It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder about you people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You get the frank, outgoing me here.

In reality, I mostly keep to myself. I generally talk about normal stuff with regular folks and I don't bring up controversial stuff unless they go there and then I walk a line between staying orthodox and safe and leaking how I might actually feel just a bit.

I tend to be much more honest about my geekery. After all, I have a Yoda car and a Wash Pop on my desk at work.

You fine people invite honest opinion, so you get to find out what I really think. Honestly, I have to let that aspect of my mind out somewhere. Lucky you!

At a bar, I'm the one skipping the beer in favor of mixed drinks. I'm not much into shots. I also don't dance ... unless someone slips me way too many. I also love to watch football and play bar trivia.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

I wonder why you're here?

T. gondii?

I'm pretty sure it is.

edit on 8-1-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm pretty much the same here as I am in my offline life except I can't swear in here and I do in real life. LOL

I come here because there are so many topics to explore and ponder and some of the people are just amazing. I feel I have grown as a person from being here so many years and learned a lot from so many of you.

Yeah, it would be interesting to have a few drinks with the folks here at a bar. Can you imagine the conversations? We could feel free to talk about anything without someone looking at you like you're from outer space or something. LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I post how I think and what I believe in.I come here because ATS is the best run
conspiracy site,in my opinion.If ATS were a bar I would drink here depending on
who the bartender is.If I had too many,which I don't,would someone make sure
that I got home safely? Or...Would I be the next topic of a thread?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You don't sound like the muslims people talk about, though, more like someone who was inspired through like a journey or something. So im not sure where you're perceiving hate, or that theres such thing as "progressive cool kids" hanging in the alley. Maybe want to try a ritzy coffee shop or someth. Alleys arent exactly the place to meet and talk "politics" na'mean?

edit on 8-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I definately would if i was there. How could I see that and just leave it blank? Shucks.
edit on 8-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I tend to be much more honest about my geekery.

You need one of these then.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am pretty much the same in real life as in here. Quiet, observing, only speaking when I feel I can contribute without rehashing what others have already said in a post, as you can tell by my stats I often don't say much, but I follow many threads to glean knowledge or better understand people and their interactions with others. I have always been this way even as a child, preferring the observers role.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hijacks the thread with a mug full of awesome

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

I definately would if i was there. How could I see that and just leave it blank? Shucks.

So,which is it,would you see me home safely or post a thread?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: breakingbs

So,which is it,would you see me home safely or post a thread?

Are you asking me or 100000000 others?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

So, you would make a thread about my activities in a ATS bar scenario.

edit on 8-1-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So, you would make a thread about my activities in a ATS bar scenario.
I wonder how many drinks would I have to pay for?

Your activities madam?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Ahhh,I just saw your registration date,you don't know me yet,but you will.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

As far as the drinks are considered, probably all of yours. Yeah. All of the ones you drink, hows that work 4 ya.

edit on 9-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Ahhh,I just saw your registration date,you don't know me yet,but you will.

Ah, ok, awesome.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Besides the Final Fantasy XI board I participated in for a few years, this is the only internet forum/boards I've ever participated in. I've never found any other topics worth joining in the discussion, and I've been on the interwebs for 23 years now.

In my few years as a reader before finally joining, I found a wealth of information on topics which interested me, and which had been a LOT harder and more expensive to delve into pre-web.

Always had a lot of interest in ancient civilizations, hope to one day have confirmed knowledge of aliens on Earth (past or future), vast "powers behind the powers" always intrigued me, secret technology speculations, and then ATS has the bonus of some really great contributors in the areas of natural phenomena (earthquakes, volcanoes, etc) and military (all, really) aircraft, which has been a huge interest of mine since i first discovered the SR-71 Blackbird wasn't a far future, far-fetched prototype, but rather a decades-old source of the question, "What the hell are we making in secret now?!"

I found a couple of other conspiracy sites, the most well-known of which appeared to be an example of what happens when you get a bunch of pre-teens hooked on crack and steroids, then build the most ungainly website you can dream up for them to ply their unreadable trade.

If ATS was a bar, it would be a great place to learn interesting things, of which I would try to gravitate to experts on topics I never paid much attention to (as I feel like I've reached the tail end of the law of diminishing returns in information on my pet topics. So I enjoy new stuff from anyone who knows a thing thoroughly.

I also believe I would always leave long before closing time, because the conversations would end up being quashed by loud talkers and fights between politician-lovers as the night wore on. Signature drinks would all be named for conspiracies. I'll close my long post with a few recipes.

Men In Black: Jack, Johnny, José, Kahlua on the rocks. (The kahlua helps make it darker/black, and its on the rocks cuz it's cold as ice, like MIBs.)

Deep Throat: Goldschlager - even worse, you have to gargle it, "deep in your throat" - this should cause a coughing / possible puking fit, which will result in your voice sounding disguised for the rest of the night.

The Jack Ruby - Simply Jack Daniel's with grenadine for the "Ruby" tint.

Area 151 - Bailey's with a Bacardi 151 floater. The Bailey's represents the brown, barren ground obfuscating the hidden/invisible 151. The "area" part of the name indicates that it is intended to be ordered in multiples, as a group (area) shot.

I could go on, but I'll save it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If ATS was a bar, I probably would hate some of the people I like here, just because I have zero tolerance for people who are drunk IRL.

I would prefer it if ATS was a social group held in the best library in the world, without the noise restrictions. I mean sources folks, am I right?

I wish I could have more of the kinds of discussions that we have here IRL. Very few people want to talk about them though.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Um... I am a bit more fun in real life, and less opinionated.

I hesitate to engage in arguments most often in real life, whereas I don't here.
In real life, I will only speak up and enter a debate if it is someone who I can tell likes debate, doesn't see it as a threat to his/her ego. We have one couple we're friends with that can do that. We get into a loud debates at the table, all four, and then laugh our heads off and drink too much wine.

Most of the time, I spend a lot of time making people laugh, but don't here because it is really hard to make it work in this medium... my humor comes across a lot with body language.

I've had some people who know me in real life act very surprised to find out I have intellectual type discussions online, and they have even been very curious about that, asking where I do that, to go see for themselves. Because I am sometimes accused of being mysterious and refusing to let others know what I think about things.

Though I think that is less and less true with age. I am starting to feel less aversion to conflict and more sense of social responsibility, as an elder, to put my two cents in.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm the same opinionated prick in real life as on ATS. Real life is easier to work with though as the keyboard warriors hold their tongues when it's face to face.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join