It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Little Bro and my Big Sis in 24 Hours

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Stay strong in this time of tribulation... I know that probably doesn't mean much but I truly hurt and am feeling for you and your family at this time.

Perhaps that is how it was meant to be - he couldn't go it alone and big sis deep down knew it, holding his hand on that journey to the other side

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

I unexpectedly lost one of my sons this past year and know some of what you're going through

I feel for your loss as well.

long letter telling him things that I wished I'd of said to him in life. I went outside and burned the letter

Thats a great idea, we used to do that at AA as one of the steps towards sobriety

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Lost my brother a couple of days ago.

Upon hearing the news my Big Sis collapsed and died.

We debated if we should tell her. I said to tell her.

I am completely in shock.

I don't know why I feel compelled to post it here.

People can't even talk to me. Nobody knows what to say.

Cause there are no words.

This has been the hardest thing I ever dealt with.

Any advice except medicate ?

my deepest condolences ~!!! Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Here is what I know, this isn't my opinion and when I hear this, brought comfort to my entire being since that in my family some have passed away that can't bring back, nor would I ...but, I know someone close to me that had lost her dad on her 16th birthday as she walked in his bedroom and saw him lying there....she was crushed beyond belief...

in her tears sobbing...she heard..."I am Merciful"

There were and still are times I don't understand why death happens SO quickly to some and longer for others...but I truely believe that there truely is one that holds to very 'keys' to life and it is Him who decided who comes and who stays...and since He does hold those keys ...there truly is comfort knowing that not all is truly lost, in this life and that which is to come...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Apologies for short reply .. it's one thing perhaps .. Maybe it was said too

sleep ..

sleeping pills pharmacy strenght (not to medicate just to rest as long as you need and if you can't)

I can't imagine how it feels .. But so glad you stayed online

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss.

Prayers, thoughts, and positive feelings your way.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm also very sorry for you and your family. The double tragedy of losing both a brother and sister like that ...I really can't imagine. In time you will feel better and it won't be on your brain all of the time and won't be always so heavy on your heart, though I know right now that doesn't seem possible.

Remember they would want you to live out a good life for all the days you are given and to carry on. Easier said then done, I know.

Also I know that one day you will be with them again.
edit on 16-1-2016 by Airewenna because: typooo

edit on 16-1-2016 by Airewenna because: 2 typos

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So sorry to hear such news and for your loss.Hope the best for you and your family during these times.

Hang in there.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

I think people don't know what to do or how to respond sometimes so they avoid. I also think the reality scares people. When my kids were killed, everyone in my life disappeared. I think they just couldn't cope with the reality of the situation. It has been and continues to be the loneliest thing I have ever experienced.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The more I read .. Look at us ..

Sons and Daughters without Mothers and Fathers

Individually a little broken .. Yet still here

Together .. Glued .. Holding the pieces together

Bunch of tasty nuts on a family tree ..

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

I think people don't know what to do or how to respond sometimes so they avoid. I also think the reality scares people. When my kids were killed, everyone in my life disappeared. I think they just couldn't cope with the reality of the situation. It has been and continues to be the loneliest thing I have ever experienced.

Off to the first Service. Your post really got to me.

As much pain as I'm in, at least I'm not burying my child.

It hurts my heart to read you lost your kids.

So sorry, I'm not sure I could go on. You must be extremely strong.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nothing I can say which will help you, just want you to know that I'm sending my sincerest kind thoughts and sympathy from my little corner of England to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhereTo my knowledge healthy people don't normally succumb to death on receiving bad news...I suspect there was an underlying condition that perhaps no one was aware of that had severely weakened her...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

OMG mate.....my condolences...ummm.....were your family members aged or taken too soon? 70 and older is a good innings IMO, anything before that is not long enough.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

OMG mate.....my condolences...ummm.....were your family members aged or taken too soon? 70 and older is a good innings IMO, anything before that is not long enough.

OP typed on the last page that his brother was 49 and his sister was 61; his sister was in poor health.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere Very sorry to hear of your loss.Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Cry until you have cried enough-i think thats a great stress reliever. I lost my little brother to brain cancer a few months ago and have no real answers. Take care of yourself,walk exercise, talk to others about your brother and sister if you can. You will start to feel better. Time heals all wounds.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
my deepest condolences....

you kinda said it your self bud...medicate...ill pack you one meself...allow some of mother natures energy back inya

whatever energy i have i send to you my friend....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
No words I have can relate... It's going to be a life lived through different eyes from here on out.
It will be a long time before things feel okay.

We all feel with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Death...the meanest, nastiest, unhittable curveball that life throws at each and everyone of us. Even when we are prepared for an impending death, the grief is inescapable, as it should be. That's what makes it real, that's what allows us to mourn & celebrate the lives of those we love. Ugh, that being said, it sure does suck. No other way to put it. Don't even try to take it a day at a time, hour to hour is more like it. Be mad, be happy, cry & laugh. Take each emotion as it comes & use it, don't fight it. Know that you are allowed to have good days & bad. Remember that there are plenty of people here on ATS who will listen to you when everyone else has gone back to their daily routine & you are swimming in silence. We all heal at our own pace. Take your time.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Can you post a good story/antidote about your brother and sister? A story that will make us all smile.

If its conspericy based, a green star for you

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about your family. Isn't imagine what pain and questions you are feeling right now.

Coming from a nonreligious person, stories like this make me question everything.

At some point you had to tell your sister. Was she in good health when you told her? Either way, I would've told her even knowing the result. She had to be told by family at some point.

Don't lose faith in life, be determined and push on. I hope for the best for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join