It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you for understanding my perspective, Buzzy. But as for the rest, lets just agree we're not at all on the same page and leave it at that. You already know my opinions and I know yours. Further repetition would only be a waste of both of our time.

Have a good one.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I don't get the Israel thing either.

Until we get religion (including America's Christians) out of politics we will not evolve.

Until politics becomes about logic, economics, social welfare, and other practical realities we will continue to be stupid world wide.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I would hope that you will open up your mind. If you do, you WILL get the Israel thing, Annee. This is America's most important world ally and friend. The only democratic nation in the entire M.E. region. All they want is to be allowed to exit without fear and to live their lives in peace.
edit on 5-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

I would hope that you will open up your mind. If you do, you WILL get the Israel thing, Anne. This is America's most important world ally and friend. The only democratic nation in the entire M.E. region. All they want is to be allowed to exit without fear and to live their lives in peace.

I fear earthquakes more then I fear ISIS in America.

And No, I will never get the Israel thing.

Political forces that had no business in the ME drew up territorial divisions with no consideration for ethnic or tribal divisions.

They created wars that never should have been.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

This is America's most important world ally and friend. The only democratic nation in the entire M.E. region. All they want is to be allowed to exit without fear and to live their lives in peace.

Bullsnip. WHAT do they do for us? Except make trouble?
The M.E. does not want democracy!! And if they do, they will implement it themselves. We Can't Make Them!!!

"All they want is to be allowed to exist?" They do exist, so - mission accomplished.
Who are they afraid of? The neighbors they keep pissing off?

If they don't like their neighbors, then they should shove off. Live in the ghetto, expect to have trouble everywhere. It's common sense. One simply does not build a personal paradise in the middle of an alligator swamp. I don't feel sorry for them.

ETA: I was responding here to your response to Annee, pleading with her to 'open her mind.'
Her mind is plenty open. So is mine. Israel's existence is troublesome, for them and for us, too.
Religion is a plague on humanity.

So, fine. We'll not discuss it again, but don't expect me to stop saying it whenever it comes up on ATS (which it does, with regularity).

edit on 4/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

How about we call it a day, Buzzy. I respect your posts. All I ask is that you respect mine.

Have a good one.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Fine by me! Check out General Chit Chat if you want a little off-color humor. Just started a thread there.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You don't get it but that is o.k. Hope one day you'll wake up. Stay safe from the earthquakes and from Isis too while you're at it!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

O.K., Buzzy. But for me, Israel's safety in a dangerous part of the world is no subject for humor , off color or otherwise. Hope to hear from you again soon and hopefully we'll be able to agree once again.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

O for heaven's sake. The thing in Chit Chat has nothing - not ONE TINY THING to do with Israel. It's about canines.
Get over yourself, ken. Not much you can do, so why wring your hands?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I LOVE CANINES! Thanks Buzzy, I'll definitely read it!

But with regard to Israel, someone has to do something, and a lot more than hand wringing is necessary. All the best to you, Buz!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You don't get it but that is o.k. Hope one day you'll wake up. Stay safe from the earthquakes and from Isis too while you're at it!

You're wrong.

I get exactly what you are saying.

I don't agree with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The M.E. does not want democracy!! And if they do, they will implement it themselves. We Can't Make Them!!!

I'm sure this will offend someone
, but the ME reminds me of the Native Americans.

They are very tribal, varying cultural beliefs, and can not be lumped into one.

"People" tried to lump all Native Americans into one culture - - - and its so wrong. They vary greatly.

If the Native Americans had joined together and fought as a single unit - - this would probably still be their land. But, they didn't. They used the white man, as the white man used them to battle their rivals and get an upper hand.

While, I'm sure, many (not all) of those around the world who are gaining higher learning - - are less interested in the tribal cultures - - and more interested in modern democracy - - - - that cultural/tribal thing is probably the hardest thing in the world to change or diminish.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm not at all happy about the plight suffered by the our native Americans! It was a black eye in our nation's history for certain. But that doesn't change the fact that Israel has a right to exist as a free, independent and democratic country in a turbulent hostile environment, with the right to it's own cultural heritage.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

But that doesn't change the fact that Israel has a right to exist as a free, independent and democratic country in a turbulent hostile environment, with the right to it's own cultural heritage.

Why there?

Why not somewhere else?

Who drew up the dividing lines?

Why did they put Israel where they did?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Johnny, WAKE UP!

I no longer wish to argue with you and trying to inform you is not possible because you don't want to listen.

Good luck.

Funny thing...I consider myself quite awake, and rather well informed. I don't quite get your insistence on me not responding to your worldview. This is an open forum and as long as you post your narrow opinions...as long as you are trying to talk others into it, I am fully entitled to call shenanigans. If it's an echo chamber you are seeking, try another website. Nothing says you have to respond to my rebuttals, and neither am I compelled to STFU.
Frankly, I would think that the recent emergence of the Panama Papers would give you pause, as to who is pulling the global (and your) strings.
But Happy Trails, eh?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

We're done, Johnny! So long and good luck. Just remember that my right to not reply to you again is just as much an expression of my freedom as is your right to continue posting if you wish is an expression of your freedom. Nothing personal intended, and I really do wish you all the best! It really is time for both of us to move on!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

We're done, Johnny! So long and good luck. Just remember that my right to not reply to you again is just as much an expression of my freedom as is your right to continue posting if you wish is an expression of your freedom. Nothing personal intended, and I really do wish you all the best! It really is time for both of us to move on!

You seem to be a lone wolf on this.

Not sure who you're gonna talk to now, since we're all "done".

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

One lone wolf who is right "is a majority of one", Anne. (On Walden Pond) I can't change your mind and you can't change mine!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

One lone wolf who is right "is a majority of one", Anne. (On Walden Pond) I can't change your mind and you can't change mine!

Why do you believe you are "right"?

You keep trying to run participants off by claiming that you are "right", and we are all closed-minded, willfully ignorant idiots who don't have a clue about WW2. That war ended SEVENTY YEARS AGO.

If "Israel" is still having trouble living on its own, then "Israel" is a slacker, like a kid living in your basement. Time to cut the apron strings. I have NO PROBLEM with Jewish people, I just don't think that bit of land is worth perpetual war.

So - you've told everyone in this thread that "it's time to move on", and that they are wrong.
Have fun all alone here in your confirmation-biased thread. With no one to talk to.
Except those who agree with you.

Echo chambers are always really reinforcing.
Good luck!!!

edit on 4/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join