It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I hope though this doesn't end up Obamas WACO

Did the militia bring kids with them?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I said they have notions of protecting freedom, and they do they see themselves as the spark against government oppression it seems to me they are trying to draw parallels with abuse American citizens experience by police in the urban environments. Now I do not believe they are right because I do not think a stupid judge and some fires are reason for a resistance, however with the way things are going I could potentially one day see myself agreeing with a resistance if it was for he right reasons.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I sure hope they didn't,who knows? I would hate to see children caught
in the middle of this mess.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I did my share of protesting the war in southeast Asia. The closest I got to doing anything illegal in the process was following a bunch of people into the admin building at Stanford. And left as quick as I could because those people were really loony.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777 just screams agenda 21 to me. Control of land and resources, harassment of people to acquire land, etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Well, and I guess the question is for many where is the line? When is an armed resistance appriopriate how bad does it have to be? Do you have to already be on the death train before you resist, I suppose it's a fair question.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
In my case, my life was literally on the line.
Son...back in my day they made boys go to war.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Anyone seen the new hashtag they are using to describe this group? #Yall-Qaeda.?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

yes i understand, my grandfather was drafted, and did two more volunteer tours was a captain in the special forces and even did work for a three letter agency when he got out, i joined by my own volition of course our politics here will diverge quite significantly. I understand where you are coming from

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We just spent 14 years of making boys go to war.

What a load of bs.

Son...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
No. They volunteered. Every one.

edit on 1/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yes, there are reports that there are children there.

www.thefederalistpapers.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: freemanwalking

Oh boy. Human shields.
What a fine bunch of Americans.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Has anyone looked into the judge who originally sentenced them? As in, any connections? Judicial favoritism exists. Also, any indication of bribery or blackmail? Wouldn't shock me any if there was.

Considering everything I've read, they got too light a sentence & definitely need to serve the full length like anyone else would. Let the poaching firebugs rot for a few years.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Has anyone looked into the judge who originally sentenced them? As in, any connections? Judicial favoritism exists. Also, any indication of bribery or blackmail? Wouldn't shock me any if there was.

Considering everything I've read, they got too light a sentence & definitely need to serve the full length like anyone else would. Let the poaching firebugs rot for a few years.

There was never any evidence of poaching, with the exception of the testimony of a mentally ill nephew, estranged from the family at the time of that charge.

As for the fire bug have you read the testimonies of the principals involved? Take a look, what you will find is that the reason they set the fire to begin with was to make a fire-line to protect their property from a pre existing fire that was set up by the BLM, folks.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75
Moot.
They were convicted, rightfully or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It is not in fact Moot as the poaching case had nothing to do with a charge of terrorism, nor arson.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

originally posted by: Nyiah

There was never any evidence of poaching, with the exception of the testimony of a mentally ill nephew, estranged from the family at the time of that charge.

As for the fire bug have you read the testimonies of the principals involved? Take a look, what you will find is that the reason they set the fire to begin with was to make a fire-line to protect their property from a pre existing fire that was set up by the BLM, folks.

There were two incidents of fires. The fire that purportedly covered up poaching was explained as a fire to kill off invasive plant species. It was still an arson. The backfire endangered firefighters camped nearby.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75
I was talking about the arson charge (your second paragraph) which is what they were convicted on. Since they were convicted your argument is moot.

There was no charge of terrorism.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Son, back in my day I went. I even got my draft notice sent to an FPO [Fleet Post Office].

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join