It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought two guns,have a question

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Bedlam
And there should have been a .44 in the bottom drawer and it's gone, need to see where it went. Also got two knives in here. LOL

What are you going to do, stab them after you shoot them? Ah walking dead scenario?

I think it's more a situation of I walk in here with crap on my belt or in a pocket and toss it on the desk and start working, then leave. Eventually, I will end up dragging a crap pile of tools and weaponry in here and have to clean it up, it's getting close now.

The default is the one piece in the bottom drawer, it's the only thing that's not in here.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If you already picked up the first gun then you will likely have to make another transfer. If you didn't you'd be able to have the same transfer on both firearms.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And if it's been a stressful day I just go akimbo face.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

A sidearm for short range use is different than one for medium to long range, which is different still from a shotgun or rifle. Thus, having more than one firearm isn't cause for a psychiatric examination, as you believe, it's simply a question of what you're planning to do with the firearm and at what range, and the sort of energy delivery you'll need when the round arrives.

I agree, if I get into a fight I like it about the 200 yard range.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I fear guns? Is that what you got from what I posted? Lmao. I fear the people that think they are doing a public service by carrying a gun, some self righteous vigilantes that take it upon themselves to resolve crime, that's what I fear, their lack of self awareness.

If gun owners don't fear the possibility than why carryone. The just incase excuse is only a mask to the fear of the possibility rather than better to have one than not need one.

Your only convincing yourself with non fear based justifications. Many have guns at home and don't feel the need to carry them on the streets cos they have less paranoia and far more logical thought processes.

I don't have to carry where I live because I made a point to move away from urban rot as soon as I paid my dues and got experience in my field. If I had to live in the midst of the urban rot I'd be carrying in order to level the playing field against the criminal element.

The odds of needing a concealed weapon may be minimal, but it exists. The odds of a car accident are a bit higher, but still I still wear a seatbelt. The odds of getting cancer are pretty low, but I still get screenings.

The vast majority of CC owners are responsible people and good citizens. Why are you scared of them? The fact is you don't even notice them because the weapons are concealed. It could be your neighbor or your friends.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

Not for guns. But in the home I can understand, everyone to themselves. On the street and in public definetly not. It's creates more problems that it could possibly solve.

It all stemmed from my first post which was highlighting the OP'S delusional state that by him carrying a gun he is protecting me. Statements like that is why I have such a strong opinion about people carrying guns.

Sorry about thread drift OP. I think others have answered it

My point in that post that the desire to have a gun is based on fear. A fear that many will attribute with sentences like "better to have one than not". That thought process derives from a fear of the unknown, that's all, Wetherby people wish to acknowledge it or not..

I think it is very clear who is afraid and who isn't.

You may choose to believe that people with guns can't protect you if you want to. Just be sure to tell them that ahead of time so they don't waste any ammunition trying to save your life. Maybe one of us gun lovers will save your life some day. Then again, maybe one of us won't...

If you bought both guns at the same store there should only be one background check. Two stores - two checks.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: VashTheStampede
How many crimes have you stopped or how many criminals have you killed recently? Resolved any hostage situations this week on your days off duty?

If the answer is no I request you defer from the delusional that by somehow carrying a gun it is protecting people like me. All you are doing is helping alleviate your own paranoia, nothing more.
This complex you have developed as a result of serving the public is incredibly dangerous, projecting your insecurities onto people that aren't as fearful (aware as you would say) as you.

You don't protect me. You may have done when a cop (on duty) but in no way shape or form does you desiring to carry a weapon make me any safer. I am not sure why anyone would feel that way.

And if the answer was yes you have, than you are taking the law into your own hands which is even more dangerous than your perception.

Would you mind terribly buying a t-shirt that states what you state here? That way, if something happens around you, those with guns will know that you don't believe they can protect you, and choose to protect someone else.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I shouldn't think so. Buying them both from the same dealer, correct? Nothing that would even remotely trigger any red flags.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To the OP, you will likely need one if the purchases were made separately, but if you paid for both together, they'd likely have run the check at that time.

I fear guns? Is that what you got from what I posted? Lmao. I fear the people that think they are doing a public service by carrying a gun, some self righteous vigilantes that take it upon themselves to resolve crime, that's what I fear, their lack of self awareness.

