just imagine how it continues from there ? will he push it so hard that he ends up in jail and write a book about his fight???
i almost cant believe this is happening over there. that you let it happen and that there are people smart enough to type on a computer and still support it. jmho

This is all true. Funny thing is, Trump will never see his plans come true (if he becomes president), he'll be a gigantic failure to his rabid fans.

I doubt he'll get the chance, however, either Clinton or Sanders will destroy him in the election.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I like Trump because he knows what it takes to run a business

Governments are not businesses, nor should they be.
Businesses maximize revenues (taxes) and minimize expenses (Infrastructure, military, security, veterans care etc.)

and has the balls to follow through on that knowledge and take massive risks.

He has proudly exploited the bankruptcy laws to repeatedly exit failed ventures with investors money.
He is an expert at taking risks with other peoples money and rewarding himself despite the outcome.

I am not interested in that kind of risk taking, since the investors in this scenario are American tax-payers.

Most presidents don't. That's probably why the economy sucks.

The economy sucks because of people like Trump. Who have gamed the system where they are rewarded when they succeed in their gambles...and rewarded when they fail in their gambles. The bailouts of wall street and the banks during the financial crisis were a great example of this. They took the average Joes money and gambled on risky bets...and when they lost those bets and the average Joe suddenly and abruptly pulled out and stopped giving them money, the Gov. took taxpayer dollars and gave the banks and investors the money that taxpayers were no longer willing to invest.

Trump has gained wealth on a micro-scale using the same scheme via bankruptcy laws, where he was able to run with investor funds and then declare the investment vehicle bankrupt.

No thank you..

I also support Trumps position on immigration.

It would ruin our economy. Look into what occurred in Georgia during their immigration crackdown...Never has a GOP led state government raced to undue an immigration crackdown as quickly as they did. Industry threatened to leave, crops rotted in the fields.

From a pure security standpoint...we get rid of migrant workers and our native food production dies, we outsource our farm industry to Latin America...and we are less self-sufficient with less regulatory and quality oversight of our food supply. I like American farms...and no...Americans do not want to work in the fields for low wages.

It's not just them though, it's our granting so many H1-b visas to so many Asians and Indians rather than trying to invest in the American workforce and help bridge the gap between career positions and the average displaced worker, an yes there are far more displaced workers than not.

No. H1Bs a near impossible to get...there is literally a lottery for most. H1Bs afford tech companies the ability to stay in the USA. Contrary to perception, tech companies only go through the hassle and gamble of trying to get H1B workers when there are insufficient numbers of locals that have the skills to do the job. They don't get H1B workers because they are cheaper. It is cheaper to simply hire local...no communication barrier...no time limit to how long they stay...no immigration attorney...no filing for greencard or citizenship...no waiting months for that talent to arrive and be trained etc. etc.

Ask any tech company and they will tell you they would snap up an equally qualified American to do the job any day of the week over an H1b applicant. H1b's are always a last resort.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How about walls to keep Americans out of Native American Indian lands?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I like Trump too (even though I know the GOP will never pick him, no matter what the poll numbers). And I do NOT fit the stereotype the news tries to give about such voters. I am highly educated (with a Master's degree) for one, though yeah, a white male.

I don't like how he alienates others though, and this is his one tragic character flaw for being President (and it's a big one). Unless of course, your goal is to kowtow other nations into submission of course. Great for a King, not for a President.

The wall is an OK idea, because the border is porous. And yes, there are some very innovative ways where Mexico will pay for it. I see where he's going there. But, it isn't the problem. Then again, Donald never said it was the only problem. He hit on it with the term "anchor babies" and this is exactly right. We are seriously hemorrhaging money due to this practice (one nearly no other nation does, by the way), where if you are born here, you're a citizen. This needs to change, to exclude those born not of existing citizens. I can't tell you how many families of illegals I see go through Wal-Mart in the time it takes me to check out, using EBT to buy groceries because they keep popping out US citizens, getting benefits for each one. This is the problem that needs to be tackled. That said, the focus should be on prevention of further abuse (not existing folks here, as that is unenforceable). Also, you can't completely remove the migrant worker force without drastically affecting the economy (which is already teetering), so you have to be careful here.

Trump's tax ideas are excellent, if anyone bothered to look. Tiered taxes, and closing the loopholes that enable the rich to dodge taxes. Definitely the way to go.

Likewise, his views on Syria are on point. Let Putin have his damn pipeline, and let HIM deal with ISIS in Syria. He'll do so gladly if we butt out. We're still on the hook for Iraq, but if we do it, we SHOULD get something out of the deal, as he said. I know we do some under the table deals when we spend millions in military aid, but WE (the American people) need to know we got something out of it folks.

For the topics he isn't so public about, his obvious goal is to leave a legacy (like most old men who can't buy immortality). So what? I'm cool if his goal is to be the best President ever. Who isn't? But, he's the type of guy who will assemble the right experts to tackle a problem, and with an eye for results, not opinions.

That all said though. Hillary will be our next President. No way the DNC will pick Bernie over her, of course, and Trump is the only Republican who stands a chance against her (and I seriously doubt he'd he have enough to tip it). But, the GOP will pick another (likely a Cruz/Rubio ticket), and Trump, feeling betrayed, will then likely run as an Independent. Won't matter though, because the damage will be done. Hillary could shoot someone in the face on national TV and still get elected at this point.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

How about walls to keep Americans out of Native American Indian lands?

