It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make art sometimes! A painting and a drawing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I didn't mean to make you angry I am sorry geez. It really does look like you are getting set up for a high contrast piece though. and it does look exactly like faber-castell water pencils. I wasn't being bossy I was just saying if that is what you were doing (because it is in sketch book) I would have went straight to ink after the sketch. I by no means meant to come off like that I really didn't and I think what you have going is really nice. I really like to see your work and others work here a lot Isorry.

Edit: I didn't know that F-C made the triangle form pencil in graphite, I have F-C pencils in only graphite that are solid graphite and round.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Are you still drawing in bed?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How did it turn out?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'm still in bed yes... and I'm still making art, of myself.

Have a looksee!

Btw I'm not mad. And I did add more to the drawing. I'll be sharing updates here and there. lol, enjoy the bed photo.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That's really awesome. I really like how you work with light and shadow, you've got talent keep it going.

edit on 0b18America/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2016 12:59:18 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2016 12:59:18 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nice pic, if that's you

Can't wait to see how your piece turns out.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Ty!

It's me, thank you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well your a very pretty lady with good taste in bed sheets with matching shorts =D I should take pix of the Rose of Sharon and the pink rose bush outside for you, they have just came into full bloom and are very pretty, same color as the ones on your shorts, like a dull red/ pink.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Did you ever try to work with a Wacom drawing pad or something like that? with CorelDRAW or photoshop ?

I would suggest buying something like that the possibilities are endless .

It really opened another world for me ...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I have a wacom drawing pad!

I had a giftcard for amazon and I put in some money and got a large one for a good price. I named it Galen and it's pretty darn amazing and I use it a lot for photo-manipulation stuff. I have also practice painted with it, in photoshop.

It's good stuff, I'm a fan of it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I wish to have one of these soon

27qhd

I have been saving for it for awhile my 20 inch got broke cause my dog knocked it off my bed when I was redoing my artspace. I love wacom products even though I don't always exude the type of enthusiasm for digital arts versus being able to physically create. I do like it though right now I am learning medibang and some other software, adobe is fun too.

Are you going to show me what you did with your drawing from the other day, I really want to know what you did with it?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I took pictures for you like I was saying, I figure at the least you must like these types of things.

and the rose of sharon I promised

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You have a talent! It's awesome!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I decided to transfer it over to the inside of a blank card, so this is what it looks like now. The flowers in bubbles are semi abstracted forgetmenots. I'm still working the design out. I used my own hands as a model and the face is based off of someone I know. I'll probably give it to the person afterwards just for fun even though I don't consider it a portrait because I didn't really try to achieve a real likeness. I feel like this has a mona lisa feel to it so far.

I'll post again once I've got some color in it.

That tablet you're interested in is professional! Do you work in the field? Like graphics and stuff?

The one I have is under 200 dollars, the intuos wacom tablet. I'm pretty much in love with it. Thanks for the flower pics, they're pretty.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think you are doing something really cool. I do not work in the field, I wasn't lying before though when I said I spent most of my late teen years into my mid 20s as a war fighter. I was not lying when I said as a child I sat on my grandmas lap and she painted and played the piano or violin.

I am very much like you are, I wish to be a part of this field as my means to live and survive. I make machines and repair machines in my real job, in the things I create I actually try hard to not imagine or draw machines or technology even though I build it every day. I look at your work and can only reflect upon my self, sorry if I appear bossy buy what you do is almost like a mirror for myself.

I like your work.

When I unleash my digital work ( I haven't even gave ats a clue in these regards) you will understand why the 27QHD was something I needed to make a picture and not just a fancy happenstance.

I really should be more forthcoming in the way I speak on the internet, out of all that jibber I just want you to know I love your art because it has such a suddle touch and beauty I almost believe a woman can have, your work is very soft and pretty not just this new piece but there is something about it that is very unique I can relate to even though I am a big grizzly man
edit on 2-6-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here's something inspired entirely by ATS, particularly this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's clearly unfinished, but I like it so far.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
Here's something inspired entirely by ATS, particularly this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's clearly unfinished, but I like it so far.

Seems pretty legit, that's a nice set of silverware

edit on 21-10-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I started drawing and writing again myself after a small break. =D I like this new picture though, maybe soon I will share some writing for the drawing lol

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Wow please do share it. If my art inspires people to have feelings and make more art, that would be like the highest honor.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

when I make things most of the time its because I feel like I have this thing inside me I don't want anymore and the only way to get rid of it is through making these drawings and illustrations. I don't often share my writing either because it is a different kind of descriptive device. When I look at your work I can see that it comes from a very different place in some ways it is very intuitive but its also sometimes very direct, what I mean by that is, is that some of the things you do is just to illustrate and others you can see you are illustrating from the inside out =D that is inspiring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join