It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something wrong with the moon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Snowflake =

At least that's funny.
And I didn't ask for an apology.
edit on Ram11316v33201600000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

` it looks wrong to me , and i dont understand why ... so it must be wrong `

That is literally the entire premise of the entire moon hoax conspiracy.
I don't understand how cameras work HOAX
I don't understand how shadows work HOAX
I don't understand how gravity works HOAX
I don't understand anything HOAX

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

Too true... ignorance breeds suspicion... how novel.

But hey, some 'thing' might be weird (or more correctly, "wrong") with the Moon... it certainly is weird (wrong) here on Earth.

edit on 1/13/2016 by Baddogma because: weird to wrong x 2

edit on 1/13/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
"But aside from the lunar anomalies occasionally seen, the mascons, etc., I'll go for the Gurdjieff or Leonard takes for some entertaining thought food, and the key word in my first post was "may." "

Got it key word "may" and thanks for the tip, Gurdjieff is new to me and yes I forgot about George Leonard and Maurice Chatelain and I bet there are loads more only if we just try to look into the materials out there that there could be a lot of stranger things or more correctly, something "wrong" about the moon.

Key word "could be."

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
With thousands of amateur astronomers observing and photographing the Moon every night, we would certainly hear from them the moment there were anything wrong with the Moon.

By the way, since a long time I've known about a thing called Transient Lunar Phenomenon, but haven't seen any (genuine) reports. Does such a thing really exist, and has anyone documented any in the recent years?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace
A quick Google search for "amateur videos of moon anomalies" alone will give us about 34,200 results (in 0.39 seconds) and that's only for the video category. For "moon anomalies 2015" about 582,000 results (0.38 seconds), for "moon anomalies" about 1,050,000 results (0.27 seconds). Regarding "transient lunar phenomena" about 229,000 results (0.34 seconds).

Pardon me, I don't want to sound like a smartass but where do you want to start?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
With thousands of amateur astronomers observing and photographing the Moon every night, we would certainly hear from them the moment there were anything wrong with the Moon.

By the way, since a long time I've known about a thing called Transient Lunar Phenomenon, but haven't seen any (genuine) reports. Does such a thing really exist, and has anyone documented any in the recent years?

It's been awhile since I looked into TLP's, but they have been reported by astronomers since way back when. In the early 1900's and beyond have been some pretty good reports back before everything was officially hushed up as much as today.
It used to be policy of transparency and curiosity, but now the policy is secrecy and denial, plus ridicule. Saying that NASA hides information gets frowned upon and ridiculed with demands for proof, even though just reading history about the moon in the early days suggest much more is going on there. Today the easy way to guarantee things stay hidden is to know beforehand that you will be destroyed career wise if you delve too far into these things publicly.

Researching the top 10 debunkers of things of this nature reveals a pattern in the types of people who take up debunking in more than just a casual approach, and shows that there is more to it than just a bunch of people saying what is on their minds about it. It is much more an organized effort to keep people unaware and disinterested in things like lunar anomalies and UFO's, etc. NASA provides a super service in giving the public a lot of cool things in our lives, but is it everything they know? Hardly, and the patterns in obscuring things goes way back.

I have been researching things like this for 45 years, and I see much effort at misinformation regarding the moon and other related things like alien life and such, and the patterns are easy to see, at least for me, but just studying these things for so long constantly improves what a person can understand and see when it comes to someone hiding something. Hiding things takes effort and brains, but the problem with that is dishonesty always leaves markers and patterns in human behavior that a practiced eye can see pretty easily.

Just a nickels worth of my 10 cents on the subject.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

There's a lot of different supposed evidence out there. Could you please specify which evidence you are specifically referring to?

If you make me guess, then I suppose I could guess that you are talking about the "why no stars" or the "shadows aren't parallel" arguments, and if you are then those have been thoroughly debunked a long time ago. If you are talking about other evidence, then tell me so I don't have to guess.

