It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Rape cases in Sweden have increased 1400% in over 20 years.

Sweden is now the rape capital of the West.

Please explain that.

A little basic research would explain that perfectly.

Firstly, Sweden have had a huge anti-rape campaign recently, obviously resulting in more reported cases.

Also, Sweden have changed the way they report rape. As in a women can now claim she was raped by her husband every night for the last 15 years and that would show up on the statistics as 5475 rapes.

Its the same thing as how Australia has one of the highest kidnapping stats in the world. At first glance you would think Australia has a huge problem with kidnapping... Yet if you look further into it, you'll see that the second a mother contacts the police and says the father has kidnapped the kids, its counted on the stats as a kidnap, whether charges are laid or not.

When statistics seem abnormally high, all you need to do is research how the stats were clocked... 9 times out of 10, you'll find the method for gaining said stats are completely flawed.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

No, Sweden is the rape capitol of the west because the Muslim immigrants are raping Swedish women. Your statistic gathering explanation aside, Muslims rape women, it's just what they do.

Actually, if you look at rape stats in general, by ethnicity, white women are always getting raped by dark skinned people, relatively speaking. As opposed to the other way around. White men tend to rape colored women at a minuscule rate. So, based on these numbers, if you are a white guy that supports non white immigration into your country. You are supporting the raping of women.
edit on 22-12-2015 by hammanderr because: Wording

edit on 22-12-2015 by hammanderr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

so your religion makes you rape someone
how ?

people are somehow terribly mixing up culture and religion

I am not Muslim but here we go from Quran

In addition to condemnation of the sexual crime involved in rape as we can see above, God strongly condemns the oppression element of rape in the strongest possible language. God, in the Quran, describes oppression as "worse than murder." This puts rape among the worst crimes committed by a human being in the sight of God.

God strongly condemns any kind of sexual relationships out side of marriage.

[Quran 5:5] …….. You shall maintain CHASTITY, not committing adultery, nor taking secret lovers. Anyone who rejects faith, all his work will be in vain, and in the Hereafter he will be with the losers.
[Quran 24:30] Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their CHASTITY. This is purer for them. God is fully Cognizant of everything they do.
[Quran 24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their CHASTITY.
About the believers; God teaches us:

[Quran 23:5] And they maintain their CHASTITY.
And in Sura (Chapter) 70, again:

[Quran 70:29] They keep their CHASTITY.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

RAPE is a CRIME full stop

if you rape someone nobody should be pointing out your religion or culture.. you are disturbed person full stop

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The West has been totally naive about allowing immigrants from vastly different cultures onto our streets without any idea of what is OK in Western culture and what is not.

What is reprehensible is that our Governments all have Embassies in the countries immigrants come from, so are well aware of the difference in culture especially regarding rape etc so would have known about the risk especially muslim men pose to our women and children. We have enough problems with rapists from our own culture so don't need to import ones that are pious about it.

The fact governments have done absolutely nothing to educate and warn immigrant men on their arrival here that their behaviour will not be tolerated and neither is it acceptable has played a part in the rape and grooming of these women.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
White men tend to rape colored women at a minuscule rate. So, based on these numbers, if you are a white guy that supports non white immigration into your country. You are supporting the raping of women.

Man, I had A 'white' dude bragging to me not so long ago, how he'd raped some chick... But how there was nothing the police could do about it, since he didn't put a bruise on her, so there for it was he's word against her's.

I think you need to wake up and get a dose of reality, mate... It happens constantly! Its disgraceful and has nothing to do with Muslims!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

so your religion makes you rape someone
how ?

people are somehow terribly mixing up culture and religion

I am not Muslim but here we go from Quran

In addition to condemnation of the sexual crime involved in rape as we can see above, God strongly condemns the oppression element of rape in the strongest possible language. God, in the Quran, describes oppression as "worse than murder." This puts rape among the worst crimes committed by a human being in the sight of God.

God strongly condemns any kind of sexual relationships out side of marriage.

[Quran 5:5] …….. You shall maintain CHASTITY, not committing adultery, nor taking secret lovers. Anyone who rejects faith, all his work will be in vain, and in the Hereafter he will be with the losers.
[Quran 24:30] Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their CHASTITY. This is purer for them. God is fully Cognizant of everything they do.
[Quran 24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their CHASTITY.
About the believers; God teaches us:

[Quran 23:5] And they maintain their CHASTITY.
And in Sura (Chapter) 70, again:

[Quran 70:29] They keep their CHASTITY.

No religion does not make anyone do anything. EVER one always has a choice.
That said is the government of Norway bigoted for making refugees take this class?
Would the government of Norway be doing this if it were not necessary?
" “Men have weaknesses and when they see someone smiling it is difficult to control,” [Muslim refugee Abdu Osman] Kelifa said, explaining that in his own country, Eritrea, “if someone wants a lady he can just take her and he will not be punished,” at least not by the police."
So if they are not going to get punished by the police in their own country for raping a woman is that because of culture or religion?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

White men tend to rape colored women at a minuscule rate. So, based on these numbers, if you are a white guy that supports non white immigration into your country. You are supporting the raping of women.

Man, I had A 'white' dude bragging to me not so long ago, how he'd raped some chick... But how there was nothing the police could do about it, since he didn't put a bruise on her, so there for it was he's word against her's.

