It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump calls Ted Cruz’s birth in Canada a ‘problem’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If we would just reestablish our Constitutional Republic, all of these type of questions would answer themselves.

This could be the first time I ever agree with OP, actually, yes it is.

That is, if I am understanding Southern Guardian's angle here....

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: DelMarvel

Trump never says he's using that against Cruz.

He's warning about Democrats using it, and States challenging Cruz.

So, are you joking or what?

He's not using this against Cruz because he's says he's not using this against Cruz? He's just all of a sudden flip-flopped for the umpteenth time and is now all over the news talking about Cruz being born in Canada and it's not because he's behind in Iowa?

It's because he's a good Republican and is warning the Democrats not to bring up what he's bringing up?

edit on 6-1-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Oh, it's a negative he's put out for Cruz to be sure, but it's not a direct attack.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, it's a negative he's put out for Cruz to be sure, but it's not a direct attack.

You've got to be kidding.

This guy is an incredible bald face liar and the ultimate backstabber even for a politician and that's saying a lot.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It doesn't have to be. American politics is about perception, not reality. Trump is fully aware of this. Brilliant in a slimy sort of way.

Cruz should retaliate by pointing out Trumps mob connections.

Then Trump can counter with Cruz being just plain old butt ugly.

edit on 6-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNoseas opposed to ?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Cruz should retaliate by pointing out Trumps mob connections.

Or Trump's ex-wife's allegations of rape in a court deposition, which she conveniently decided to rescind after the divorce settlement forbid her from speaking about the marriage without his consent.

If that topic is fair game to be used against Hillary for Bill's actions, why not for Trump?

A direct attack deserves to be met with a direct attack, correct?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Trump was asked the question and he answered it, he also said that he hopes its not a problem. Cruz will never be president, I personally like him but he will NEVER be president, Cruz will not do well after Iowa, Santorum and Huckabee won Iowa in the past, it means nothing. Have you seen Trumps numbers in S.C. ? WOW! Trumps consistent numbers in general ? WOW! but before leaving I do like Cruz, he would be a great vice president. Also, I hated Trump , abhorred the man, still hate his hair but I hate mine too, anyway, I am very PRO freedom of speech and I really like it that he exercises his, even though I don't agree with everything he says, I will vote Trump because what he is saying he has been saying for over 30 years, said it on Oprah in 1988. Trump is a good guy I believe. Reminds me of the loudmouth guy I hated for years but when we hung out by accident one on one we became best friends and he toned it down because I feel I had a positive influence. Trump definitely needs work. He should have said "refugees" instead of "muslims" and after the refugees attacked the young girls in Germany a few days ago I couldn't agree more. That also sucks for the innocent families. If Bernie doesn't beat Hillary then Im voting Trump. I also have issues with Bernie but the guy is a beast in a Birkenstock. I hope Bernie berns Hillary and wins. Unfortunately most people will vote for OJ if the media tells them to and guys like Bernie and Ron Paul never get the media turbo boost.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Have you seen Trump's numbers against Hillary in the poll averages?

If both Clinton and Trump win their respective nominations, we will have Hillary as president.

Last time I looked, even Fox News has Trump 11 points behind Clinton.
edit on 6-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Can you provide sources of liberal outlets or ATS threads talking about Cruz being ineligible? So far, I can't find any news outlets, especially lefty outlets, using this aginst Cruz. I did find a CNN article asking the question if he's eligible and CNN says yes then talks about how this all started, which is Trump. That said, I don't like Cruz so it would be awesome if he wasn't eligible.

I suppose the only time a lefty brings this up is because the righty attacked Obama for the same thing but the difference here is the lefties aren't trying to convince the world Cruz isn't eligible to be president, instead they are bringing up how hypocritical the rigthies are about their own stupid issues. As far as the left is concerned, Cruz can run, it's the Trump whose bringing it up again and that's because he's an idiot.

Not that the GOP has any problem looking like clowns but Trump has brought them to all new levels they've never dreamed of, and I don't think they like it.

edit on 6-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you serious? You really think Trump never said this? Have you even bothered to google this?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I will vote Trump because what he is saying he has been saying for over 30 years.