I was talking about the NASA lunar images with obvious obfuscation using an editing tool to clone areas and then paste in a replacement segment to hide what was there. Some of those are pretty famous and have not been debunked.
As far as the moon landings being hoaxed, I don't believe that at all and never have. We landed on the moon multiple times. All those shadow issues were because of the camera lens and non-intentional fish eye effects that pulled the image or stretched things into the center giving the shadows the appearance of not lining up correctly, but they were legitimate and not any NASA fakery.
edit on 14-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

this should have ended with the demonstration of how focal length and what what can effect a photo.

obviously our moon shrinks and grows depending on Nibaru(totally kidding)

but all i hear when i see your cartman avatar

"we got a problem brah?"

bear mace

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Maybe you mean the discussion should've moved on after it was pointed out that it was only a matter of lens perspective and talk about the broader perspective?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Like google hits to give something validity?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Is something wrong with the moon?

Just on a quick sidenote, my personal view is that for Earth to have a 'natural' satellite like our moon just seems out of the norm... at least, in this solar system.

Mars has, of course, Phobos and Deimos but they are basically asteroids.
Our moon is roughly the size of Jupiter's Io and larger than Europa. Not only that, but its rotation/orbit keeps the same part of it, basically, facing our world.

Back in the days when ATS was largely populated with debates on ET, it was common to see threads talking about our moon being a base that was purposely placed so as to keep an eye... on us. From there, it graduated to being home of the 'Watchers'. The blending wasn't bad.

The one commonality was that for Earth to have a natural satellite that large and in that orbit, should be more than enough to turn a few heads. So, if someday we do discover that NASA has been playing with vids and photos... speaking just for myself, I would not be surprised.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
You have a point there, but even Google will give results to "alternative search engines" about 30,100,000 in 0.27 seconds. I forgot that the former DARPA director Regina E. Dugan was now an executive at Google, thanks for reminding us.

We have to sift through a lot of garbage to find unpolished gems or rare metals so to speak, Google could still be our friend that's keeping tabs on us.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

dont get me wrong i think there is allot going on that NASA and other cloak and dagger types are up to on the moon that we will never hear about.

im pretty sure they thought the Apollo 11 crew had a high chance of dying for one reason or another so they filmed the landing and moon stuff or the footage was so bad or un doable with the tech they had then that they wanted to make there propaganda picture perfect

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Not at all, let's just move on to the juicer stuffs. For example, remember this will require a bit of fact checking, the last public interview that Wernher von Braun gave according to Joseph Farrell, von Braun mentioned a different distance between the earth and the moon, by more than twenty thousand miles or kilometers. Was it an honest mistake from a preeminent expert or a slip? After the interview von Braun resigned from NASA to work at Fairchild Industries.

What does this mean if it was a slip and not an honest mistake? That not only the moon is farther away than what the textbooks say, it is also much larger than it actually is... yeah, this could be a stretch of the imagination but juicy nevertheless. I searched for Wernher von Braun's complete last interview, so far nothing from our friend Google, tried ixquick and I'm still searching.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: wildespace
Pardon me, I don't want to sound like a smartass but where do you want to start?

Somewhere that doesn't mention UFOs, pyramids, secret bases or alien structures.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
Not only that, but its rotation/orbit keeps the same part of it, basically, facing our world.

Ever heard of tidal locking? All major moons in the Solar System are tidally locked to their planets.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
von Braun mentioned a different distance between the earth and the moon, by more than twenty thousand miles or kilometers.

Why not measure it yourself?

www.universetoday.com...

Also

The actual distance varies over the course of the orbit of the moon, from 363,104 km (225,622 mi) at the perigee and 405,696 km (252,088 mi) at apogee, resulting in a differential range of 42,592 km (26,465 mi).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
a reply to: Helious

Different lenses, here you go...

Two different moonrise photos:

Both were taken from Earth.
Is this proof that we have two different moons....
or the moon grows and shrinks?

Awesome pics! The first one appears that the moon is smiling. Thanks for your post. I feel it explained very well the different perspectives.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join