People with guns prevent crimes on a daily basis. You can read stories about them. Someone I know posts weekly news reports of such cases on FB. One isn't a vigilante for defending themselves from a criminal, either. Claiming they are isn't valid.

If gun owners don't fear the possibility than why carryone. The just incase excuse is only a mask to the fear of the possibility rather than better to have one than not need one.

Do you fear the possibility of being ht by a car? If not, why aren't you jogging on the interstate? Do you fear the possibility of a fire? If not, why have a fire extinguisher at home? Do you fear little boo boos? If not, why have little bandages in a first aid kit? See how you sound?

Your only convincing yourself with non fear based justifications. Many have guns at home and don't feel the need to carry them on the streets cos they have less paranoia and far more logical thought processes.

You aren't convincing anyone. A gun at home doesn't prevent someone from being mugged on the street. Logic dictates sensible precautions, not assumptions that bad things will always happen to some other person.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I shouldn't think so. Buying them both from the same dealer, correct? Nothing that would even remotely trigger any red flags.

Yeah same dealer,I'm not worried about anything,I just want to know if I have to jump through the hoops again.(paperwork,BG,fingerprints)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The dealer doesn't have much choice in the matter. Its all dependent upon whether or not they've recorded each weapon on the form 4473. As an example, lets say I walk in to a gun shop, decide I want a particular handgun, fill out the paperwork, pass the check and pay for it. As I'm walking out, I see another firearm I want and decide to buy it, too. Given that the transaction for the first firearm was already complete, I'd have to fill out another 4473 and submit another background check, even though I'd just passed one in the same store five minutes earlier.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
It's that mentality that doesn't scare me, but I have to be very weary of. You feel because you have a gun it's your obligation to protect the vulnerable. Taking the law into your own hands in some sort of vocation?how could you possibly help me? If someone pulls a gun out on me and attempt to rob me, you would shoot him? Be the saviour of the masses?

As I have stated in other threads people with your rationale feel like you are immune from human urges and behaviour. You throw about phrases such as law abiding and sane as though you will never fall victim to depression, heart break and anger. You are one knock to the head away from seeing the world completely different, one genetic disposition from reevaluating the people around you.

Remember all these people that cause gun violence, mass murders or simply make the wrong choices were once law abiding citizens, something all gun owners fail to acknowledge. We are all susceptible to mental disorders, a gun does not protect you from this. But if, in all likely hood at some stage in your life, are victim to a mental disorder, no matter how big or small, I would rather you didn't possess a gun when it happens. I am not ignorant enough to believe I am immune to what most people suffer.
You are one affair away from this dramatic cognitive change, one loss of someone close to you, one job redundancy, one bankruptcy away, the list is never ending. You are at the mercy of your hormones and how your dorment primal urges dictate your cognitive function.

I can acknowledge this. People that feel they are doing a social justice for the masses cannot. The fact you feel you are doing a service to the public, to me, shows me you see the world in a completely different way, and in my opinion, already have the characteristics that will help promote paranoid thoughts if your mental state was ever to decline, like most people.

And for the record please please please, like many others on ATS, don't ever tell me you are protecting me when you have a gun, as though I rely on your insecurities as some form of protection. People with knifes would say the same but you would think they are crazy. I'm not sure if this self righteous attitude stems from the educations system, the constitution or a combination of all of the above with insecurities, but please be aware you are completely wrong and delusional if residing in this perspective.

This is not a troll post, this is out of frustration from ass hole type mentalities that will eventually cost me my life, not save me. Not directly at you, but to all the people who have posted similar delusions of grandeur type responses.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
You do realise I can simply reverse everything you have typed and it be equally valid right?

People with guns prevent crimes, I put it to you that people with guns cause more crimes than ones prevented. Ok I'll stop...your response is far to easy unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Perfect response apart from the usual comparisons of cars. You admit you do it for your own needs and not for the needs of others around you. I would never be wary of you because you don't treat it as a noble cause. Thankyou.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

It's that mentality that doesn't scare me, but I have to be very weary of. You feel because you have a gun it's your obligation to protect the vulnerable. Taking the law into your own hands in some sort of vocation?how could you possibly help me? If someone pulls a gun out on me and attempt to rob me, you would shoot him? Be the saviour of the masses?

