It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pro Trump and pro Wall...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Let's get this out of the way quick.. Yes some of these views may seem contrary on the surface compared to my typical perspective on most topics.

If you comment on this slight hypocrisy only, you will be ignored.

Now.... I like Trump. Trust me I was a Sanders supporter for a while but I realized he's just another career politician, and I'm sick of those. I like Trump because he knows what it takes to run a business and has the balls to follow through on that knowledge and take massive risks.

Most presidents don't. That's probably why the economy sucks.

I also support Trumps position on immigration. Believe I don't think that our borders are anything but imaginary lines drawn on a map but let's be realistic about it... The world doesn't work that. I have to separate reality from my utopian dreams and make a choice based on real solutions for the real world that's happening now not the real world of the future.

Right now in the real world America is falling a part from the inside. We shipped the engine of America to China and Mexico (and other countries) starting in 1992. During a similar time period at the same time mass immigration started, I'm not talking just Mexico either I'm talking Asian and Indians and he'll every country on earth let's be honest. When the South Americans an Mexicans started coming over they began taking jobs for way less money then any American could afford. They are capable of doing this for a few reasons, one is that their family structure is culturally different and they support each other and stick together more. This support system allows them to be able to work for less money while maintaining a higher standard of living then if the average American did it. We here in America choose to be selfish and pursue individualism rather then see ourselves as family and a community so because of that we what's called nuclear families. Think of particle physics (reductionism) when thinking of a nuclear family. Anyway...

So because of this and the mass amount of people from these South American and Mexican families have done this (ten(s) of millions) they have completely devalued the labor market for skilled trades in the entire country.

Even the unions are feeling its power, just ask any Union carpenter you know.

It's not just them though, it's our granting so many H1-b visas to so many Asians and Indians rather than trying to invest in the American workforce and help bridge the gap between career positions and the average displaced worker, an yes there are far more displaced workers than not.

All of these things work together to devalue the dollar making things harder for the average American( more expensive).

Anyway this is why I'm voting for Trump, and I'm almost certain many of you will disagree.
edit on 1/16/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Could be worse, you could be calling me an idiot (or worse) for not agreeing with you. At least you have the stones to come out and say it (for one) and list why (for another).

Completely disagree with you but that's the beauty of an election if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Feel the DONULD

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Do you also think Mexico will be paying for said imaginary wall? To be for 'the wall' you also have to believe how Trump wants to fund the wall.

edit on 16-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So because of this and the mass amount of people from these South American and Mexican families have done this (ten(s) of millions) they have completely devalued the labor market for skilled trades in the entire country.

No, the people giving them the freaking jobs did. Has Trump addressed that?
All the wall will do is make it a little harder for people to come over, we have walls now and people just go over and under them.

What stance besides his on immigration do you like? Or does he just need to a be a one trick pony to get the vote.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If my vote counted, it would probably be Trump

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Do you also think Mexico will be paying for said imaginary wall? To be for 'the wall' you also have to believe how Trump wants to fund the wall.

We don't need a literal wall all we have to do is fine the companies who hire illegals and eventually they will leave.

link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR

Could be worse, you could be calling me an idiot (or worse) for not agreeing with you. At least you have the stones to come out and say it (for one) and list why (for another).

Completely disagree with you but that's the beauty of an election if you ask me.

I appreciate your point of view.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Government failures caused *ALL* the problems.

No question about that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That's why we should start fining these companies.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

We don't need a literal wall all we have to do is fine the companies who hire illegals and eventually they will leave.

Cool, and Trump hasn't uttered a word about that.

Probably because HE OUTSOURCES HIS JOBS AND THEN HIRES ILLEGALS TO DO HIS WORK HERE.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When you're done playing your usual games we can a have discussion.

edit on thSat, 16 Jan 2016 19:23:36 -0600America/Chicago120163680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You didn't really talk about the wall in your OP so I have a question about it.

Do you actually believe that if Trump was elected he could make Mexico build a 1300 mile long wall at the border like he claimed he would?
edit on 16-1-2016 by Grimpachi because: long

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

That's very true he does represent a direct conflict of interests with his point of view.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Do you actually believe that if Trump was elected he could make Mexico build a 1300 mile long wall at the border like he claimed he would?

See more response above.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: reldra

The man you back wants a literal wall. A high wall , all along our southern border. And he wants to force another country to pay for this monstrosity that will never happen.

Lots of companies that hire illegals are fined. Can't find each and every one.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Maybe a wall is necessary.

It was apparently necessary for Mexico to build on its southern border.

link   

That's very true he does represent a direct conflict of interests with his point of view.

Then why do you think he will want to fix a system that he and his buddies take advantage of.

And you have mentioned that we need to fine the employers, so I will ask a third time, what has Trump said about doing something like that?

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

See more response above.

I wanted to know if you believed what Trump claimed he would do about the wall.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

When you're done playing your usual games we can a have discussion.

Selective enforcement.

Favoritism.

Lackadaisical policies.

Government officials lying to the public.

Politically strategic placement of immigrants.

Sanctuary cities.

etc. etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join