It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw something in the Vegas night sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
just chiming in as a fellow person who's up between times often enough. folks are seeing them around the same time in the morning over los angeles too. not just me either. a few people have seen them. always heading west. some sightings going back a few years.

would be interested to hear about the sighting the poster from the valley saw. direction, speed, time?
edit on 31-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think this should help identify the craft.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hi everyone quick note to say that im seeing an object next to the moon right now from Melbourne Australia thats 415 am.Tried to take a photo throughbinoculars w/fone but no go.Can anyone else see this?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Vector99 your commentary cracked me up and made my day! Sitting here in an otherwise empty office...

I agree with you about the street light too! HAHA

Dunno what you saw though!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Nevermind, that was a street light not the object...woops.

Another thing after thinking, I don't remember hearing any commercial planes in the sky, and my house is close to one of McCarran's incoming flight paths. Usually hear a plane go over every couple of minutes.
edit on 31-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hi Bassplyr,

I didn't see anything fly by. I just looked up and saw a very big and very bright light that I knew wasn't a commercial airplane. Instead of flying away or banking to turn toward Burbank airport as a plane would, it more or less stayed in the same spot and just faded away as with the dimmer light which I thought was a planet/star. I wish I had looked up a few minutes earlier. I did notice the location of the two lights was just north of the big dipper which was right overhead of where I was standing.

Best,
westco

edit on 31-12-2015 by westco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Do I really have to be the first one to suggest sky lanterns?
It is New Year's eve afterall.

edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR I forgot to reiterate the time was around 5:30 am, Thursday, December 31.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hi Phage,

I might consider it if I saw it tonight or even New Year's morning, but this was about an hour or more before the sun rose this morning.

Best,
westco

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: westco

I was referring to the OP.
Your description seems quite different from his, though maybe some one was practicing for tonight.
But why do you assume you saw the same "it" as the OP?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am guessing there will be a bit of a celebration by the secret space brothers in orbit. Must have been a dry run.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Not a chance. The video I shot is horrible I know, but it would be one hell of a fast moving lantern. I started filming north and finished filming south.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The video I shot is horrible I know, but it would be one hell of a fast moving lantern.

Perhaps, if you assume it was at a high altitude.
In your OP you said this:

In my line of sight (facing due north) it traveled upwards and to the left slowly over the period of about 5 minutes. Then it dimmed at a sudden rate and was gone from sight.
That is a perfect description of a sky lantern. As you say, your video is pretty useless but it could very well show a sky lantern.

And it is New Year's.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That was the first object. It seemed to be heading away from me, barely seemed to be moving, like something flying almost directly away from you. The second one was heading towards me.

Also, it was filmed on 4x zoom. Here is the difference between 1x and 4x on my phone. I thought I was taking pics from my room, but it actually was recording. This is 1x

Here is filming from the same exact place at 4x zoom

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I didn't see the flight pattern but did see the two lights rapidly dimming. I saw the OP posted around 6:30 am, so I am not exactly sure when they initially spotted the lights but the timing is very similar. OP saw two lights, and I saw two lights. The larger light was twinkling like a star, just huge. It could be coincidence.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: westco

I saw it around 4:30 am. Not sure why but my posts show as 2 hours later than hey are. It's about 8:30pm here now, but this post says 10:30pm

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ahhh then the timing makes sense because I saw them about an hour later. Thanks again for the post, pics and video.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join