It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret is Out: The Apple Car is Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It seems that Apple is ramping up its efforts to bring its driverles cars to the consumer market. The plan is to have them available by 2019
It is pointed out in the article that there is already a web domain set up for the Apple Car

We can see that the domain name www.apple.car... is now owned by Apple. We can see this with www.apple.auto... as well, in the image below:

What says ATS?

ophirgottlieb.tumblr.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Apple i bet are not interested in building actual vehicles but getting their software into the vehicles especially for the backseat variety who watch and listen to music etc as it may mean extra itunes sales, also they are going after battery tech which is possibly part of the new electric vehicles we keep hearing about it but the same tech probably will be uses on the iPhone 8 or whatever.

Apples basic modus operandi means they'd never build a car as it would have to meet how many standards around the world and making left and right hand versions etc and all the legal crap that manufactures face would soon make things rather dull for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Apple i bet are not interested in building actual vehicles but getting their software into the vehicles especially for the backseat variety who watch and listen to music etc as it may mean extra itunes sales, also they are going after battery tech which is possibly part of the new electric vehicles we keep hearing about it but the same tech probably will be uses on the iPhone 8 or whatever.

Apples basic modus operandi means they'd never build a car as it would have to meet how many standards around the world and making left and right hand versions etc and all the legal crap that manufactures face would soon make things rather dull for them.

Yes, it seems that Apple will be a major player in everyday life. They already are but even more so with the advancements they are developing...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I wonder how insurance companies are going to react to a driverless car? I would think they would be very cautious at first until all the bugs are worked out. There's always glitches, and I would hate to be the guinea pig on something new like a driverless car.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I would be inclined to agree with that. Too much liability when it comes to auto manufacturing, not enough bottom line. If anything, this is a move to signify them moving to an infotainment package a la Android Auto.

Edit to add: Of course, the blog linked to above seems to say otherwise. But, being that it's a blog and seems to be heavily dependent on rumors, I'm sticking with my previous statement.

/end edit.

a reply to: WeRpeons

I think that at first premiums will be higher, due to the new technology. Eventually, as the vehicles become more prevalent they'll equal out to regular vehicles. Following that, it'll be the driven vehicles that will be paying the higher rates for insurance.

I can see them starting to crap their pants with excitement over the technology, as it'll cause accidents, thefts, and other claims to decrease even more over the long term. They'll be able to continue charging the same (or potentially higher) rates, with fewer payouts, thus creating and even better bottom line.
edit on 1/8/2016 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

edit on 1/8/2016 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not about to dish out more monies for a stylish apple car over the next that's considerably less expensive with the same innards. 7k over the regular model is a-okay with me, makes me more productive while traveling between locations to look over. Well worth it. As for insurance, the question will be who will be sued? Will the makers of the tech be sued? I think there MAY be higher premiums initially, but after the data trickles in we'll see a shift likely to significantly lower premiums.

The other cool thing I like about this is that the actual design of the vehicle can change. You don't have to stare out the front window, heck there doesn't even need to be a front window. How about an internal jacuzzi with a big screen instead? What about drinking and riding? Add some champagne to the mix, might as well!
edit on 8-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Apple can take their drone car and shove it. It'll be too expensive.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Apple should just stick to making inferior phones and selling them to ignorant hipsters.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Please.... It'll fail just like their watch. lol.. Apple is losing their identity.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Overpriced? Yes

Inferior? By no means.

Go check out _javascript benches with apple vs any android on the market. Their SOCs are the only custom wizardry apple has left.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
More over priced, over complicated, garbage that considered artistic advanced revolutionary technology that no body wants to hack. I wonder if they are going to have more reinforced window, and bigger suicide nets at the car plants if they are ever in production.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I can't wait to see packaging!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Overpriced? Yes

Inferior? By no means.

Go check out _javascript benches with apple vs any android on the market. Their SOCs are the only custom wizardry apple has left.

You can have the best _javascript benches in the world but if your battery is dying every 15 minutes what's the use.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

They use the same battery technology.

They can both be operating with hanging programs or malware that drain the battery abnormally.

From what I've gathered, recent IOS updates have had issues with battery drainage, but that has happened to me with android as well a few months after getting the S4. It's usually just a quick regression and will get sorted out.

My S6 edge+ seems to randomly fast drain about once every other week. I can't tell if it's a true hardware issue or a program hanging all cores or what. It'll drop from the 15% warning to completely dead in about 3 mins when it happens!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The Apple car will only support certain types of "windows".

heeheeheeheeheehee

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Apple car will only support certain types of "windows".

heeheeheeheeheehee

Nice. LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Next, Tesla will standardize an API, that Google and Apple can compete with, thus solving a software nightmare for them as well. Gonna be a different world.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust an Apple music player, let alone a car. Wouldn't get in one at all. I know I'm not alone on that either.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wonder if it will be the key or the gas that will be proprietary?

new topics

top topics

join