It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Police Officer Shot In Patrol Car "In The Name Of Islam"- Sources

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So it was the crazy voices and not Islam?

edit on 1/8/2016 by Deaf Alien because: Grrr big thimb

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UnBreakable

What a person 'says' is a motivation and is important in a court of law.

Until it does come out in a court of law its here-say, especially in the court of public opinion. You belittle the process of investigation and justice by regurgitating what is accepted as the truth, let alone advancing it as truth, from a main stream media perspective.

The relatives could care less what prompted said asshole to shoot their son or husband.

Unless they also see terrorists behind every bush.

Uh, the Phila. police said he confessed, it wasn't a main stream media perspective.

"POLICE: SUSPECT CONFESSED TO PHILADELPHIA POLICE OFFICER SHOOTING 'IN NAME OF ISLAM'"
6abc.com...

The cops said it? Well then it has to be true. lull

Ok, so I countered your claim that it came from the media. Now you're moving the goalposts because the police themselves say he said it to the police. Dude, you're f@&$ing ridiculous.

The claims are yours, not mine. You moved from the media to the police. Unlike you, I hardly believe anything mass media, police or government says. Even less those that spread their dogma for them.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Funny how the leftist mayor won't allow this real Muslim to self-identify as a Muslim.

Leftists insist that transgender men be allowed to legally self-identify as women but deny this same right to religious folk?

If this shooter had been transgender and the reporting officers used the wrong pronoun the mayor probably would insist they be fired as bigots.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Not mutually exclusive.

Both Islam and possible mental illness appear to factor in to this act of Islamic terrorism.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes it is. You called them "groups". Sects more like. You want to lump all different "denominations" of Christianity together, too.

It is the usual strategy whenever someone does something heinous. No one gets down to brass tacks about it. They simply call them Christians or Muslims.

From White Supremacists to Protestants to Snake charmers, all the same? After all they all read the same Bible, profess belief in Jesus and the cross?

First big mistake, white supremacy is not a religious belief of any kind. There is however a so-called religious denomination that uses white supremacy called Christian Identity. There might be more. I only really know a bit about the first because I had a black facebook contact who kept coming with the most outlandish stuff and attributing it to Christians at large, so I did some research. They're a bit like the KKK's church.

Can't paint killers professing Islam with Islam. True Islam doesn't condone murder. The Deceivers try to lump all sects into one faith.

Except the killer did what he did in the name of Islam. So for him, he did it because of his faith, same as the group who bombed those clinics. If we all worship Jesus who died on the cross, then they all follow Mohammad and make the same five prayers to Mecca everyday.

It's not that people can't or won't kill in the name of any religion, the question is how likely the followers of a faith are to do so and what it may or may not be about a faith and how it's taught that inspires such behavior.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Attempted murder is the crime, not what he spoke while he was doing it.

I can see conditioning is having its desired effect. Judging by the stars you got lots of people are suckered into religion first over the actual crime.

Good job propaganda department. Y'all remind one of anti Jewish rhetoric leading up War by Nazi Germany. They were fooling people then, too. Using scape goat tactics to justify waging aggressive war against innocent nations.

Land of the duped.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

But jews weren't killing people leading up to WWII.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

First big mistake, white supremacy is not a religious belief of any kind.

Bull s***. Read up, they have churches and interpret the bible to their own racist ends.

Simple search results

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I guess we should just outlaw grouping, identifying with anything or believing anything then? I guess Shinto rules out all Eastern Philosophy too.
Hyperbole, thy name is Kali.

You know very well that's not remotely what I implied.

Yes it is. You called them "groups". Sects more like. You want to lump all different "denominations" of Christianity together, too.

From White Supremacists to Protestants to Snake charmers, all the same? After all they all read the same Bible, profess belief in Jesus and the cross?

Can't paint killers professing Islam with Islam. True Islam doesn't condone murder. The Deceivers try to lump all sects into one faith.

(Emphasis mine)

You said it yourself, although it may be different "Denominations", they all fall under the Christianity umbrella. Just a racist neo-cons and radfems fall under their respective umbrellas as well. ISIS may be a different interpretation of Islam, but it still falls under the umbrella of "Islam". Simple stuff, really.

And who's to say killing isn't true Islam? You? Are you Islamic? ISIS interprets their holy text one way, wheras more moderate Muslims interpret their text in a more peaceful way. I'm not lumping ISIS or any other Islamic Extremists in with MODERATE muslims, but they are still Muslim. Professing otherwise is misleading.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Actually letsuko is correct.
edit on 1/8/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

link   

It's called Christian Identity. Did you read? It is a group, but white supremacy itself is not a religious belief.

link   

a reply to: ketsuko

First big mistake, white supremacy is not a religious belief of any kind.

