It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro Trump and pro Wall...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: onequestion

Do you also think Mexico will be paying for said imaginary wall? To be for 'the wall' you also have to believe how Trump wants to fund the wall.

$8 Billion construction cost...
Mexico currently receives just under $500 Mil per year in US foreign aid, so take away that...
Tear up NAFTA, which has cost the US $181 Billion in lost jobs to Mexico over the past 20 years
This act alone would effectively tackle the current $53.8 Billion trade deficit between the US and Mexico.

Figure construction of that wall will take at least 5 years, so there's $2.5 Billion of the cost just by eliminating foreign aid to them. Once NAFTA is no more, the remaining bill represents 10% of the trade deficit or a reasonable industrial flat tax on $53.8 Billion worth of trade value.

THE WALL
Built by Americans, for Americans, on Mexico's dime (for a change)
TRUMP 2016

Ha! Good luck with that. Never will happen. It would be in the courts for 20yrs+ with the power of 2 countries government's and all their respective corporations/interests suing the US, not to mention the blowback with every other nation the US has trade agreements with or are looking to have. Also, think of the vested interests, combined power and wealth, of American corporations that benefit from said agreements. Never will happen.

The only way that the US can get outta NAFTA is to literally change governments...i.e revolution / civil war.
edit on 13-2-2016 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Connector

That''s absolutely false. Congress can vote to abolish the treaty in a simple majority vote and, so long as the seated POTUS signs it, virtually any treaty the US is involved in would be legally abolished.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

That''s absolutely false. Congress can vote to abolish the treaty in a simple majority vote and, so long as the seated POTUS signs it, virtually any treaty the US is involved in would be legally abolished.

But that doesn't address the question of what the economic impact would be at this point. For example, the entire U.S. automotive industry is now integrated with Mexico. The automotive industries of other countries have built plants in Mexico for the purpose of exporting to the U.S. That's been a twenty year process and a Donald Trump can't wave a magic wand and put the toothpaste back in the tube just like that.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

But that doesn't address the question of what the economic impact would be at this point. For example, the entire U.S. automotive industry is now integrated with Mexico. The automotive industries of other countries have built plants in Mexico for the purpose of exporting to the U.S. That's been a twenty year process and a Donald Trump can't wave a magic wand and put the toothpaste back in the tube just like that.

Agree, but then when were presidential races ever about anything other than promises regardless of whether they can be kept? After last night it has degenerated into hollow promises AND outright lies (Ted Cruz primary amongst the liars). The debate was an absolute joke and looked more like a reality TV show than a political discussion. CBS set it up that way and the puppets on stage duly obliged.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DelMarvel

The debate was an absolute joke and looked more like a reality TV show than a political discussion. CBS set it up that way and the puppets on stage duly obliged.

Republicans share most of the blame for turning this election into a reality TV show. They ignored Trump's vitriolic rhetoric way too long for fear of offending his supporters instead of doing the right thing and calling him on it. Cruz especially sucked up to him for months thinking it was to his political advantage. And that's not even getting into the two decades of GOP nastiness on talk radio, TV and internet that created the climate for this.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Good post.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I have new respect for Donald Trump. He stood up against the rich republican donors and told them straight up about the Iraq war. He is not afraid of any of the Bush family. Kudos Mr. Trump.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I agree. I admire his role in bringing things to the fore that people have been too afraid to discuss. ON teh other hand he is looking less and less like a president every day. I think he has a role to play in govt but perhaps not as POTUS.
edit on 15/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It's called "capitalism." If a company can't absorb those losses and seize the opportunities that changes create, screw 'em. Let them collapse and another enterprising corporation will swoop in and fill whatever void that collapse leaves.

If you are the POTUS, policies and actions must always be to the maximum benefit of the American taxpayer and citizenry. While the concept of "American exceptionalism" has been openly pooh-poohed by the presiding POTUS, it is a fact that he must work for us at all times. Often that will include flicking middle fingers and boogers at other countries... so be it. That's what it takes to do the job properly. Nowhere on the list of duties is "provide for foreign country's industrial needs" or "make sure this corporation isn't impacted by doing what is in America's best interest."

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I agree a wall should be built. There are enough tunnels.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think an important thing to remember about Trump is that he loves to win, for the sake of winning. In my opinion it's all just a big game to him, simply about the competition. You don't think he won't say anything he has to in order to get his "trophy"? What happens after he wins? Will he lose interest like a bored little child and simply move on to his next conquest? We shall see. He certainly has a crazy over inflated ego and thinks he is just the greatest thing. Not a humble bone in his body. Do you think that he will do what is best in a crises? Or could we expect his ego to get in the way of that.

Anyways, just my two cent ramblings. Here are some nice quotes from Donald. Enjoy.

To Piers Morgan "You and I both know that there is "just something about winning"-..."

“We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning.”

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts.”

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

“The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”

"My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure; it's not your fault."

edit on 15-2-2016 by seeker11 because: bad grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join