I don't feel obligated to protect anyone. Obligation and ability are two different things. In many states defending yourself and others IS the law. If I see someone using a gun to commit a crime maybe I would intervene, maybe I wouldn't. If I see someone open up in a shopping mall? Yes, I will act if I have a clear shot. I am not the savior of the masses. I am just one man who might be able to make a difference. I have no delusion of saving the masses.

As I have stated in other threads people with your rationale feel like you are immune from human urges and behaviour. You throw about phrases such as law abiding and sane as though you will never fall victim to depression, heart break and anger. You are one knock to the head away from seeing the world completely different, one genetic disposition from reevaluating the people around you.

I have already had my share of heartbreak and such. I am not immune to it. But I don't fold up like a paper doll every time something unpleasant happens in my life either. I even had a guy start throwing punches at me while I was carrying. Of course he didn't know that, but I did. I slipped his punches until he was tired and then quietly informed him that I could have shot him in self defense at any time and that would have been the end of it. He apologized for swinging at me. What you fail to recognize is that opportunity does not equate directly to action. I knew he was no threat to me, even while I was ducking his punches I knew he would never land one so there was no reason to hurt him. He simply wasn't a threat.

You are one affair away from this dramatic cognitive change, one loss of someone close to you, one job redundancy, one bankruptcy away, the list is never ending. You are at the mercy of your hormones and how your dorment primal urges dictate your cognitive function.

You make it sound like the whole world is one bad relationship away from losing control of their own actions. If that were truly the case then no one should have access to anything that could be used to harm themselves or others. Yes, the people who commit crimes were at one time considered law abiding citizens. But I would point out that there is a difference between a normal person and a psychopath that hasn't been caught yet. Everyone experiences a full range of emotions, but only a select few are influenced to extreme acts of violence. It is that difference that matters most.

I can acknowledge this. People that feel they are doing a social justice for the masses cannot. The fact you feel you are doing a service to the public, to me, shows me you see the world in a completely different way, and in my opinion, already have the characteristics that will help promote paranoid thoughts if your mental state was ever to decline, like most people.

The fact that I have the ability to protect a stranger in a time of need does not mean I feel compelled to do so. Ability does not mean necessity. I am not a public servant and I do not feel like I am doing a service to the public. You are projecting that on to me. I have the right to protect myself if need be. And if there is just cause and the opportunity to protect others as well, then I will consider that. You and I definitely see the world differently. And I can tell you right now, you do not have the mental make up of someone who should ever own or carry a firearm. You feel far to influenced by and victimized by your surroundings and your own emotions. You are describing exactly how "you" would deteriorate under duress and that would be your excuse for your behavior.

And for the record please please please, like many others on ATS, don't ever tell me you are protecting me when you have a gun, as though I rely on your insecurities as some form of protection. People with knifes would say the same but you would think they are crazy. I'm not sure if this self righteous attitude stems from the educations system, the constitution or a combination of all of the above with insecurities, but please be aware you are completely wrong and delusional if residing in this perspective.

Insecure, self righteous, delusional? Reading your post, and this is not just reflex, it seems that you are describing yourself more than me. Your entire post is riddled with insecurity. And the idea that you don't need protected by me or anyone else seems a bit self righteous. I really think you should become far more familiar with psychology before you start using words like that to describe people you have never even met. You are throwing around clinical diagnosis like you are judge and jury. No self respecting professional would ever dare to make these statements without first hand knowledge and experience with the person in question.

This is not a troll post, this is out of frustration from ass hole type mentalities that will eventually cost me my life, not save me. Not directly at you, but to all the people who have posted similar delusions of grandeur type responses.

I think this is particularly funny. You just spent a whole page calling me an insecure, self righteous, delusional, ass hole, but its not directed at me. And you say things like this to people and then state very clearly you are concerned that someone might reach a boiling point and it could cost you your life.

If you are truly concerned about that happening, here is some advice for you: stop calling people insecure, self righteous, delusional, ass holes and see if that doesn't smooth things out for you.

