It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
a reply to: freemanwalking

Great link. Thanks for sharing it...as a mom I cannot wrap my mind around bringing CHILDREN to this "event."

My initial thoughts on the occupation was "this brings light to the excesses of the Bureau of Land Management." My logic, remote locale, media will eventually cover, public attention will be captured SLOWLY...and then the consistent media statement as this was initially reported "occupying a federal building" (hardly a courthouse or office building--remote lodges and a gift shop) but the talking points make it sound like there could be hostages and a disruption of "federal"'services for the entire state of Oregon.

Now add into the mix Obama doing a "Townhall" Thursday night (on gun control) and I can see something "occurring" on Wednesday for discussion the very next day...and now children are there too.

I fear this won't end well.

The Bundy clan is willing to sacrifice anyone to reach their selfish goals. The Hammonds don't want anything to do with them but the Bundys are talking over any dissent. Police should isolate them and wait. Any direct confrontation should be limited to when the occupiers are away from the buildings [and innocent followers] and trying to leave or having supporters bring in supplies.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Willtell

I hope though this doesn't end up Obamas WACO

Did the militia bring kids with them?

I sure hope they didn't, knowing how good Obama is at murdering hundreds of children with those drones he is so good at, as he himself has said.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
NO new news. The feds are quiet. Nothing but crickets. The latest updates by the MSM all have new "baited" titles, but the same content. .

mobile.nytimes.com...://www.google.com/

It's humorous at best. The big bad militia boys are acting as thought there is a " cause " for us all to follow.... they are legends In thier own minds....

God, please make the rumors of kiddos present just a rumor

There is nothing wrong with waiting it's not a military base with weapons and secrets to protect, it's a building If I were the mayor or who ever is running the show there I'd pull back but stop others from coming in, i'd asked the press to pls leave and not give them coverage, if there is a need for food and water have it delivered by restaurant.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: freemanwalking

Oh boy. Human shields.
What a fine bunch of Americans.
It that's the case (and I hope it isn't), that would make the militia by definition, terrorists.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Land grabs by the government acting under various agencies, and they acting under various interests has been going on since the inception of this country, remember the whole land grabs in building the railroads or how about the industrial revolution? Most of the government actions were merely land grab actions by the robber barons of that century and there patsy's in lawful held offices and positions. It is the most direct and easiest way to land garbing schemes or occupation schemes, ie doing it the legal way, even today, and even in other countries. It is not new. Funny no what a bit of a change in verbiage and word structure can do.

Today it is no different, generally if you follow the money it leads to the truth if the matter like following the line of breadcrumbs. But really of what use would this branch of the FED have for all that ranch property? Some say agenda 21, which is pretty likely, or as likely as any. However what is that I mean I don't think they plan on building thousands of malls on it. However control takes on many guises.

But hey who knows, and will not likely matter in the end. I am quite sure that by next week this all will be forgotten by people. I do believe that centuries ago many have warned against the constructs you all create, plenty of people have said it in many ways in there time and plenty have dealt with it in its many incarnations in there time. So in a way this is all normal behavior on both parts.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
They are walking very close to that line. The cynical part of me says it is not unintentional.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alonzo730
So basically this is a argument of who is the best thief and there methods of holding that said stolen land?

I suppose this whole little stand off can be called interesting. If it can be called that. The dispute of might makes right vs right makes might. That age old battle. If it can even be called that, more like people being people once again. Nature at its finest.

Let that group which is the most well founded win. The joke of the century, the battle cry of ages of past battle and wars. Now brought onto a smaller stage for this brief moment. Because like I said this will all be forgotten by next week, like countless other such things.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

So basically this is a argument of who is the best thief and there methods of holding that said stolen land?

No it is about what the hell are the Bundys doing there.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Hammonds seem to have had an ongoing local war with the US Fish and Wildlife Service over the Malheur and with the BLM for over two decades. Now enter the Bundy clan and supporters as armed outside agitators.

It may be that these outside agitators aren't necessarily welcomed by this small town. With a death cult willing to die and kill others, this might be a tad too much, especially when local govt workers are the targets.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

No it is about what the hell are the Bundys doing there.

They are there to support their Sovereign Citizen agenda.

Carrying a flag while ignoring the Constitution does not make you a "Patriot".

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here is an exerpt from a news site, just now..so here we have it. A dozen armed militia. ...

Cliven Bundy is not participating in the occupation of the wildlife refuge and it is unclear how many people are there with his son. The group claimed on Saturday that more than 100 people were with them, but reporters on the scene that night said the number appeared to be closer to a dozen.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on Sun Jan 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTERNAL QUOTE TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Oh I always thought eating a hot dog ,whilst waving a flag, and shooting guns in the air within city limits naked only wearing cowboy boots, and retiring to the master bathroom where I hold onto dear life puking all night was my American duty?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Yep....
from your source (my bold)

“The battle was brought to us,” said Dan Nichols, a county commissioner who is also a neighbor of the Hammond family. “This county isn’t supportive of what’s being done here at all. Once again, it’s a bunch of those who live without the county telling us what we need to do, how we need to be doing it and the repercussions if we don’t.”

