It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro Trump and pro Wall...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
This will be the election that divides your country.

Our country is already completely divided.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This Trump wall has got me confused. Over the last number of years, the net migration of illegals has been from the US back to Mexico. Lots of reasons, usually though it is because the US economy is tanking while the Mexican one is picking up (moving all those factories from the US to Mexico may have something to do with it)

So if more people are going TO Mexico than coming FROM Mexico, would a wall in fact trap illegals in the US and eliminate the net outflow?

edit on 2016-1-21 by heterodox because: I am very OCD

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: dismanrc

Trump doesn't cut through PC, he's just an asshole. People like him drag the whole anti-PC cause down.

I think what you are seeing now is an opposite and equal reaction to the progressive left BS that has been rammed down the throats of people all over the world. The anti-PC rhetoric is quite harsh at the moment, but i am afraid it needs to be.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have reservations on Trump for several reasons.

He seems to be anti Science in an age where it's more important than ever...his multiple statements that China invented Global warming.

He want's to ban Muslims, but how do you find out someones religion? Bigger point is that banning Muslims isn't the answer because we already knew who the 9/11 guys were before the attacks. they were being tracked by the FBI. The solution is to let or security agencies do their job, not with mass surveillance but just doing their job.

When he gets angry he insults people, by looks, disability etc. That's not really the kind of person I want negotiating with Putin.

He's a business man yes, but he started out with a million dollars and he's filed bankruptcy multiple times and most of his big negotiations have been done from a position of power or a dominant negotiating position. He wont' have those luxuries as president. He can't just file for bankruptcy when inflation and national debt goes up.

He's divisive. We could argue back and forth for days whether Obama has been divisive, but he doesn't generally get publicly angry and insult his opposition as Trump would do. Imagine a democrat calling him out on one of his policies, which is fair game and okay to do, and Trump responds by saying every liberal in the country is stupid. That's divisive.

I think I have some good, well thought out reservations, yes?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

PC isn't only from the left, mein freunde.

I will repeat. Trump is doing nothing to further the anti-PC cause, only harm it. He is simply being a prick under the guise of being anti-PC.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I have reservations on Trump for several reasons.

He seems to be anti Science in an age where it's more important than ever...his multiple statements that China invented Global warming.

Have you got some more on him being anti-science? I am not sure you can apply that label because he thinks China is responsible for global warming.

He want's to ban Muslims, but how do you find out someones religion? Bigger point is that banning Muslims isn't the answer because we already knew who the 9/11 guys were before the attacks. they were being tracked by the FBI. The solution is to let or security agencies do their job, not with mass surveillance but just doing their job.

He doesn't want to ban mulsims, he wants to temporarily ban them whilst the govt can improve screening processes. Seems pretty sensible to me.

When he gets angry he insults people, by looks, disability etc. That's not really the kind of person I want negotiating with Putin.

He is quite insulting at times, agreed, but not sure what he is like on the otherside of a negotiating table. I don't think you can draw much of an insight on his negotiating tactics from the media circus.

He's a business man yes, but he started out with a million dollars and he's filed bankruptcy multiple times and most of his big negotiations have been done from a position of power or a dominant negotiating position. He wont' have those luxuries as president. He can't just file for bankruptcy when inflation and national debt goes up.

Offer a guarantee that you can turn $1m into $3000-4000m in the time Trump has and you will have investors biting your hand off and you will be rich in an instant. In the world of property development $1m was peanuts even back then. I don't hink he would have been operating from a dominant position from the start , he earned it. In terms of the bankruptcy instances ,he has already covered that in his reponses during debates and in the media. Again, seemed like a smart move.

He's divisive. We could argue back and forth for days whether Obama has been divisive, but he doesn't generally get publicly angry and insult his opposition as Trump would do. Imagine a democrat calling him out on one of his policies, which is fair game and okay to do, and Trump responds by saying every liberal in the country is stupid. That's divisive.

He is not really devisive. The world is already diveded. He is coming down on one side of the argument. The other side, don't like it.

I think I have some good, well thought out reservations, yes?

I guess it depends on your persective. I think you spoke some truths in there but there are a few generalisations that I don't think are justfied.
edit on 21/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I wonder why it is that people attack Trump for saying he'll do this or that. Everyone says there's no way he can do what he says. How do you know? He's different. Maybe he can do different things. Picking someone outside the usual box of candidates could lead to results outside what we usually expect.

I'm not saying he can definitely make Mexico pay for a wall or all the stuff he has promised. I'm just saying that if he wins, and I think he will, and if he governs the way he runs business, and I think he will, we can expect things to change really quick.

So many posts from people saying "he can't do that" or "he'll never be able to do this". That's the attitude of the political class that lives inside the same box, thinking the same ways, using the same limitations and expectations. Trump isn't Clinton or Bush or Obama.