Project whatever you want on people but understand this about me: I have no desire to find myself in a situation where I might need a gun. I have no desire to shoot anyone. But if I find myself in that situation, where I can save myself, my family, my friends, or even a foul mouthed condescending ass hole stranger, I just might do it. And if someone else finds they are in a situation where they just might be able to save me, I hope they would consider it also.

And it is nice of you to remind me that there will always be people who couldn't care less about me or my family. Cowards who will gladly sit there doing nothing to help. It makes me feel much better about doing it myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
You do realise I can simply reverse everything you have typed and it be equally valid right?

People with guns prevent crimes, I put it to you that people with guns cause more crimes than ones prevented. Ok I'll stop...your response is far to easy unfortunately.

What I stated is accurate. More people with guns do not commit crimes than commit them. That's a fact. People with guns can and do prevent criminals from reaching their goals. That's a fact. That you can't handle it isn't my issue.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Perfect response apart from the usual comparisons of cars. You admit you do it for your own needs and not for the needs of others around you. I would never be wary of you because you don't treat it as a noble cause. Thankyou.

I think it is a noble cause though. In an area that urban rot has decayed the moral fiber of society I think carrying a gun does help protect those around you. The very idea that there may be armed people in the crowd makes criminals think twice. Why does thinking it is noble to protect others make one scary?

Just because where I live now is relatively free of crime doesn't change my mentality. I am, admittedly, a deterrent to crime simple because of my stature. I'm 6'4" and around 400 pounds. If I were 5'4" and 150 pounds I would probably carry even in this relatively crime free area. I don't just think of myself. I think of the people I work with and interact with every day.

Should somebody threaten my coworkers, or even the other shoppers in the grocery store, I will act to defend them in whatever capacity I can. If I were a smaller man that would be done with a gun. As things are I do it without one, but I will always put my life on the line if necessary to protect those around me. I don't want a medal, but I also don't want somebody to call me a nutcase or question my mental state. There are plenty of honest, and righteous, people carrying guns and they far outnumber the nutcases.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: davidporter89

You need to get a backpack/rucksack to carry other things in, actually, that should be before the last resort tools you have pictured here.

A good sleeping bag and mat that doesn't have to be inflated, several camo tarps and groundcloths, towels and other personal items which cache well ( earth tones to lessen the need to bury or require time and effort to hide).

Don't forget water, water purification systems are fairly easy to get as are containers. Many times I have used old gatorade bottles because they are tough to use for years and can be found along the road or lying around everywhere, plus they can be used for flotation.

I bought this...

A 9mm with a long barrel builds enough velocity to hit at 300 yards or more if you're not jittery, and 9 mm only weighs about 40 pounds per 1000 rounds.

A military surplus shipping case can be had for about $100, and can be buried. I found they can be hauled easily in a bicycle trailer or car trunk and everything I have listed here will fit in one case.

Anyway....

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: dazbog
1...I have apologised to the OP for the thread drift, although the question was already answered.
2...you are further creating a thread drift by responding and picking up on a joke and becoming emotionally involved on his behalf. Be more self aware in future.
3 I never apologise for a joke, if you don't have the ability to distinguish joke from plain insult that is unfortunately your problem, not mine.
4 grow up. Why are people on ats so adverse to jokes and turn them into social crimes. The t &cs haven't changed to my understanding. You haven't witnessed a social injustice so don't act like it. Really pathetic stance. Seriously.

Plus the OP has created a thread when he knows fine well the answer, when any sane person would ask the people he purchased it off before looking for validation on a conspiracy website. If he genuinely wanted to know rather than an announcement, you simply ask why from where u got it. Simple.

I strongly suggest you grow a pair and stop being offended on other people's behalf.

1 Thread drift ( hijack .) Questioning his mental state was insulting.

2 I didn't view your post as a joke. Considering the replies to your ill informed comments I'd suggest no one considered your smug reply amusing, if anything it was demeaning. So don't play that cute sissy crap with me !

" Plus the OP has created a thread when he knows fine well the answer , when any SANE person ............... " Just can't seem to get around that mental instability issue . Which bolsters my original claim that your post was not made in jest. I'm quite done with you.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You read similarly to the way I think...

When I look in the mirror (figuratively) I do not see myself, I see those who stand behind me and have allowed me to live my life through their favor and efforts.

That isn't only family and friends.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join