Why do people keep saying that? The guy has completely flip-flopped over and over. He used to espouse progressive, liberal policies not that long ago. He's flip-flopped on multiple issues just in this campaign. At one of the debates he said U.S. wages were too high; Bernie called him on it and he reversed himself via tweet--no explanation as usual. He used to be pro abortion not long ago and is getting a complete pass on that from the GOP. Amazing really. There is no telling what you'll get with this guy. He will say anything and isn't accountable to anyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Well hell, if consistency is that guys cup of tea than Sanders should be his man.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And getting back to the topic: Trump is trying to do to Cruz exactly what the birthers try to do to Obama----brand him as an untrustworthy foreigner. He's not only calling into question Cruz's citizenship, he has also suggested he's not a real evangelical Christian because he's Cuban. He largely got a pass on that because a lot of people don't like Cruz either but this a clear attack on Cruz's ethnicity----supposedly a fellow Republican and as a Hispanic vital to the future of the party.

I simply cannot fathom why the GOP is just bending over and taking all this. I'm still waiting for some kind of major swift boating.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Still on that rape trip huh? and where are your numbers on the Fox poll?

Last I saw was 37% Clinton, 32 Trump and 33% undecided.....that is nowhere near a closed door for either candidate.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

YOu sure about that?

Obama is discussing it more than Trump.

www.breitbart.com...

During the White House press briefing this afternoon, one reporter explained the fight between Cruz and Trump and asked if the president was enjoying the drama around Cruz’s citizenship.

“I don’t know if he does, but I sure do,” Earnest quipped as reporters chuckled in response.

Earnest then seemed willing to feed the narrative questioning Cruz’s citizenship.

“It would be quite ironic if after 7 or 8 years of drama around the president’s birth certificate if Republican primary voters were to choose Senator Cruz as their nominee,” he said. “Somebody who actually wasn’t born in the United States and only 15 months ago renounced his Canadian citizenship.”

What Trump sais was this...
www.washingtonpost.com... de_story.html

Donald Trump said in an interview that rival Ted Cruz’s Canadian birthplace was a “very precarious” issue that could make the senator from Texas vulnerable if he became the Republican presidential nominee.

“Republicans are going to have to ask themselves the question: ‘Do we want a candidate who could be tied up in court for two years?’ That’d be a big problem,” Trump said when asked about the topic. “It’d be a very precarious one for Republicans because he’d be running and the courts may take a long time to make a decision. You don’t want to be running and have that kind of thing over your head.”

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Come on!

The ONLY reason anyone is discussing this now is because Trump is suddenly talking about it every chance he gets and the media as usual is sucking up to every word he says.

You really think a reporter would have asked Earnest about this now or that Earnest would have commented on it if Trump hadn't first made it an issue?

And where is there a report of Obama mentioning this at all? Not in your post.

Trump is totally playing the Republicans. It would pretty funny if it wasn't so scary.
edit on 7-1-2016 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Haven't the leftys been saying the same thing?

Guess you guys and Trump have more in common than you want to admit!

Pretty much no one except people being ironic have been saying this.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yes, Trump is showing his passive-aggressive tendencies. He's says "well, he's Cuban", you know, Cubans this and Cubans that, not necessarily in a bad way, but to somehow drive home the point that Cruz is Cuban. ha. Also he says, he didn't start the mess about Cruz's "natural born citizen" junk, but "I just don't know. He needs to let a court decide it and be done with it".

So he's saying it while pretending he's not saying it. Oh, that Donald. He's so clever. And transparent.

As far as Cruz, I don't care if he was born in the Lincoln Room at the White House. He will never be able to fully represent the majority of the American public. He's in his box, with no desire to look outside it. Not sure he understands it won't just be Texas anymore he will need to represent, and that's a pretty tight little box.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Still on that rape trip huh?

It's fair game, is it not? If we can hold Hillary accountable for the things Bill has done, or allegedly done, we can hold Trump accountable for the things he has done....allegedly.

where are your numbers on the Fox poll?

RCP Average 12/16 - 12/23 -- -- 45.6 40.8 Clinton +4.8
Rasmussen Reports 12/22 - 12/23 1000 LV 3.0 37 36 Clinton +1
CNN/ORC 12/17 - 12/21 927 RV 3.0 49 47 Clinton +2
Quinnipiac 12/16 - 12/20 1140 RV 2.9 47 40 Clinton +7
FOX News 12/16 - 12/17 1013 RV 3.0 49 38 Clinton +11
PPP (D) 12/16 - 12/17 1267 RV 2.8 46 43 Clinton +3

www.realclearpolitics.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join