Bull s***. Read up, they have churches and interpret the bible to their own racist ends.

Simple search results

Have to say I agree with Intrptr on this one. White Supremacy does have Religious Underpinning.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Funny how the leftist mayor won't allow this real Muslim to self-identify as a Muslim.

Leftists insist that transgender men be allowed to legally self-identify as women but deny this same right to religious folk?

If this shooter had been transgender and the reporting officers used the wrong pronoun the mayor probably would insist they be fired as bigots.

This mayor is going to turn this once great city into Detroit east. He campaigned on turning Philly back into a sanctuary city.

"Jim Kenney Rescinds Policy, Philly a 'Sanctuary City' Again"

"Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney on his first day in office rescinded a policy set up by his predecessor in order to restore the city's status as a so-called "sanctuary city" for illegal immigrants".
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I can see conditioning is having its desired effect. Judging by the stars you got lots of people are suckered into religion first over the actual crime.

Good job propaganda department. Y'all remind one of anti Jewish rhetoric leading up War by Nazi Germany. They were fooling people then, too. Using scape goat tactics to justify waging aggressive war against innocent nations.

Land of the duped.

You're right.

Usually what someone says before a murder or leading up to a murder is called

MOTIVE

nice obfuscation though

Love love
Aliensupernova
edit on 8-1-2016 by AlienSupernova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You said it yourself, although it may be different "Denominations", they all fall under the Christianity umbrella.

So then blame all denominations for what one of them does.

Really? You outdid yourself. Convenient though, from a general anti Muslim fervor.

The ISIS Crisis belongs here? Convenient too, that all Middle Eastern Nations are predominantly 'Islamic States'. Another lumpy disinformation quagmire.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You said it yourself, although it may be different "Denominations", they all fall under the Christianity umbrella.

So then blame all denominations for what one of them does.

Really? You outdid yourself. Convenient though, from a general anti Muslim fervor.

The ISIS Crisis belongs here? Convenient too, that all Middle Eastern Nations are predominantly 'Islamic States'. Another lumpy disinformation quagmire.
I never implied or suggested to "blame all denominations for what one of them does". I think mormons and their magic underpants are pretty much the dumbest interpretation of Christianity around, but I don't label ALL Christians as stupid. A great many of them (the majority, really) are nice, respectful, generally intelligent people.

I hold the same views on Islam. A huge majority of them are kind, insightful people who only wish to live out their lives in peace. But I won't delude myself into thinking that because ISIS is violent and murderous that they're somehow absolved of being Islamic just because I don't like the way they interpret the Quran.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienSupernova

Land of the duped.

You're right.

MOTIVE

nice obfuscation though

Love love
AlienSupernova

Hi AlienSuperNova, welcome to ATS.

My point though is more lets let it come out in court of law and not just media frenzy and police statements. Like I said earlier the one is actual court verdict and the other rumor mill. The obfuscation is all the here-say and innuendo.

Remember the New Years Eve foiled terror plot? They guy was entrapped by the FBI. Thats one reason why I don't believe the media, police or government.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienSupernova

Land of the duped.

You're right.

MOTIVE

nice obfuscation though

Love love
AlienSupernova

Hi AlienSuperNova, welcome to ATS.

My point though is more lets let it come out in court of law and not just media frenzy and police statements. Like I said earlier the one is actual court verdict and the other rumor mill. The obfuscation is all the here-say and innuendo.

Remember the New Years Eve foiled terror plot? They guy was entrapped by the FBI. Thats one reason why I don't believe the media, police or government.

I... what?

"Let's let it all come out in a court of law!"
"I don't trust police or government!"

....You literally said both of those things in the same breath.

.....What?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But jews weren't killing people leading up to WWII.

"Killing people?" Compared to what, US wars in the Middle East? A Little more western bias please. Placed there directly by the propaganda about the evils of Islam and the benevolence of the west.

You missed the point. Jews were the scapegoat used to justify Hitlers rise to power and initial conquest. Begun small, it developed its own weight the longer it got carried on. He rode every sentiment to power including the Communists. and I got a news flash for you, he hated everybody, including himself.

I used the example to draw the parallel between then and now. The war on (Islamic)Terror was begun the same way.What better appeal than religious hatred? Religion is at most everyones earliest educational core.
edit on 8-1-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm being trapped into a discussion with five people gang banging me for stars they give each other (snicker).

Good luck with your Orwellian Distopia.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join