Addition: Why do people say Trump is divisive? Are we pretending there aren't already divisions? The country - and the people - are already divided. Kudos for Trump for having the nerve to say which side of the line he stands on. The whole "we need to unite the right and left" stuff is a pipe dream, and it's also a lie. Nobody is trying to do that. The left is trying to smother the right, and vice versa. The left isn't going to start picking up conservative ideas, and the right isn't going to jump on the liberal bandwagon. It just isn't going to happen, so let's quit wasting time and air talking about it and admit that we have opposing views. All Trump has done is said what we all think - the other side is stupid.
edit on 21-1-2016 by stolencar18 because: edit

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I will repeat. Trump is doing nothing to further the anti-PC cause, only harm it. He is simply being a prick under the guise of being anti-PC.

Not quite the same - as explained in the link you provided. The extreme left have held sway in the PC world for some time and it is crumbling around them, thankfully. The harsh reaction is to be expected. I think once some common ground is reached then the stone throwing will stop or at least the stones will be smaller

To be fair though I will give an example of both and also what , for me at least, is a real world example of common ground.

Limiting to just two real world examples:

1) a white guy putting boot polish on his face and jumping around with jazz hands and calling it entertainment and having the TV stations carry it - you know the old minstrel shows
2) a guy commenting on a female linkedin profile saying he thinks the woman is attractive creates national news and the guy is sacked form his job over it.

To me, which I think is common ground : 1) is unacceptable 2) is a joke.
To the PC extremists, 1) is unacceptable, 2) is justified
To the right wing extremist, 1) is ok, 2) is a joke

Thats my opinion of an example of common ground of course, and who knows where the middle ground will end up on all issues, but one thing is for sure - right now there is a long overdue movement against the extreme PC crowd.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Fear is the real deal. It seems to work well.

"Samuel Taylor Coleridge was right when he claimed, 'In politics, what begins in fear usually ends up in folly.' Political activists are more inclined, though, to heed an observation from Richard Nixon: 'People react to fear, not love. They don't teach that in Sunday school, but it's true.' That principle, which guided the late president's political strategy throughout his career, is the sine qua non of contemporary political campaigning. Marketers of products and services ranging from car alarms to TV news programs have taken it to heart as well. The short answer to why Americans harbor so many misbegotten fears is that immense power and money await those who tap into our moral insecurities and supply us with symbolic substitutes."

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I like your ideas, and I appreciate the education on illegal immigration, having not seen the effect in person has caused me to not look into the issue more and learn, so thanks to you ill be more open minded and shed a bit of ignorance.

Thank you..

As for Hillary, and Im not sure why this is exactly, but no doom has actually frightened me in a notable way, or gotten to me the way she does. Sure I get a little freaked here and there with Fukushima, ww3, natural disasters, so on, all the doom, but so far I can keep a pretty level head and not dwell on that stuff, sort of welcome it.

However the thought of her running the country just downright disturbs me, and freaks me out worse than any of those other things and there is no fun in it at all. Just all bad.

As for myself, I understand the Clintons as weird as that may seem, and it is not good. I have military friends that were around them in the 90s, and I lived in Little Rock from 2000 to 2004 and I know people who worked for catering companies that did all their parties etc., and there are no good stories out of any of them. Hillary cares nothing about us, any of us. She has true hate for the military, any government agencies such as the secret service, and just about anyone that has worked around her in a support roll. Her and Bill planned 30 plus years ago to go all the way to the White House and she will crush anyone who might stand in her way, including the american people. Her marriage was formed as a power couple with having just one child to show it was a marriage, but there is no love there and never was. Bill did his fun since day one and she didn't care until it might have affected her future run to the White House too. When I say she is an evil bitch I'm not joking and that is something I have never suggested to any other women in my life. For me it really doesn't matter who is president as long as it isn't Hillary.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I like your ideas, and I appreciate the education on illegal immigration, having not seen the effect in person has caused me to not look into the issue more and learn, so thanks to you ill be more open minded and shed a bit of ignorance.

Thank you..

As for Hillary, and Im not sure why this is exactly, but no doom has actually frightened me in a notable way, or gotten to me the way she does. Sure I get a little freaked here and there with Fukushima, ww3, natural disasters, so on, all the doom, but so far I can keep a pretty level head and not dwell on that stuff, sort of welcome it.

However the thought of her running the country just downright disturbs me, and freaks me out worse than any of those other things and there is no fun in it at all. Just all bad.

As for myself, I understand the Clintons as weird as that may seem, and it is not good. I have military friends that were around them in the 90s, and I lived in Little Rock from 2000 to 2004 and I know people who worked for catering companies that did all their parties etc., and there are no good stories out of any of them. Hillary cares nothing about us, any of us. She has true hate for the military, any government agencies such as the secret service, and just about anyone that has worked around her in a support roll. Her and Bill planned 30 plus years ago to go all the way to the White House and she will crush anyone who might stand in her way, including the american people. Her marriage was formed as a power couple with having just one child to show it was a marriage, but there is no love there and never was. Bill did his fun since day one and she didn't care until it might have affected her future run to the White House too. When I say she is an evil bitch I'm not joking and that is something I have never suggested to any other women in my life. For me it really doesn't matter who is president as long as it isn't Hillary.

