It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make art sometimes! A painting and a drawing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

We're the same, I think.

The most rewarding drawings are intuitive and come from a place inside of me... I just let it out. But I do a lot of studies/just looking at things and drawing it, too. For practice.

I think this last one is still intuitive, even though it's direct. When I said it was entirely inspired by ATS, I was probably wrong and I feel bad about saying that now, lol. Some past experiences and paranoia's and personal fears and insecurities are showing in this piece, very directly, lol. Like it's coming to the surface. But it's also a play on feasting on souls or on flesh, and feeling like a piece of meat/the main dish, a meal... and etc. Which are all recurring themes in my life I think, but also showing in the thread, lol.

Anyway thank you so much for being you. You are really great.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I am not great I make mistakes all the time =D

here is the blocked text and narration of the frame I am illustration in my comic I am doing now.

"I remember, I trembled and shook and watched, slowly the cigarette fall from between my fingers. The physical noise of the numbness over took
my hands I sat and watched the room darken, my focus on the orange glow, like a jack-o-lantern from the outer edges of my cigarette, seperating
itself from the ashes as it fell to the ground or the beyond. I can't remember as my head was tilting back and could then only see from my minds
eye the yellowing of the cigarette paper and then the softly motion of the smoke moving upwards. They moved like sickly tendrils in the stale
air upward towards the long departed and decaying plaster tiles of the old ceiling. I can't remember anything going darker I just
know I woke up here."

[narration]
The rain fell for hours into the night laying a film of reflective surfaces even on the rusted steel frames of the bridge highlighting the even the smallest of oxidized metal stains appearing from the undersides of each rivet.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How in hell did I miss this thread, wonderful OP!

Think I should post some older stuff as well now to break your heart and make you visit Germany for a collaboration and... more...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm on my phone cause I don't have a computer still so if this is huge I apologize. But here's a drawing I'm working on. I don't know if I love it or not. May have to start over again, but I am loving the idea. Will be doing lots of mazes for
awhile.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That looks great. I like the labyrinth theme.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ty! Yeah I like it a lot, too. Making them is meditative.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I would like to submit some moving images if that would be ok.

Love the drawings!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ty!

And you're asking me? Lol, sure go for it. ATS takes gifs now, right?

I messed up my profile pic guys.

How to I make it not repeat and not have a background!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Ty! Yeah I like it a lot, too. Making them is meditative.

Nice side benefit. Keep posting them so we can see the progress.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Done the maze basically. Will color it all in and fill in the spaces with other things, not sure what yet. Flowers maybe. Always like using forget me nots.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Will color it all in and fill in the spaces with other things...

Yes, she appears to be missing her 'other things'.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nipples.

Lol.

I'll get to em.

They're harder to draw than you think. Placement is everything. And I basically just made up those boobs so it's not like I have any references to use. However, having said that...I could just go look at my own.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They're harder to draw than you think.

Most guys learn to draw them with high anatomical precision by age 7. Trust me.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

you don't really need to "draw" them in either if you don't want to, you can always "shade" around them to give the illusion of nipples as well.

I like it, it looks really good!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am coloring it in. I totally marked her face accidentally. Will keep going and try to fix it later.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe shes trying to find her way out of the maze, or shes having a vision.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

so whenever I can I squeeze one out!

Just so you can hear how that sounds, Im still laughing

Thanks for popping in my thread, knew there must be a connection and I found it. Cool work, especially the first one, draws you on and grabs you, completely opposite of what I do, but still something I enjoy.

If you want any advice or suggestions from someone who tries hard to sell art for a living; do what you LOVE, paint what you LOVE, create what you LOVE, don't compromise EVER! Always follow your gut, and just learn the things that make sense to you (eg perspective and anatomy make less sense to a cubist painter but color theory does). The trick i feel is to balance influence with inspiration, and find that place where you finally feel like you're expression is legible, and you are inspired more so than not.

You are awesome! Much love and inspiration to you, share more soon please

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I'm still tinkering around too =D no mazes though

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Looks great. I like the stylized aspect of her face.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thank you for being a trailblazer! I guess this means we can now post nude artworks... no?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join