It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Less planes and bombers, less warships, less submarines, eroding manpower due to substandard equipment, less mobility, deteriorating nuclear triad due to laxity in maintenance, and, worst of all, a President with neither the will, courage, or backbone to develop a cohesive strategy to fight the "radical Islamic terrorists" or even to call Isis that!

Meanwhile China, Iran, Russia, and North Korea grow ever stronger!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

We are now vulnerable.

Yep, we are.
But nevertheless, we are the ones invading at the moment, which is only poking the hornets' nest. I just think all war is despicable -

and there is no question that "our" (Western) imposition on that region's resources, culture, and populace has helped create the blowback called ISIS. Israel, too - relative to Palestine. "The West" is by no means innocent in all of this.

Anyway - time for me to go to bed.

Good night, all.

edit on 4/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nice to hear from you again as always, Buzzywigs.

But It does seem to me that we are the ones being invaded by an ever bolder and stronger Isis who seem able to strike at will in Europe, the M.E., and even right here in the U.S. evidenced by the San Bernadino attacks.

And Israel is merely trying to defend it's homeland from P.L.O. sponsored terrorism and from Iranian supported Hamas both of which execute daily attacks right in the streets of Tel Aviv and all along Israel's southern borders.

Fact of the matter is that it is going to take a whole lot more than mere poking to disrupt those hornet's nests!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

Less planes and bombers, less warships, less submarines, eroding manpower due to substandard equipment, less mobility, deteriorating nuclear triad due to laxity in maintenance, and, worst of all, a President with neither the will, courage, or backbone to develop a cohesive strategy to fight the "radical Islamic terrorists" or even to call Isis that!

Meanwhile China, Iran, Russia, and North Korea grow ever stronger!

You do know that the cost of Bush's war was not listed as part of his presidential expenses, but the cost of recovery from that astronomical expense has been blamed on the Obama administration.

Where do you suggest we get the money to recover from Bush's war - - - that he financially walked freely away from?

And I don't do "Once Was" - - - I don't do "America Was". There is only one direction to move, and that is forward.

Where do we go from here? How to we make things work from where we are now?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

We are now vulnerable.

Yep, we are.
But nevertheless, we are the ones invading at the moment, which is only poking the hornets' nest. I just think all war is despicable -

and there is no question that "our" (Western) imposition on that region's resources, culture, and populace has helped create the blowback called ISIS. Israel, too - relative to Palestine. "The West" is by no means innocent in all of this.

Anyway - time for me to go to bed.

Good night, all.

Thank you for keeping it real.

Flag waving just manufactures wind.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Never been into flag waving, Annee. I marched against the Vietnam conflict and I was grief stricken when Bobby Kennedy was killed after campaigning for President on his promise to end that tragic war.

But this war is a totally different thing. Isis is a threat to all decent people everywhere and they simply MUST be stopped! All I want is to go in with a pre- planned exit strategy, win the war ASAP and then bring the troops quickly back home. The very last thing I want is a long drawn out endless M.E. engagement.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Isis is a threat to all decent people everywhere and they simply MUST be stopped! All I want is to go in with a pre- planned exit strategy, win the war ASAP and then bring the troops quickly back home. The very last thing I want is a long drawn out endless M.E. engagement.

ISIS is a world problem. So are all the independent "militant" groups around the world fighting for . . . not sure they even know.

Win? What exactly are you winning?

We could always do another Hiroshima.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

You don't remember being attacked on 9/11? The real heroes, did not run to another country, like Bush, thay ran toward the devastation and saved lives and pulled bodies.

You don't want to close our borders til ISIS is under control. You and your kind want to continue using our military to blaze a trail to conduct business as usual. When the ME stops collecting money, their wars will end.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The war against terrorism is not just the M.E.'s problem or about collecting money. It is a war all of us who are decent and civilized must fight. It is a war Isis is waging against all of Western Civilization. Ultimately it is a war for the survival of our way of life.

It is because we don't want another 9/11 and because we don't want to lose our freedom that we have no choice but to win this battle and utterly destroy these savage barbarians!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I can't believe you guys are afraid of a bunch of murderers that don't even have a country.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Isis stated a war against all of humanity. This is not about dropping an atomic bomb on the M.E. or carpet bombing an entire region out of existence as Ted Cruz proposes. It is about a war against terrorists who want to kill us.

