It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,986 Shooting Victims in Gun-Controlled Chicago During 2015

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I said nobody wants to talk about the reason behind the killings. Instead they just want to blame guns.

Fair enough.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Sad stats.
Don't expect liberals to pay any attention to them. They'll just make excuses...or ignore them.

Let's address the issue. Bring ideas to the table.

Taking low-blows at your political adversaries does not produce results.

sure it does. if it didn't why would slimy libs try to put out the idea that because san bernadino, then ban law abiding from having assault rifles when the law would not have prevented it?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Urban UK.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This proves that gun control laws don`t stop criminals from getting guns,it`s not working on a small scale and it won`t work on a bigger national scale.

The problem isn`t poverty either, if someone wants a job and there are no jobs in Chicago that person will go find a job somewhere else.
The people who are staying in Chicago and committing crimes there are doing it because that`s the type of life that they want to live,they don`t want a job they want to survive by stealing what other people have worked for.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

It's 3 in the morning.

For me at least.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'd be willing to say that this is more about economic issues and education, as the OP indicated, than gun policy.

People that can easily pay the bills and put food on the table are less likely to commit crimes. More guns in the hands of people desperate to get by is not the answer. As we all know, if they wanted a firearm, they could get one anyway.

Chicago has 1.3 million people living in poverty. That is where we need to focus.

That was beautiful. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It's 3 in the morning.

For me at least.

Seriously dude...that makes it worse..WTF R U doing on ATS at 3AM?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm looking in to the stats a bit more. Give me a bit.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Reading.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It is an absolute war zone in many of these neighborhoods. I drive through one of the worst ones in Chicago everyday on my way to work.

I believe the violence has several causes. All of these are interrelated which is what makes it so hard to fix.

1) Drug war
2) Broken Families
3) Poor schools / economy

The vast majority of the killings in Chicago are gang related. One thug shooting at another thug. It can be something as simple as being disrespected or a scuffed tennis shoe or protecting drug turf.

In my opinion though, the biggest issue is the break down of the black family. For me this is the root cause. What we see in the inner cities and the black community at large is the results of 3/4's of kids being born out of wedlock and no fathers around. These kids are growing up with no male guidance. None positive.

If we are serious about reducing gun violence, then we first must address the break down of the family. Gun control is merely addressing a symptom of a much larger problem.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior

I'd be willing to say that this is more about economic issues and education, as the OP indicated, than gun policy.

People that can easily pay the bills and put food on the table are less likely to commit crimes. More guns in the hands of people desperate to get by is not the answer. As we all know, if they wanted a firearm, they could get one anyway.

Chicago has 1.3 million people living in poverty. That is where we need to focus.

That was beautiful. Thank you.

Sorry, blaming poverty is a cop out.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I believe I am mistaken on the statistics. I'm not beyond admitting that. (It's been a long day with two board meetings)

But I have to agree with this:

If we are serious about reducing gun violence, then we first must address the break down of the family. Gun control is merely addressing a symptom of a much larger problem.

Poverty and education have a lot to do with that, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you going to answer my question ? just curious..

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Having strict gun laws in just one state, which is surrounded by states with very lax gun laws, just creates a black market where the price of a gun is highly inflated. Which then obviously gives a huge incentive to organized crime to import more guns into the state from surrounding states, due to the huge profit margin... this isn't rocket science people, just basic commonsense.

Gun violence will always be a huge problem in the US until commonsense gun laws are enacted on a federal level.

But what do I know? Everyone just needs more guns right? I'm sure that'll solve the problem... lol.

If the lax gun laws of surrounding states caused crime then why don't those states have high crime rates? If the availability of guns caused crime, then all the crime in Illinois would be down state away from Chicago. Instead we have the opposite. What does that tell you?

It tells me that for whatever reason gang violence is more prevalent in Chicago... Obviously.

The availability of guns does not cause crime. The violence is caused by high concentrations of poverty and cultural dysfunction in which people believe violence solves their problems. It really is that simple.

Yes, the availability of guns does cause more gun violence in places where gang culture is more prevalent.

Any law abiding citizen in Illinois who wishes to own a gun can, so your point is irreverent anyway... Do you really think some gang member would think twice about doing a drive by on a rival gang member, simply because there were more gun shops in Chicago?

Your logic makes no sense and has no basis in reality.

The lax gun laws in surrounding states obviously gives gang members in Chicago easier access to firearms... I'm also fairly sure that most gang members would assume there target has the same access to firearms as they do.

So how would having more gun shops in Chicago solve this problem?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb
I think it is a Constitutional right in the US to own guns.
I think it is Constitutional for limits to be placed on who can legally own guns.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And how many of those shooting involved Police officers?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They overturned their gun ban in 2012 yet there's more killings than ever, so obviously gun control isn't responsible for crime. How anyone with a brain could think that is beyond.

When you cram millions of people into a ghetto with no resources what do you expect to happen?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Where do we get them jobs?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This confirms gun control works. There was a definite increase in death from guns when they upped gun control. It is probably doing what it was intended to do. Make us fear more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join