What may have worked for the Bundy clan outside of Las Vegas is not welcomed in Burns. They're doing to Burns exactly what they don't want the federal govt to do to them: "telling us what we need to do, how we need to be doing it and the repercussions if we don’t". Plus, two Bundy supporters killed two LEOs and a civilian in Las Vegas; if that happened in Burns, everyone would know the victims personally. Maybe the Bundys have jumped the chainsaw with this one.... I can only hope.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you've never dealt with the maggots of BLM, or Park Service or any of those land-grabbing fiends, you have no idea. Same with state agencies if someone with more money and political clout wants your land/business.
Obviously, the Hammonds ticked off someone in the federal arena. Just as obviously, they are scared spitless now that they've been shown they can't win. It is damned near impossible to win in court when your opponent has unlimited resources.
My prayers are with them and with the protesters. Someone must stand up against the madness and the over-reach of these petty federal tyrants.

I watched the state (with help from the feds) take land and a viable business from two dear friends of mine because they didn't have the financial resources to fight a four year court battle. Nobody could figure out why the state suddenly wanted to shut them down---until it was over and they had signed their land over to the state and all the bogus "charges" were dismissed. The state then turned around and sold the land and business to a wealthy party hack that needed an established business for his son-in-law to run.

I watched the same thing happen to a man who refused to sell his property to a developer in the city. His lovely home was raided and destroyed by federal agents (brought in by the city police) and he was jailed without bond for months while his house sat and deteriorated. The feds found a sawed-off shotgun. The man had inherited it from his grandfather. They found a lot of other guns as well because the man was a collector. They charged that "some of these weapons may be stolen" and claimed it took eight months to confirm that he had legally acquired all of them. During that entire eight months the house remained roped off as a "Crime Scene" and off-limits to family members attempting to salvage some of the house full of antiques. In the meantime the house was condemned by the city, razed and the land was sold at public auction. Guess who bid the highest and got what he wanted?

If you ask me whose word I would trust in a situation such as this---I take the word of the rancher or farmer any day of the week over the word of some government bureaucrat who likely has an ulterior motive for his actions. If you don't stand up for your fellow citizens....when they come for you....there will be nobody to stand up for you. Resist and they will crush you.
When I hear the "take it to court, settle it legallly" I want to remind people that the Cherokee nation won their case before the SCOTUS and were still rounded up like cattle and marched west by the military. Their descendants have a healthy distrust of the US court system.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: MystikMushroom

They've yet to display terroristic actions,

Like a high body count

Hitting soft targets with unarmed people

Causing mass mayhem and confusion in the streets

They are a armed political movement currently protesting they could potentially become terroristic if this situation isn't resolved peacefully, it's hard to measure intent but as of now they are sitting in a unoccupied federal building with notions of protecting freedom, they've yet to terrorize but it's a possibility with a situation like this.

I'm just amused by the hashtags, nothing more.

Well, lets look at the shiny new US Patriot Act definition for "domestic terrorism":

Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."[2]

Wkipedia

The two bold parts go together. I'm no legal scholar, but section B, subsection ii makes a pretty clear case for domestic terrorism....?
edit on 3-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Oh they will get crushed then.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Ever thought about getting a bunch of people who think like you to get jobs with the BLM? You probably could do a lot more from the inside than just hurling insults from the outside.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Oh come on. Those jobs aren't for the general public.

You basically gotta get networked into any opportunities these days.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Unfortunately American's today will be saying "it's not time yet" all the way up to the point when the barrel touches their skull.

How much land does the .gov need to claim before people ask questions? 60%? 80%? or is only when it's your property does it really matter?

The responses I have read on this thread firmly solidify my beliefs that I and my family are all that matter. The rest of this country is doomed and I will laugh as it burns.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It would seem that, at the least, they are trespassing on federal property.

Perspective. Your government wouldn't want me to sit on that particular jury.

All this other talk about surrounding them and letting 'em rot ... Isn't that what was 'supposed' to happen down in Waco? Didn't turn out so well.

Right now there's been no harm and no foul. Maybe a couple of feds don't report to work at their normal duty location. I'm sure they're still drawing pay. And, that's a worst case scenario.

No need for people to be dying right now on either side. I hope a cooler head shows up and lets the Rambo types slip off into the night after they've expended all their resources making a stink. Worked pretty well down in Nevada, didn't it? Lots'a Rambo types emptied their bank accounts playing soldier. What's ultimately worse than that?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join