It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Short

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is my first post in this thread, I think, and I have to say this is a movie every person everywhere in the world needs to see.
A movie that you sit your kids down and make them watch and say "see I told you monsters were real"
It left me seething with anger, the kind of anger i had when i read the book about Bernie Madoff and his massive hedgefund.
The kind of mind equals blown away mad.
Anyway i just had to get that out ,please ATS'ers watch this.
The Big Short Trailer (2015) ‐ Paramount Pictures

No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller by Harry Markopolos (madoff hedgefund fraud book for those interested)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I cannot wait to see this... hopefully it helps wake up some of the sleeping masses as to how our "leaders" play with our lives/economy and profit off of us no matter what (Especially if we stand to lose a lot).

Despicable that this happened the way that it did but at least people are learning about it more.

Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It just left me speachless, beyond words. and it happened after the fiasco with madoff which means the all of them from the politicians to the corporate CEO's to wall street are all in the game to make money, and not small amounts, massive, massive amounts of money.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I saw it recently and thought it was amazing, the preformance Steve Carell gives is really quite impressive for a actor that we normally see taking more comedy roles. I also loved Brad Pit in this and loved his scene where he tells his two young prodigies that if they are right its the end of the American economy and Christian Bale was amazing as ever. It was also amazing that this movie was directed by Adam McKay whose only other worke really of note has been in big comedy's alongside Will Fereral such as Anchorman, the other guys and other such movies. This is his first more serious drama in the directors chair but the movie still manages to be funny at times, i loved how he used the cammeos in this movie to explain some of the more complex elements of the banking system.

My only real criticism would be that at times i felt that movie dummed down some of the banking stuff as i have also read the book and I would have to say that i think that the first half hour of this movie was a little bit dull.

Overall though a very good movie

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I haven't seen the film, but I know when I do I will be so pissed to learn the dirty details..

But "Inside Job" and "Too Big to Fail" were two documentaries on the 2009 financial crisis that do probably explain a lot of what happens in "the Big Short".

Inside Job

Too Big to Fail

I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Inside Job, and Too Big To Fail, Both good entries.

Highly recommended.

The names haven't been changed to protect the guilty.

Madoff is a boy scout compared to the banksters behind the 2008 'bailout'.

Madoff is in jail, the people that created the 2008 crisis are still in charge, still pulling the levers behind the curtain.

And we stupids go, derp dee derpty doo.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Watched it, great insight into what happened learned some stuff I didn't know too. Would recommend it for sure, but be warned you will get frustrated with the reality of it

top topics

join