It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump calls Ted Cruz’s birth in Canada a ‘problem’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I take it Trump is worried about Teddy's lead in Iowa? I mean it wasn't too long ago that Trump told us all he had attorney's 'check it out' and Cruz came up 'fine' for eligbility to be president. Now it's a change of tune? It's a problem? How convenient:

WASHINGTON
Republican front-runner Donald Trump is doubling down on his assertion that Sen. Ted Cruz’s Canadian birthplace could be a problem for Republicans.

In a pair of interviews on Wednesday, Trump expanded on remarks to the Washington Post that the fact that Cruz was born in Canada could be “very precarious” for Republicans if his citizenship were challenged.

“I want to beat him on his own merit. I don’t want to have a thing like this happen,” Trump told “Fox & Friends,” adding, “I will say, though, that the Democrats, if they bring a lawsuit on it, I mean, you have to get it solved.”

edition.cnn.com...
www.mcclatchydc.com...

The most interesting tidbit from Trump... he wants 'to beat Cruz on his own merit'. Then beat him on his own merit. Address the real issues. But Trump seems incapable of this and so are his supporters and fans, many of whom were Obama birthers before.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Haven't the leftys been saying the same thing?

Guess you guys and Trump have more in common than you want to admit!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How many shekels is it gonna take for Cruz to get the nomination?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Trump's hair is a much bigger problem. I don't want to look at that for 4 years! Especially as I avoid it now.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Which lefty's have been saying the same thing? I'm yet to come across one 'liberal' who thinks Ted's birthplace is relevant.

Which lefties? Do you have a democratic or liberal candidates, politicians making this an issue? Or did you pull that out of thin air?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Which lefty's have been saying the same thing? I'm yet to come across one 'liberal' who thinks Ted's birthplace is relevant.

Which lefties? Do you have a democratic or liberal candidates, politicians making this an issue? Or did you pull that out of thin air?

Before Cruz ever became relevant in a presidential race, I remember many on the left comparing him to how many claimed Obama wasn't a qualified citizen for president!

Don't play dumb!

Ted Cruz was born in Canada - is he eligble for the Presidency?

That's just one thread I found by using the ATS search function!
edit on 6-1-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Have Cruz simply show his Hawaiian birth certificate, and end the matter!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Before Cruz ever became relevant in a presidential race, I remember many on the left comparing him to how many claimed Obama wasn't a qualified citizen for president!

People were making the point that many of Ted's supporters, and many on the right, who were Obama birthers, never made issue about Ted's birthplace when he announced a run for president. There wasn't an issue made about Ted's birthplace, there was an issue made about the double standards of his supporters. Clearly you're incapable of understanding that, and clearly you take issue with people rightfully pointing out the hypocrisy on the right.

Trump is a hypocrite, and so are many of his supporters. The fact you're trying to derail this and make this about 'lefties' is very telling about where you stand.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Have Cruz simply show his Hawaiian birth certificate, and end the matter!

Ah yes of course. Because Obama presented two fake Hawaiian birth certificates right? It was a government conspiracy? This is what you believe? So Ted should do the same right?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Dammit, Donald! Shut up!

Cruz is a CSIS-controlled plant in a Canadian-hatched plot for 'regime change' in the USA... Now Don comes along and tries to screw the whole thing up /sigh

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

People were making the point that many of Ted's supporters, and many on the right, who were Obama birthers, never made issue about Ted's birthplace when he announced a run for president. There wasn't an issue made about Ted's birthplace, there was an issue made about the double standards of his supporters. Clearly you're incapable of understanding that, and clearly you take issue with people rightfully pointing out the hypocrisy on the right.

Trump is a hypocrite, and so are many of his supporters. The fact you're trying to derail this and make this about 'lefties' is very telling about where you stand.

Every thing you accused me of doing is the same as your OP! I am merely showing you the hypocrisy. You should love Trump! He is saying what every one of you on the politically correct left have already speculated about on Cruz!

Why the hate?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You have yet to come across one Trump who has said Ted's birthplace is an issue, either. Manipulating the man's answers, to direct questions asked by media slime, makes you appear disingenuous. You wouldn't want that would you?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Every thing you accused me of doing is the same as your OP! I am merely showing you the hypocrisy

What's my hypocrisy? I'm interested to know. I don't take issue with Ted's eligibility. I do take issue with Trump's flip flopping positions and his incapability to come up with anything of substance.

What hypocrisy? All you've done is try and derail this thread to make it about 'lefties'.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Every thing you accused me of doing is the same as your OP! I am merely showing you the hypocrisy

What's my hypocrisy? I'm interested to know. I don't take issue with Ted's eligibility. I do take issue with Trump's flip flopping positions and his incapability to come up with anything of substance.

What hypocrisy? All you've done is try and derail this thread to make it about 'lefties'.

Ok, I am NOT derailing your OP as you claim I am. If Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton brought up Ted's citizenship I can guarantee you your OP would have had a whole different tone!

I get it! Trump scares the hell out of those who think they need safe spaces to protect themselves from hurtful words.....
edit on 6-1-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Those two stories are all panicy hyperventilated twisty-turny hyperbole.

Where does Trump indicate he is using this against Cruz?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Are you saying Trump supporters don't care about who is eligible to be president? They never cared? I've been here for a long time. I've participated in my fair share of birther threads about Obama. Many members who questioned Obama's eligibility are now cheering on Trump and Cruz.

I don't need to prove it to you. The evidence is right in front of you. Of course you probably don't care.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So this thread about Trump questioning Ted cruz's birthplace has now turned about Obama and those damn leftists again

😂

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

You have yet to come across one Trump who has said Ted's birthplace is an issue, either.

Except for Trump himself.

www.usatoday.com...

Try and keep up....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Jesus, look at what those nutty Birthers have started.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
THIS IS NOT THE MUDPIT.

Fair warning.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join