It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Little Bro and my Big Sis in 24 Hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Lost my brother a couple of days ago.

Upon hearing the news my Big Sis collapsed and died.

We debated if we should tell her. I said to tell her.

I am completely in shock.

I don't know why I feel compelled to post it here.

People can't even talk to me. Nobody knows what to say.

Cause there are no words.

This has been the hardest thing I ever dealt with.

Any advice except medicate ?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

No words says it all. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Wish there was more to offer.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There are no words.

But I am sorry for your losses.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Stay strong.

Everything happens for a reason.

Very sorry to hear this.

Do some soul searching and look back at all the Good both did in their lives.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Sometimes posting your feelings online can be therapeutic in helping to deal
with the sudden loses you have recently suffered through.Sorry to hear about
losing your loved ones.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Oh my God. I'm so sorry.
I know words always fail at times like this but please know I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Try to honor them at this time in the way they would have wanted, not necessarily what everyone else expects.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear this.

The only advice I can think to give is to stay strong and know that they're both in a better place and not in any pain. Don't blame yourself, there's no way you could have known that telling her would cause this.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I notice you user name "why am I here".

You must be considering this more now than before. The old standard is there is more for you to do, or just one person whose life you can make a difference. You know...a butterfly's wings.

my heart goes out to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss, that is devastating. Do feel the sympathy that we send.
Take care of yourself as you remember the best times with your loved ones.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the death of your kin. Your sis needed to be told what happened. You guys would have had to tell her eventually and the end result would have probably been the same. I wouldn't want my relatives to not tell me if my brother had died, no matter what condition I was in.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for losses

Thoughts and prayers with you man.

ETA: And ya please don't blame your self or self medicate to much!
edit on thFri, 15 Jan 2016 22:49:53 -0600America/Chicago120165380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart is bleeding because there are no words to convey how that thought makes me feel.

You had to tell her. You couldn't hide it from her, but there was no way to know how she would react. But, oh I hope you weren't the one who told her, but maybe you should be there with that person? You said to tell her and that person told her. I think you both could help each other cope right now.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sorry to hear about the death of your kin. Your sis needed to be told what happened. You guys would have had to tell her eventually and the end result would have probably been the same. I wouldn't want my relatives to not tell me if my brother had died, no matter what condition I was in.

I know in my heart I did the right thing.

It just produced the worst possible result.

Just knowing that people care speaks volumes.

It helps....Thanks to everyone.

I guess I do know why I posted this here.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sorry to hear

It is important that you don't blame your self, she had to know eventually.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Man. I don't know what to say except that I am truly sorry for your loss and that you have my heart felt condolences. Don't blame yourself for your sister. You didn't know it would happen if you told her. As for any other advice, I have none, other than to let people help you grieve. Don't go through it alone.

edit on 15-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Don't over-self-medicate. Best and only advice I could muster in such a situation.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Prayers.....

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Any advice except medicate ?

I recommend crying of course. Every single person on earth will join them one day, it sucks, but thats just how it works.
Try as best you can to ignore the end and focus on how awesome (and a pain in the ass) they were, and with any luck, you will see em down the line.
but for now, cry and chat with them if it helps, dont worry about others thoughts of you, grieving is the approprate response here.

one bit of advice
swap out alcohol for tea. you dont need booze anywhere near until it is time to drink with a smile with friends to toast their life and how their ripples remain.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My God.. I'm so sorry! This has been a terrible day for our family to.. it feels like the sky is caving in..
Hugs to you.. you would have had to tell her at some point. Please don't blame yourself.. we are here to lean on if you need us.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

"A time to every purpose unto Heaven". Ecclesiasties

I am sooooo sorry and pray for you. God never places more on our shoulders than he knows we can handle...even when we think we just cant.

What I usually say is 2 things.

1. Don't think of them as gone...just "away" for awhile, for you will meet again.
2. God took them "home" because they were done here, and he had a greater need for them in the next world.

God bless, seek council. I know that doesnt mean much, but there is a reason for everything.

Peace, Love n Light to you and yours..always.....Mysterioustranger

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join