Cheers

My god

You have done nothing to ease my mind on the subject of Hilary freaking Clinton lol. It's gonna be her, this NWO crap is real and it's gonna be her, I've felt this for awhile, I hope I get to come back and eat my words.

I knew none of this about the family, It all makes sense. She just looks evil, what's she has done that I have heard of is shady and despicable, I think most people sense something is wrong with her, I certainly do, to me she personifies hate, just the epitome of a cruel beyatch....

edit on 22-1-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Trump Position Papers

It's funny that I can show someone one of these without Identifying that's it Trump and most are like "That makes sense to me". When you actually read the plans, tell me what you disagree with. Let's work from the actual positions rather than people's opinions on what they think he says.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Trump Position Papers

It's funny that I can show someone one of these without Identifying that's it Trump and most are like "That makes sense to me". When you actually read the plans, tell me what you disagree with. Let's work from the actual positions rather than people's opinions on what they think he says.

I agree with you - I read through his proposals previously and all seem reasonable and achievable. Whether they are the best proposals is open to debate.

You have to remember that those on the extreme left hate Trump so much because he is about to end their party (if he gets elected). Even if he doesnt get elected he has woken people up to the nonsense being forced down peoples throats day after day. The extremists on the left are going to do everything they can to stop him and common sense and actual facts will not get in the way of their hatred.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I can't separate my emotions and feelings from the truth and what's right and wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Sometimes being an ass is the only way to break though the BS.

I can't see him being like this all the time. He does great business in countries that require great tact.

If he gets the nomination we'll see what happens.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: dismanrc

wouldn't you think making it easier for people to become US citizens be a better way to handle illegal immigration rather than building a wall? like i said, immigrants need a certain amount of money to become citizens, even though most of them come from poverty, which is exactly the reason why they are forced to come illegally in the first place. not only do they need money but then need to learn more about this country than the average american.

but instead of thinking about the issue and coming up with useful solution, some say, just build a wall... as if that would solve anything. its like saying, just nuke the middle east, solutions, just stupid solutions.

I don't have a problem with LEGAL immigration. I would not even have an issue with a worker permit.
I have a BIG problem with Illegal immigration. I personally think that anyone coming illgally should be classified as an invader and the military should handle it. One warning to stop and then shoot them.

I would close the borders by any means -- see above.
I would tell all illegals they have 6 months to report and have an ID issued. (NOT a Green Card.)
After that grace period no more ID issued. any one caught without an ID is Immediately document and sent back as well as put on a list of no entry EVER.
The ones with ID cards are processed
-No criminal history - Issued a worker ID or put on probation to be put into line for a Green Card.
- Criminal history - Sent back and tagged for no entry EVER.
The ones that want a Green Card are put on probation for a period of years. After all they DID break the law. if no issues put into the line for Green Card.

Worker ID would be just that. They have NO rights to get any aid from the US other then those granted to a tourist.
They have the right to work and EMERGENCY medical. The company that hires them would be responsible for basic medical needs. (IE giving them health care or supplying a clinic.) All other needs would be on a contractual agreement. (IE the company supplies room and board, or pays local rates.) Pay is based on the contract NOT the local minimum wage. Government has the authority to monitor room, board and basic medical. Pay above that is per contract.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Do you also think Mexico will be paying for said imaginary wall?

Don't hate.

It is 'infrastructure' spending after all.

Now Trump haters don't like it?

Funny.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How far down would a wall have to go before it was too deep for tunneling, I am wondering. And would we put one in the ocean. I wonder how high up it would have to be to keep drones from sneaking over. Who needs roads and bridges, when we can have beautiful walls.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Do you also think Mexico will be paying for said imaginary wall? To be for 'the wall' you also have to believe how Trump wants to fund the wall.

$8 Billion construction cost...
Mexico currently receives just under $500 Mil per year in US foreign aid, so take away that...
Tear up NAFTA, which has cost the US $181 Billion in lost jobs to Mexico over the past 20 years
This act alone would effectively tackle the current $53.8 Billion trade deficit between the US and Mexico.

Figure construction of that wall will take at least 5 years, so there's $2.5 Billion of the cost just by eliminating foreign aid to them. Once NAFTA is no more, the remaining bill represents 10% of the trade deficit or a reasonable industrial flat tax on $53.8 Billion worth of trade value.

THE WALL
Built by Americans, for Americans, on Mexico's dime (for a change)
TRUMP 2016

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No, it really is only from the extreme left. You know, the complete morons that fake offense at the slightest thing and run around telling everyone how offended they are. It's basically attention seeking driven by a lack of self worth, very much an extreme left issue. The extreme right don't get offended - they are very content at being morons.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join