There aren't any. They lost. They have only what was granted by the victors due to guilt. Sorry, but is what it is.

Same reason there aren't any British preserves as well. They lost too.

Land belongs only to the ones who hold it. That's been the same throughout all of human history. Can't blame any generation for it, it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Omg you racist homophobe!

You must be white!

Kill whitey!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You don't like how he alienates?

Look at your previous statement in the paragraph above.

You made sure to separate yourself by showing that your educated with a masters degree.

Doesn't that ensure that you put distance between yourself and the people who are self educated?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: reldra

I'm not PC.

Also I believe we need somewhat of a cowboy right now to shake things up and rattle some cages, across the globe as well.

I would politely suggest that America has been doing rather enough cage rattling abnd shaking across the world.
I think its time for America to scale back imperialistic ambitions and focus on its own citizens as well as building much stronger relations with Russia and China.

For that reason, I think Rand Paul is the best bet you have, but unfortunately he has zero chance.

Trump will probably 'get along'
with Russia and China but I suspect he will keep America spread thinly around the world, corrupting and overthrowing govts.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Snarl
The only wall I could go with is a wall of snipers. As the pace of border jumper decreases, so can the numbers of snipers.

A wall of snipers? You want to shoot and kill people trying to come here to make a better life for their family, hoping, maybe, to pick fruit, be a gardener, clean a house or hang around Home Depot looking for day work?

Could you be one of those snipers on the wall? There will be women and children. Most of the men who come alone send money back to their families.

Well I for one would not have a big problem with it. If you sneak across the border you are an invader, nothing else and deserver what you get.

That being said, I also don't have an issue with fixing our immigration laws and even allowing the issuance of worker passes for people that just want to work and not immigrate. As long as someone comes LEGALLY I'm 100% for helping them. If it's an emergency go to the legal border crossings and ask for help. Don't have an issue with that ether.

If you try to sneak across in the dark of the night, then you run the risk of getting shoot.

I would bet that if we started doing that a lot less women and children would die of getting shoot then die trying to make the crossing with out food and water.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Snarl
The only wall I could go with is a wall of snipers. As the pace of border jumper decreases, so can the numbers of snipers.

A wall of snipers? You want to shoot and kill people trying to come here to make a better life for their family, hoping, maybe, to pick fruit, be a gardener, clean a house or hang around Home Depot looking for day work?

Could you be one of those snipers on the wall? There will be women and children. Most of the men who come alone send money back to their families.

Well I for one would not have a big problem with it. If you sneak across the border you are an invader, nothing else and deserver what you get.

That being said, I also don't have an issue with fixing our immigration laws and even allowing the issuance of worker passes for people that just want to work and not immigrate. As long as someone comes LEGALLY I'm 100% for helping them. If it's an emergency go to the legal border crossings and ask for help. Don't have an issue with that ether.

If you try to sneak across in the dark of the night, then you run the risk of getting shoot.

I would bet that if we started doing that a lot less women and children would die of getting shoot then die trying to make the crossing with out food and water.

Come on, you cant just shoot people dead including women and children because they cross a border!
Police the border and turn them back. If that means improving the fencing/building a wall and better checkpoints then fine, but executions are way over the top. Where do you stop with that? Execute people who commit crimes without trial?
edit on 19/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

For that reason, I think Rand Paul is the best bet you have, but unfortunately he has zero chance.

I agree he strikes me as a very intelligent and most improtantly SANE man.

What he says makes sense. And he has plans that could work, not grand gestures.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Bernie's plans could work. Actually, Bernie's plans do work. In other countries. That have had them for many, many years. Or Past-America (GS.)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is scary to me that there is groups of people out there that think that is the answer, to just militarize the border and kill anyone that wants to cross it...

I would not want that for a finial solution, but would not have an issue with that for a period of time while we got the immigration issue fixed and put a more permanent solution in place. It would not be feasable for more then a year or so.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: crazyewok

Bernie's plans could work. Actually, Bernie's plans do work. In other countries. That have had them for many, many years. Or Past-America (GS.)

I think Bernies is a good man.

But I don’t think his policies could work in the USA

Your countries too big, to diverse and the bureaucracy to cumbersome. And not to mention the corruption in your government is extensive, your whole politcal culture would need transformimg.

They only work in places like Norway and Sweden because they are small country’s with homogenous population. In fact the mass immigration is already upsetting the balance in those country’s.

USA it would fall apart.

Rand Paul decentralisation on the other hand I think would work better.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

there's a difference between killing a far less technological culture with bio weapons and superior weapons, and fighting a tyrannical government.

second, just because it happened doesn't mean you should keep doing it, and not make amends. time doesn't excuse wrong doings, ask bill cosby.

i bet you think Israel should keep occupying the west bank, i wouldnt really have a problem with israel if they didnt keep expanding preach that their culture has a right to x land
edit on 19-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vjr1113

Its called a work visa program. Let people come here for XX period of time earn money then go home. That is good for all and makes them legal with less likelihood of corruption and abuse.

You are right. Maybe we should take care of the 100 million Americans not working first before we worry about non-Americans. What do you think?

Please start a company and do that and get back to me on how it works for you.

why do you not want x race to live here? why do you have a problem with people that dont look like you live next to you?

being american is not about being white its about being american, it about the society that is within the US borders.

just because its hard doesnt mean its impossible, people should be paid a livable wage, otherwise we will become the new china.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join