It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
These white protesters are always coddled by many and never get the treatment minority civil rights fighters get.
I hope though this doesn't end up Obamas WACO

Perhaps you have inside information that all the protesters are white?

That's an interesting spin.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The reports of the "militia" bringing children into this seriously trouble me. Are they seriously trying to re-enact Waco in order to spark a larger conflict in order to inspire other like minded individuals to take up arms?..

I cannot help but see the parallels to ISIS who deliberately target the west in hopes of sparking a war between Islam and the Infidels. In order to bring about the end times..

The actions of these "militiamen" are strikingly similar.

Terrorism indeed..

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Welfare queens looking for a handout. I think it's time to send in the drones to take care of these welfare-terrorists.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Well why does the position to the bundies and the other farmers and these milita men care so much about what they are doing there? It seems this whole thing started on there own lands, but now has moved to others lands. But then again even that is vague.

So what we have here are two groups of very intrusive people, or not even that more like groups of people, or not even that really more like factions, and both wanting to seem and make themselves seem like they are the least intrusive faction. Again what was it I said before.

Oh ya! Who knows why the bundies are there and who cares, or why the BLM is there. But if I were to quess that they are there because of the main reasons why any people or groups are anywhere or do anything. How far off would I be. So ya! Follow the money or better know as the profits and that will likely paint a better picture in the overall scale of things.

But hey I am just guessing on what started this whole thing and got these people on both sides of the fence so worked up. So ya, it may be a dispute on just who is a better thief and the differences in there methods of holding land ownership and benefits there in.

Or it could be about good guy vs bad guy. Or maybe even red vs blue. In which case I did not read this thread or this story to know which is on the blue team and which is on the red team, and certainly not enough to know which one is supposed to be the good guy and which the bad.

But I am quite sure by next week this will all be forgotten and the many other lost threads which have come and gone on ATS. As for the more real conceptual world it will go down in the annals of history, which will be written by somebody at some latter date. My guess is the Federal Government will write those annals. A big mystery for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas
Wow there dude.

Its likely both groups are bull#ing. So in effect it matters not who wins this headbutting competition. Why dont the people who life there take a vote on what exactly they would like to do with all these trouble makers both and all groups. And for good or bad let that stand.

I mean they may have sovereign rights, they may even have a point, and by some change who know they may even be right to a point. But at lest for me if I was living there rights would end right at the part were they were coming in mass numbers with guns and intent to do who knows what, and likely end up in a headache for me or the people living in the area.

But then again maybe they are the people living in the area. Or maybe not. Such lack of media representation is quite uncommon and bizarre in this day and age most especially when every nuance in some place thousands of miles farther away makes splashed day in and out on that same media.

But I suppose none of this is of much importance. They may all, both groups just be massively overblowing things out of the proportions that it needs be.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Why dont the people who life there take a vote on what exactly they would like to do with all these trouble makers both and all groups.

What do you think a vote would accomplish?
The people that live there, including the Hammonds, do not want the militia there.

They may all, both groups just be massively overblowing things out of the proportions that it needs be.
You don't think that armed men occupying federal property is a matter of concern?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
protesting for justice of people that started a fire on federal land, with guns, on federal property, with children, seems a whole lot more stupid than raising awareness about police brutality against blacks.
edit on 4-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
After catching up with the thread, it seems that the popular view is that this all agenda 21 BLM big gubment land grab something something obama.

While the other side, that they were convicted for arson and since it involved federal land fell under a law that carried a min 5 year sentence and a judge decided against that and has since been overruled is being seemingly ignored.
Or that they don't agree with the original sentencing, which is pretty moot at this point.

Oh and on and on about domestic terrorist and how this is just a plan to make sure we can label people that easier, even tho the Hammonds were never charged or called that.

My final opinion on this, these guys got off light and a judge saw that and decided that it shouldn't have happened.
Now the legality of that is something I don't have a clue about. I would like to say that if you served the time, then you can't be charged for the same crime, but I guess a judge doing something illegal there might change that.
TBH though I am not a big fan of mandatory sentencing, so torn there.

Wonder how all these guys have this free time on their hands to just up and go to OR...
Musta seen that line 100 times when the Freddie Grey and Brown protests were going on.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The agenda is to uproot families that have occupied the land and carried on a traditional heritage of living on the land, caring for the land, and deriving their living from that land.
Only when that tradition is wiped out will the next phase be implemented. People who have deep ties to the land will fight for it.
People who actively oppose the federal government's dirty tricks are labeled as anti-government, first.

Read some history. Check some figures on the mass displacement of populations by the federal government down through the years.
The way to move subsistence cultures off the land is to bankrupt them.
Move in the profit-minded corporate structure to make the land more productive.
Or....
Bring in the quasi-governmental organization to "manage the land in a public-private partnership."

Never mind that those subsistence cultures were handing in a goodly amount of income to the government each year in the form of taxes, land permits and fees. It is, in the end, all about control of resources.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Im on this site reading this but Im too paraniod that this post is just trying to label me as a terrorist soo Ill just complain and claim its trying to round me up as a revolutionary... God luck to these brave souls no sic

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What do you think a vote would accomplish? The people that live there, including the Hammonds, do not want the militia there.