Nor is it about "winning". It is about the survival of our culture, freedom, and the preservation of our lives!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Stand on your own ground and fight. You are right, we have something worth fighting for. Close the borders, stop the business of moving money, and wait for ISIS to die of starvation. It is a war tactic used before successfully. Pansies like you don't like real war with real personal sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Last time,MomOf3:

Either we eradicate the terrorists where they are or we wait until they come here and risk another 9/11 sooner or later. But one way or the other, Isis must be defeated and they are not going to die of starvation or just disappear. The ostrich theory doesn't work but facing reality does.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Last time,MomOf3:

Either we eradicate the terrorists where they are or we wait until they come here and risk another 9/11 sooner or later. But one way or the other, Isis must be defeated and they are not going to die of starvation or just disappear. The ostrich theory doesn't work but facing reality does.

I guess you never played Whack-A-Mole as a kid. You are doing great service to those who profit from these conflicts but nothing to eradicate them.

You also seem pretty determined to sacrifice other people's children, though. Something out of balance, here. Curious.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Johnny, WAKE UP!

I no longer wish to argue with you and trying to inform you is not possible because you don't want to listen.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

We must become stronger militarily to be able to compete economically and without fear with our major adversaries including Russia and China, and very soon, Iran and North Korea as well. The best way to make sure America is never again forced into a major war is to make sure America's enemies will never dare to start that war!
edit on 5-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: removed a word to avoid redundency

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

We must become stronger militarily to be able to compete economically and without fear with our major adversaries including Russia and China, and very soon, Iran and North Korea as well. The best way to make sure America is never again forced into a major war again is to make sure America's enemies will never dare to start that war!

As said, I don't live in a "once was".

The world of politics has evolved into a global cooperation of power elites. It's a war of economics and trade.

Terrorism is not an army of mass, but of individuals. I doubt ISIS can continue to support a large group as leaders are targeted, supplies, and funding cut off.

Locating cells is fought with intelligence not a physical army.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

We must become stronger militarily to be able to compete economically and without fear with our major adversaries including Russia and China, and very soon, Iran and North Korea as well. The best way to make sure America is never again forced into a major war again is to make sure America's enemies will never dare to start that war!

When was the last time America was forced into a major war? Are you talking about the turkey shoot in Iraq, where thousands of innocents were murdered by the American regime?
And now you say you want to make sure America's enemies will never dare to start that war. Perhaps you should wind that brass neck in and apologise for the damage you have already done.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

How about the damage you are doing with your ignorance and refusal to face the reality of the world you live in.

My head and neck are just fine the way they are as I can look around and see what is there to be seen.

Have a good day!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I understand your perspective, but I disagree with your opinion.

For one thing, I don't care about Israel, and I don't find them blameless in the never-ending strife with their neighbors who plain ol' don't like them. The "Homeland" of religion means absolutely NOTHING to me....and living surrounded by people who have reasons to hate you is, well, stupid. I know I'm "unAmerican" to say that, but Israel needs to put on their big-boy pants and manage on their own. Why do we have to keep subsidizing them? What the hell are they doing for us? (Nothing. Unless you call having bombs and missiles aimed at their neighbors "helping us.")

I am familiar with the story of the Jewish diaspora, and can understand why they'd want their own place, but so do the Native Americans who were exterminated and displaced, and no one has bothered to "give them" a country to call their own.
And if they did, but put it in the middle of a region filled with their mortal enemies - a centuries-old hostility - well, it's the Hatfields and the McCoys. I think it's idiotic to put them there and then give them money and bombs. I think the Arabs have a right to be pissed off, and while I think Hamas is sickening, especially the way they indoctrinate their kids to hate Israel, well - it doesn't surprise me.

Bibi N. is an ass, in my opinion. If the money sent to Israel were spent on our own problems instead, we'd be better off.
We need to stop expecting the Middle East to calm down, and to stop 'needing' their oil. I just quit smoking cigarettes - and it's a lame analogy, but we need to quit dependence on "foreign oil." Painful? Difficult? Yes. Still needs to be done? YES.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join