It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Police Officer Shot In Patrol Car "In The Name Of Islam"- Sources

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Kali74

What do you mean it didn't have anything to do with Islam? He said it was in the name of Islam, lol.

He spoke words... born of rhetoric/insanity that most Muslims reject and label anti-Islamic.

So did Brendan Dassey.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Has anyone heard of any comments on this event from BLM spokespeople or Obama yet?

I figure Obama, in a direct and rapid response to this will release 5 more GITMO prisoners and enact harsher gun laws.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Has anyone heard of any comments on this event from BLM spokespeople or Obama yet?

I figure Obama, in a direct and rapid response to this will release 5 more GITMO prisoners and enact harsher gun laws.

That makes absolutely ZERO sense...........which means you're probably spot on.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I guess we should just outlaw grouping, identifying with anything or believing anything then? I guess Shinto rules out all Eastern Philosophy too.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I guess we should just outlaw grouping, identifying with anything or believing anything then? I guess Shinto rules out all Eastern Philosophy too.
Hyperbole, thy name is Kali.

You know very well that's not remotely what I implied.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

UPDATE: Sources say the suspect confessed to shooting the officer "In The Name Of Islam"

What religion dude says he has is ireleveant.

There is a difference. Muslims commit crime all the time, but it isn't because of Islam, same as Christians. It's when they start saying I did this for Mohammad or in the name of Islam that their religion becomes a motivation.

The radical group that bombed abortion clinics and had a member who shot George Tiller were motivated by Christianity. They claimed they did it in the name of their faith.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What do you mean it didn't have anything to do with Islam? He said it was in the name of Islam, lol.

He spoke words... born of rhetoric/insanity that most Muslims reject and label anti-Islamic.

So did Brendan Dassey.

So what group do we get to condemn because of him?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

What a person 'says' is a motivation and is important in a court of law.

Until it does come out in a court of law its here-say, especially in the court of public opinion. You belittle the process of investigation and justice by regurgitating what is accepted as the truth, let alone advancing it as truth, from a main stream media perspective.

The relatives could care less what prompted said asshole to shoot their son or husband.

Unless they also see terrorists behind every bush.

Uh, the Phila. police said he confessed, it wasn't a main stream media perspective.

"POLICE: SUSPECT CONFESSED TO PHILADELPHIA POLICE OFFICER SHOOTING 'IN NAME OF ISLAM'"
6abc.com...

The cops said it? Well then it has to be true. lull

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I didn't say that was what you implied. I'm asking you if that's what we should apply for the solution?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Who knows. Those with an IQ below 73? Point is, he spoke words that put him behind bars for life even though he didn't do what the detectives and investigators coaxed him into saying he did. If the suspect in this story just spoke words, they obviously mean something.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dang I can't believe I agreed with you. But still like one poster said crazy people will say anything so we really don't know.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Holy books and doctrine can be twisted to fit hatred. Should all religions be hated because of this? Maybe we should just outlaw all religion? Though I think doing that is also extremist.

Ive been in plenty of threads where people have suggested as much!

You CAN carry out terroristic acts without being a card carrying member of a terrorist organization, and STILL be a terrorist.

======* The more you know!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So did Brendan Dassey.

So what group do we get to condemn because of him?

I say at this point since the left is very keen on picking and choosing whom we can and can't be wary of, that we condemn leftists and take care of that problem first and foremost.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Well there you go. People with low IQ's are bad.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

UPDATE: Sources say the suspect confessed to shooting the officer "In The Name Of Islam"

What religion dude says he has is ireleveant.

There is a difference. Muslims commit crime all the time, but it isn't because of Islam, same as Christians. It's when they start saying I did this for Mohammad or in the name of Islam that their religion becomes a motivation.

But if the cops says I shot back for chrissakes, thats overlooked?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Don't you already do that anyway?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

What a person 'says' is a motivation and is important in a court of law.

Until it does come out in a court of law its here-say, especially in the court of public opinion. You belittle the process of investigation and justice by regurgitating what is accepted as the truth, let alone advancing it as truth, from a main stream media perspective.

The relatives could care less what prompted said asshole to shoot their son or husband.

Unless they also see terrorists behind every bush.

Uh, the Phila. police said he confessed, it wasn't a main stream media perspective.

"POLICE: SUSPECT CONFESSED TO PHILADELPHIA POLICE OFFICER SHOOTING 'IN NAME OF ISLAM'"
6abc.com...

The cops said it? Well then it has to be true. lull

Ok, so I countered your claim that it came from the media. Now you're moving the goalposts because the police themselves say he said it to the police. Dude, you're f@&$ing ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Don't you already do that anyway?

Oh, I thought you were snarking about "condemn" as in "remove from society" or "deport."

If you mean just disagree with, then yeah, I usually do.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The Muslim terrorist's mother describes him as a devout Muslim and reported he has been hearing voices in his head.

You know who else heard crazy voices in his head?

MUHAMMED.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Yes it is. You called them "groups". Sects more like. You want to lump all different "denominations" of Christianity together, too.

From White Supremacists to Protestants to Snake charmers, all the same? After all they all read the same Bible, profess belief in Jesus and the cross?

Can't paint killers professing Islam with Islam. True Islam doesn't condone murder. The Deceivers try to lump all sects into one faith.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join