It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If the government succeeds in labeling these men as terrorists, then it'll further push their agenda on domestic terrorism, and labeling anyone who might feel the same way, as terrorists.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Could you imagine the media sh#^storm this would be if they were any other group doing this? BLM? Occupy Wall Street? Muslim's? Armed 'protestors' making goodbye videos to their families because they expect to die?

I understand that these people view the government, the federal government, as no more than 'shoot first, ask later' type of people...but they're not so much like that. They break in on a holiday weekend and they don't bat an eye when innocent people are being murdered on a regular basis by the police.

I'm so flabbergasted I can't even think straight.

I'm a Pro Second...Militia supporting guy. And you are correct. I cannot see any other group being treated with kid gloves this much.

In my mind there are a few possibilities.

1) Feds don't want to make them Martyrs.
2) Feds are building up a combat plan (MOST LIKELY)
3) The cold is an issue
4) Location....let's face it, they're in snow and have nowhere to run.

If this were done in a major city with people around, I'm pretty sure this would be a whole different story.

But I myself can't fathom armed men taking over Federal spaces. The fact that they're armed on their own isn't a factor, as it is a Constitutional Right....and a Right in Oregon. But the fact they're carrying WHILE declaring an occupation, is mind-blowing.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they invaded your office and took it over, and......were muslims..... would you say they were terrorizing you?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Or just a plan, I doubt they want any sort of combat.

Unless you were just using the phrase to say they are just planning things out.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well we all know this militia isn't going to get away with this like what Happened between the Bundys and BLM. If they do what's next a Guard Armory?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Was anyone in the building?

edit on 1/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Or just a plan, I doubt they want any sort of combat.

Unless you were just using the phrase to say they are just planning things out.

Yes, I mean a contingency or containment plan. I think they'll try talking first. No shots are fired yet and nobody has been threatened. But this looks like it will end in violence. I've lived long enough to see the signs. Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

what difference does that make? Im being hypothetical.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

If they invaded your office and took it over, and......were muslims..... would you say they were terrorizing you?

So "Occupy" is a terrorist group?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Slippery slopes are slippery.

I think the fact these guys actually took action would separate them from anyone who just talks about doing it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So far there there is no threat to human life, which is the main requirement for a terrorism charge. That would be one aspect.

edit on 1/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

But this looks like it will end in violence.

Well at this point that is because these guys are hell bent on that, they are the ones that are saying that they won't go peacefully.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If a group of Muslim occupied a government building and refused others entry. would you call them terrorists or a militia ?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I would shoot them dead. If I ran out of bullets I would continue fighting, till I was gone or they were gone.

all insurrections are not the same, nor there reasons or implementations, I do not think that this is the time place or reason to make such a stand, so I will idly watch, I however do believe the prosecuted and judge are wrong, and that the blm seems to have nefarious intentions, but this case can be resolved through peace and what they are doing is wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The one thing about Militia groups is that politically they are very IGNORANT on world issues or national issues, outside of their little BOX of concern. If it doesn't effect one of them or their own, they are usually not active.

They appear much more over time that they are just interested in land issues, guns, religion.

Overall they're appearing to be a special interest group which is highly insulated.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Full Story on What’s Going on In Oregon – Militia Take Over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge In Protest to Hammond Family Persecution…

theconservativetreehouse.com...

There is a long history here.

(u) During the court preceding the Hammonds were forced to grant the BLM first right of refusal. If the Hammonds ever sold their ranch they would have to sell it to the BLM.

(v) Dwight and Steven are ordered to report to federal prison again on January 4th, 2016 to begin their re-sentencing. Both their wives will have to manage the ranch for several years without them.

To date they have paid $200,000 to the BLM, and the remainder $200,000 must be paid before the end of this year (2015). If the Hammonds cannot pay the fines to the BLM, they will be forced to sell the ranch to the BLM or face further prosecution. (more citations here)

Please read from the beginning what the BLM does to these ranchers, land of the free home of the brave

hoorah
edit on 3-1-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

If they are so persecuted then why are they asking this militia to stand down?

Oh and your link is broken, goes to a zimmerman page.
Looks to me like the same old stuff from the blog posted earlier.
edit on rdSun, 03 Jan 2016 18:45:02 -0600America/Chicago120150280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Your link leads to a story about George Zimmerman.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In cases like this, people need to search their souls and come clean whether they support actions like this "because Militia...because Government....because"...

Or because the Militia are actually RIGHT...

Militias are cool and all, but are they within the LAW? Have they exhausted all possibilities and Representation?

Gotta ask yourselves this.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

If a group of Muslim occupied a government building and refused others entry. would you call them terrorists or a militia ?

Is it ISIS or a group of muslims protesting a perceived unfair judicial call?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join