It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make art sometimes! A painting and a drawing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
!! dangit.

never even been to space*
never, ever understand*

Thank you Brotherman.

Much love.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise
Why the "Dangit" lol that seems abrupt
When I was a child I wanted to be an astronaut, because of other choices I made I robbed myself from the solitude of the stars and loneliness of space. Most of it was worth it though.

edit on 6-1-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
DP

edit on 6-1-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Anaana
And what about those that wish to speak of illicit drug use and self destruction whilst also trying to emulate and describe the romantic and obscure niche this fills inside of an individual and society? While words act accentuate they do not move in such ways to describe...

Or what about the demonized version of what the body of the female looks like in my country, no one wants to see it, but this is everywhere and these woman are very proud of it, an honest interpretation usually illicits some of the most aggregate responses. The real bitch about it is, this was drawn from real people.

The 2nd one reminds me of work TOOL (the band) would use in their album covers or music videos....which is pretty cool.

Also...
I'm enjoying the conversations going on so far.

Thanks for sharing....
And I'll read on....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I found that picture I was mentioning earlier that your work reminded me of for whatever reason, I sent u another u2u with a link. I don't mean to flood your inbox, I'm just saying very odd is all.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Geez,

I want to show you something, this video is of a game called the wolf among us. I think this may help inspire you. To me this is a masterpiece of multi media and absolutely beautiful, it perfectly blends comic books, animation, symphonic music, obviously the creators are masterful film makers, and the writing is brilliant. Please give this short video a look, it gets really interesting around 1:08

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The heart! Suddenly came to me at lunch time.

I can be incredibly dense sometimes.

No photos yet...too busy painting...the thought of the heart gave me some.

Ta!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What do you mean Anaana?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Sorry, you asked where I saw similarities, and I see them in the heart, figuratively and literally.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And when the time gets closer to the end for me, a final dictorum is going to be a singular act of defiance in search of the destruction of the self and to allow all those beautiful things locked very deeply inside by the tearing and gnashing things will come through as a series of brilliance. Something so bright from an inner heart that dissolves all the darkness in the other world inside. The battle and torment of the inner sadness and severe loss will dissolve, reminders like the cigarette butts with lipstick in the ash tray will be removed, the ashes restored to the things before the painful memories. When the moment of the inner heart shines bright it is a small victory in a battle of repression and the seemingly eternal void that was supposed to memories become memorials. They will last forever, they will stand to inspire all those that have this darkness that there really is a way out.

Transcend from the self to the inner heart and it will all go away.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That is the visceral quality that I meant. Communication of that, from both of you. Visceral realism? Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I used to have visions of a dis-assembly plant that used to tear the soul from the body, even the bricks were vitrified and the trusses were lined with dark birds waiting for the bins to be filled with the souless bodies. Through the ashed windows you could see the sun rise. It looked like a combination of a metal foundry and a commercial butcher shop, at the end was a thicket hut made of thorned branches making an arch with an all blue man with hands like knives and broken glass. Visceral yes, Realisitic IDK. That one thing though is where I have drawn quite alot of inspiration for not only my art, but things there have been redesigned and drafted and I have built them and now they are in an art gallery in middleboro mass. It sometimes works this way I suppose. Especially when it happens when you are wide awake in the middle of a weld at 25 years old

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Good golly Brotherman...let me hold on that thought, until such a time (few days, give or take) I can show you what I am trying to communicate pictorially. This time, see if you can see what I see.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Of course Anaana, I am intrigued to see what you see. I'm always waiting to see how others see and would very much like to feel as they felt when they seen what ever it is for the first time.

sent you a u2u as to not interrupt the natural flow of this thread
edit on 7-1-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wonderful!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
sent you a u2u as to not interrupt the natural flow of this thread

Have done likewise...looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Have you made anything new recently??? I am very anxious to see more of your work and development.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I been drawing in bed! I like something about this one so far.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That looks like a faber-castell water color pencil. I like it too what you are doing too.

If you are going for high contrast straight black and white I personally would take a different approach even though I am not an expert. Your beginning piece here seems to suggest you are going that route though, if so I would consider straight up ink instead of water color pencil.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well aren't you bossy!

I always do an entire graphite/pencil drawing prior to laying the color down on top. So it's like an underpainting of pencil/graphite, with shading, and much detail. I use prisma color markers for coloration over pencil/graphite... however, clearly this is just a sketchbook drawing. I'm just enjoying myself here, is that ok with you big boy?

Btw, it's a regular pencil. Not water-color.

Here's it is:

www.amazon.com...

Have a good one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join