Same thing that votes always accomplish a vague outline for a majority on a course of action, which will likely take hold not anytime soon, maybe even in a year or two. But if its an issue for them then it will at least give them an opertunity to voice that.

You don't think that armed men occupying federal property is a matter of concern?

And before that it was a native property. So ya! I do not think armed men occupying federal property is a matter of concern for me. Maybe for federal employees who have to deal with it, but then again it was federal policy which got all these people all bothered in the first place. Were they at anyways, everybody is making this place to be the middle of nowhere anyways, like there going to squat down in a forest or abandoned buildings?

What are they going to do there if left to themselfs? Grow corn and till the land? They said they plan on being there for years, but I think they will be thinking on going home come the next stormy day, they may miss that hot coco. Hey maybe we should fly reconnaissance planes and drop cargo full of goats, seeds and building material, the government has spent more and got less and not even on its own citizens.

You know may as well make that patch of forest and old abandoned areas and building to make them a bit more hospitable till everybody gets bored, the kids start crying that they miss there PlayStation, and the wife's miss the new season of the vampire diaries, and our gun toting friends heads cool down a bit and decide to call it quits with there occupation.

After all what has all the other occupations for such brash reasons in such brash a fashion achieved. Or better yet how long have they lasted? No doubt those occupy wallstreet are still there right? Or how about the others out there in all the occupy movements?

But again who knows what is going on. But likely this is a none issue till people turn it into an issue. But again phage just to be clear, I see nothing in this that would be a matter of concern. That is unless certain people and groups make it so.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy
Welfare queens looking for a handout. I think it's time to send in the drones to take care of these welfare-terrorists.

Seeing how connected welfare to the subject matter of the thread, perhaps you might like to elaborate on why you dislike people who claim welfare payments.

Have you ever heard of corporate welfare? perhaps they are behind the malisha.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
The reports of the "militia" bringing children into this seriously trouble me. Are they seriously trying to re-enact Waco in order to spark a larger conflict in order to inspire other like minded individuals to take up arms?..

I cannot help but see the parallels to ISIS who deliberately target the west in hopes of sparking a war between Islam and the Infidels. In order to bring about the end times..

The actions of these "militiamen" are strikingly similar.

Terrorism indeed..

So a bunch of pissed off people who are revolting against government tyranny are the same as ISIS ...whoa there fellah are you sure you are not jumping the gun a little....

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
My hope and prayer is that wisdom prevails.
An earlier poster mentioned Wounded Knee. Hearing of this incident immediately brought back memories of the modern Wounded Knee Standoff.
Perhaps Dennis Banks could offer to broker peace. He truly has a charismatic character that seems to bring peace rather than violence.
Maybe they should all just gather round the campfire and pass around a peace pipe.

A bunch of aggrieved people broke the lock on an unoccupied building. The fact that the lock belonged to the federal government makes it a federal case. If the same thing happened to your shed out back but no other damage was done, the police would fill out a report, hand you a copy and tell you to file with your insurance.

Russell Means warned us of this impending tyranny with his documentary "Welcome to the Reservation."
For an anthropological perspective read Vine Deloria Jr.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
it just occurred to me that if heads do butt, it will play out one of 3 ways.

1. the armed protesters leave

2. they all die (I hope to hell this doesn't happen)

3. the resistors will be picked off by SEAL snipers.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You ALL complain about taxes and gov and schools and chem trails and pharma and gmo... when men stand up for weak old guys going to jail illegally for the second time you call them evil... they are brave you are not. Even if they have agendas they risk their lives for a purpose and a point you do not... you dont

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So a bunch of pissed off people who are revolting against government tyranny are the same as ISIS ...whoa there fellah are you sure you are not jumping the gun a little....

Armed resistance to Assad's tyrranical government.

Dogmatic world view.

Can't accept their world view is out of date.

Refusal to accept the reality of how the world works.

Hatred of The Other.

Inflated sense of their support in the wider community.

Children who can use guns.

Use of human shields.

I am being ironic. Of course there is no moral equivalence between ISIS and Y'all Qaeda, but a pattern is starting emerge...
edit on 4-1-2016 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: diogeneese33

there is a way to change law and politics. pointing a gun at the government is probably the worse way of going about it.

jesus christ if anyone here has a problem with a law, please dont take a gun and show up at your city hall. for the love of all, dont kill anyone and dont listen to anyone that tells you violence is the best and only answer. stop spreading bad ideas.
edit on 4-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113
Who has pointed a gun at government?
Who has pointed a gun at anyone?
This is a wilderness area. Who goes into the wilderness un-armed?
When the government treats its citizens like subjects, somebody better be standing up and making a hue and cry.

Sending these men back to prison is nothing short of tyranny. If the only way to get Joe Sixpack to pay attention to their dirty tricks is to get on YouTube and CNN---they've gotta do what they can.

They've committed civil disobedience perhaps. So did several hundred teens last weekend at a Louisville, KY shopping mall. Nobody was arrested despite the complete disruption they caused.

I would like to hear Gerry Spence's take on this situation.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join