It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think RED MERCURY exists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What would you say if I told you that I found red mercury 9 hours ago?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'd like to see the evidence. After that I might say something.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Are you trying to imply that it is not real?

chemistry.about.com...

Read that. It should answer most basic questions abour RM.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would say, "Tell me more, else you should have kept your mouth shut in the first place."

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
oddly enough my brother goes to firefighting school in a place called Vermillion... i dont know why its interesting, but it is
Anyways, what the hell is this stuff used for?

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Super Strokey]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Okay, I'll elaborate a little. I am deployed Iraq and I cannot believe that the public statement saying that "we're done looking for WMD's". Let's just say that my patrol may have searched a car and found a cylindrical cannister made of 1" lead labeled "RED MERCURY-1KG" with hazard symbols all over it . And let's also say that we may have found about 20 laminated documents along with it, obtaining several chemistry equations, diagrams, charts, etc....depicting things that "would not be good for humanity". Also included in the documents were things like: "TOP SECRET", "FOR MILITARY USE ONLY", "EXTREMELY DEADLY WITHIN 1000 METERS", and so on.........

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pedigreechum
Okay, I'll elaborate a little. I am deployed Iraq and I cannot believe that the public statement saying that "we're done looking for WMD's". Let's just say that my patrol may have searched a car and found a cylindrical cannister made of 1" lead labeled "RED MERCURY-1KG" with hazard symbols all over it . And let's also say that we may have found about 20 laminated documents along with it, obtaining several chemistry equations, diagrams, charts, etc....depicting things that "would not be good for humanity". Also included in the documents were things like: "TOP SECRET", "FOR MILITARY USE ONLY", "EXTREMELY DEADLY WITHIN 1000 METERS", and so on.........

Is this for real? I am sure if what you say was true the US government would have let that leak to the media, if for no other reason then to say, I told you so, here is the proof.

BTW how does one post to message boards from Iraq? Mods might want to check the IP of this poster to see if he is really in Iraq, which I doubt.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The text was in English?
Was there Arabic or any other languages also?

Are there any products that would have the label 'Red Mercury'?
From the link given by Kidfinger, it sounds like an informal term that would be given to describe another material.

The article linked to below describes Saddam's possible 'Red Mercury' as the following:
"These are softball sized two-megaton fusion bombs triggered by an irradiated and compressed compound of mercury antimony oxide. This device doubles the nuclear yield with a hundredfold reduction of weight. Using heavy hydrogen instead of uranium or plutonium to fuel its explosive reaction, this hand-held nuclear weapon cannot be detected by U.S. sensors."
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Also, did it have a hazard code on it like the 1.1D that appears on some explosive materials?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Let's just say that my patrol MAY have searched a car and found a cylindrical cannister made of 1" lead labeled "RED MERCURY-1KG" with hazard symbols all over it .

come on guys he cleary said that MAY inplying that this is a WHAT IF situation.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Ohgr]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think he may be F.O.S

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I think he may be F.O.S

I'm with you Ace. I'm going to have to raise the infamous B.S. Flag on this one.

Follow me on this one:
Why would a Russian originated chemical
Have an English title
if it was in Iraq?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am deployed Iraq and I cannot believe that the public statement saying that "we're done looking for WMD's".

You are deployed in Iraq right now as we speak? Where do you access the Internet from?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I bet he found a suitcase with a nuke in it too, and when he looked inside it said "this suitcase nuke is the property of Saddam hussein do not touch"
And "if lost please return to...." etc, and MAYBE a big box labeled "Saddams secret WMD" LOL

Geez even George "DUH-bya" Bush knows they are hidden in Syria !

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Be ready to eat your words....for those of you who are doing the trash talking. You'll see soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
man pedigreechum sounds like you have some suppresed anger you need to see somebody about.

and like i said earlier the guy never said he raided some civilians car, he said MAY meaning WHAT IF

but i think he's F.O.S. about being in iraq. who would want to get on the internet when a car could crash through and kill you, i'd be on my toes 24/7

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The soldiers in Iraq have Internet access, they e-mail friends and relatives all the time. I hope he's right and this info comes out.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've seen many soldiers in Iraq posting on message boards, writing blogs, and e-mailing me.. they have computer rooms with internet access. A little common sense please.

I don't really know that I believe the guy either. No one can say either way until there's some sort of proof, but wouldn't it be hilarious if this showed up in the headlines tomorrow, right after the closing of the WMD search?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The soldiers in Iraq have Internet access, they e-mail friends and relatives all the time. I hope he's right and this info comes out.

did not know that...

and for the last time HE SAID HE DIDN'T RAID SOME IRAQ PERSONS CAR HE SAID WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ohgr
and for the last time HE SAID HE DIDN'T RAID SOME IRAQ PERSONS CAR HE SAID WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF!!!!!!!!

Ohgr, do you even read entire threads or just the first post?

The author stated:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join