It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian PAK-DA "stealth" bomber is serious slow mo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: drwire

The engines make a lot of difference. Those numbers will change though as time goes on.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Except that it doesn't happen that way. With either the B-2 or with this aircraft. The radar horizon is approximately 250 miles. A B-2 can be detected, using the most optimistic estimates, at 100 miles. Realistically, it will be less than that.
edit on 12/23/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The concept of stealth is not exactly a new one as pictured below .

And was it not a Russian that did most of the calculations behind stealth .

Who is to say that the Russians arent years ahead of the west . The night hawk was hidden for how long , then there are the rumours of the green lady .

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The green lady strikes me more as a "catch me if you can" type.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

The above plane most likely would have been as well . Not bad for WW2 .

In the early days of WWII, Germany mounted an air assault on Great Britain as part of its “Blitzkrieg” battle plan. Known as the “Battle of Britain”, British forces were able to mount a defense against the German Air Force, known as the Luftwaffe. This was due to a rather new technology known as Radio Detection and Ranging. This new “RADAR” helped the British forces to have ample warning of an impending Luftwaffe attack. The warning time allowed the Royal Air Force (RAF) to mount an air defense over Great Britain. From July 10th until October 31st 1940, Adolf Hitler, the leader of Germany, tried to break the British air defense. After losing priceless manpower and aircraft, Hitler surrendered his attempt to take England and looked to his prized research and design firms to find a way to break through the British Radar Shield. One such firm was founded by the brothers: Walter and Reimar Horten. They proposed that if an aircraft had little to no right angles then a radio wave could not be reflected back at the home station. Using this theory they constructed the Horton HO 229, which first flew in December of 1944. The 229's skin was made with carbon-impregnated plywood, which was believed to absorb radar waves. This, along with the shape of the aircraft would have made the 229 virtually invisible to the radar systems of the day. Fortunately for allied forces the aircraft was never sent into service due to the factory being overrun by American forces in April of 1945. When allied forces discovered the plane they were astonished by the technology and found that the 229 was merely a test platform for a much larger plane that could have been capable of a trans-Atlantic flight. The larger 229 was to be developed to carry an atomic payload to cities on America’s eastern seaboard. Even though the HO-229 never saw combat many still regard the 229 as the first stealth fighter to ever take flight.

Sorry about the wall of text , my quote button is on the blink .

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
double
edit on 23-12-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

So the Russians are building aircraft that they are having trouble keeping in the air, and engines that are unreliable to hide the fact that they're years ahead of everyone else?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I own 3 cars , 2 are crap , the other works just fine . Can you categorically say that the Russians dont have a high tech black plane that uses stealth . It is not likely they are going to advertise it . Perhaps the white planes they have or are planning suffer from reduced budgets because of a black plane . It was only something i threw out there . This is ATS right .
edit on 24-12-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They need serious looking at their engine tech and bring things up to current standards.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Of course they probably have something at least in design/development. But ahead of the West, extremely unlikely, bordering on no chance.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
Picture link.

Interesting pic, that. Looks kinda familiar. Chasing a rabbit there, Ivan?

Anyways...

KRET has sent the proposals for the avionics for the PAK-DA to Tupolev.

The Russians still claim they will have the first flight of the PAK-DA in 2019 and begin testing in 2021. The gap /could/ be they are going to build the airframes without the final avionics in place and then swap in the real ones. I'd speculate they could be doing so because their modsim capabilities are not great.

However, that'd be possible ONLY with a good economy and money flowing from oil. Oil prices I keep hearing are going to hit $30/barrel. If so, I do not see how the Russians could afford this unless they are going to get someone else to foot the bill (re: PAK FA and India).

That is an image of a Northrop civil flying wing concept: www.nasa.gov...

ROFL.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Pretty lazy methinks.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Question remains , can anyone categorically say that the Russians dont have secret stealth planes up their sleave that the west might only have hints about . I need a yes or a no . Doubtful maybe or unlikely dont count as answers . Hint , dont know counts as an answer .

3 replies came before i posted this , question still remains .
edit on 24-12-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Can we stop treating paintings or concept images on advertisements or news websites as gospel or as the actual design of the aircraft involved?

This is the 2nd time people have done so. They're not going to put the secret design in a concept image then post it on ruaviation dot com.
edit on 24/12/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This picture come from a Northrop concept see on the web for futur civilian airplane concept nothing to see with the Pak Da.
edit on 24-12-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Russia has only recently become interested in building stealth aircraft. That's one reason the T-50 has had the problems it has had during development.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

That is an image of a Northrop civil flying wing concept: www.nasa.gov...

ROFL.

look a "green lady" Lockheed Martin design for NASA.

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 24-12-2015 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

If that's the consensus, I'll abide.

The reason I did post that was it's pretty telling on where the PAK-DA really is. Not the image, which I'm laughing about pretty hard this morning, but the fact where they are: barely out of the gate with the proposals for the avionics rather than having bent metal. Saying 'laid carbon' doesn't sound nearly as good, but might be more accurate.

The Russians publicize everything because it has become a media war, a war of perception, to convince everyone of how powerful they are, while hiding their still extraordinary weakness. They want everyone to view them as the peer of the US when in reality, they get away with what they do because the US treats them with kid gloves.

My bet is the Russians have built some black project x planes of different types, but the killer for ANY stealth aircraft is really quality control in manufacturing. That'll kill you every single mike foxtrotting time.

In the future, I'll make sure to stick the picture in google image search first to see if it comes up elsewhere and, as I said, I'll abide by the consensus on whether or not to post links like the above.

edit on 24-12-2015 by anzha because: left in dangly bits.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Because it's an image of a Northrop Grumman proposal.. LOL!
RT continues to be lazy..

sploid.gizmodo.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: spy66

a reply to: anzha

It kinda reminds me of a plane I've seen elsewhere, just a little lighter in color and less stealthy.

Is it really less stealthy to ground radar? I dont think so.

You have the specs of this yet to be built plane to back that assessment up? I'll admit I was making an assumption with zero evidence to back it up other than the US invented stealth tech.

You are making two assessments... There are People who would argue if the US were the once who invented stealth.

The reason i say this is a stealth bomber when it comes to ground radar, is because of where the intakes are placed. And a ground radar sends it's radar signal from the ground and up. That means the intakes would be hidden from a ground radar signal. I hope i dont have to Draw a line on the image to show this to you?

Who would argue it? Who else has had the tech since the 60's?

Also I can see where the intakes are on the artist's concept of the plane. You know there's a whole lot more than where the intakes are placed when it comes to stealth tech right?

I'll try and dig it out, but the Brits got RAM from some nazi research. I agree the Americans have taken the shapes to the next generation and the next, we just can't afford to build and field Strategic bombers. But in the 60's, the RAM was ours. Even flex a Canberra with it painted on.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't mention the Brits but does the Germans in WW2.
edit on 25 12 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join