I think you need to wake up and get a dose of reality, mate... It happens constantly! Its disgraceful and has nothing to do with Muslims!

Do they have a special class to teach people in your country to teach people that rape is wrong?
Is the nation of Norway bigoted for holding such a class?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

No, Sweden is the rape capitol of the west because the Muslim immigrants are raping Swedish women. Your statistic gathering explanation aside, Muslims rape women, it's just what they do.

Actually, if you look at rape stats in general, by ethnicity, white women are always getting raped by dark skinned people, relatively speaking. As opposed to the other way around. White men tend to rape colored women at a minuscule rate. So, based on these numbers, if you are a white guy that supports non white immigration into your country. You are supporting the raping of women.

A Poe surely?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

So long as this campaign you speak of is directed at everyone, then no it is not bigoted.

But if its directed specifically at Muslims, with the perception that white people don't usually commit rape... Then yes, its extremely bigoted, as well as deluded and naive.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

As I read the story it is for incoming refugees so they understand that rape is illegal.
hotair.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
this is a global crisis

let's replace those "violent raping Muslims" and picture a crisis

let's say somewhere in the world suddenly thousands of violent agreessive dangerous animals were disturbed out of the habitat and started spreading into civilian areas what do you do

what is being done is that each nation offers accomodation to the captured ones.. If one of these wild aggressive beasts jumped out of a cage and attacked a human it is a terrible tragedy but it doesn't mean you go and kill each and every one because there is a possibility this will happen again (obviously they need to be under stricter control)

it is an unfortunate situation

but I praise each nation that offers a helping hand despite the risk imposed on their citizens it's is a generous gesture

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

But if its directed specifically at Muslims, with the perception that white people don't usually commit rape... Then yes, its extremely bigoted, as well as deluded and naive.

Whoever said anything about the "perception that white people don't usually commit rape"?
(Although it is true that people in general - at least in Europe - do not USUALLY commit rape.)

The difference, the HUGE difference, is that those "white" people - more precisely, people of any "color" raised in any modern country, as European countries are - don't need instruction that rape is wrong. They know that - yes, even the rapists know that, or at the very least they know that society at large and the LAW consider it wrong.

Judging by those quotes, that is not the case in Eritrea and some other countries, so of course they need instruction.

Disingenuousness helps nobody.

edit on 22-12-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

this is a global crisis

let's replace those "violent raping Muslims" and picture a crisis

let's say somewhere in the world suddenly thousands of violent agreessive dangerous animals were disturbed out of the habitat and started spreading into civilian areas what do you do

what is being done is that each nation offers accomodation to the captured ones.. If one of these wild aggressive beasts jumped out of a cage and attacked a human it is a terrible tragedy but it doesn't mean you go and kill each and every one because there is a possibility this will happen again (obviously they need to be under stricter control)

it is an unfortunate situation

but I praise each nation that offers a helping hand despite the risk imposed on their citizens it's is a generous gesture

Seems to be localized to places where refugees have been taken in.
You did not answer my question as to culture or religion as you said people had them confused.
It is a unfortunate situation, more unfortunate for those on the receiving end.
Replace violent raping muslims with wild aggressive beasts? Really? I would bet no one would like to be referred to as wild aggressive beasts.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

That said is the government of Norway bigoted for making refugees take this class?

NO

NO

So if they are not going to get punished by the police in their own country for raping a woman is that because of culture or religion?

NEITHER but because they criminal jurisdiction is f**** up

I never referred to anyone I simply used a hypothetical scenario and asked how would you deal with such situation
edit on 22-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Alright, let's say the Swedes have changed their ways of reporting rapes.

Now back to the OP, why is Norway to offer formal education to immigrants about how wrong rape is, when there is clearly no connection between immigrants to rape at all? As you say, it's just society and it's the same everywhere.

I'm afraid you are not well informed brother, or you are simply an apologist surfing the political correctness wave.

Nevertheless, hidden or not, the truth remains true. There is a problem, one that most people same as you are unwilling to face.
edit on 22-12-2015 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have a solution for women in the Euro zone facing this rape crisis.
*travel in groups.
*travel armed.
*kill anything that advances as a threat.
do not show mercy, do not show fear, do not back down and do not only fire one round always double tap.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I agree with what you have been saying.
Rape culture has always been an issue, but with the recent surge of women activists has come a lot of changes in laws and how incidents can be reported.

I know personally two women who were taken advantage of, one full on raped, another on the cusp of it, but was sexually abused and got away. And it wasn't your stereotypical forced rape, it was your usual hanging out after a party or what have you.
They didn't report anything because it's a man's world and they were afraid people would say "they were asking for it".

And guess what both were sexually abused by white males.
Saying this is a purely Muslim issue is pretty naive as well. Rape can happen to anyone at any time.

But at the same time, there are areas of the world where it's more prominent like in Saudi Arabia. But guess what, India and China have way more women abuse and they don't have sharia law.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

NO

NO

NEITHER but because they criminal jurisdiction is f**** up

Criminal jurisdiction - as all other legislature - is not something autonomous that grows all by itself: it is a direct offspring of the cultural values predominant in a society at any given point.
(Additionally, in the case of islam religion IS the law: the Shar'ia law.)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
I have a solution for women in the Euro zone facing this rape crisis.
*travel in groups.
*travel armed.
*kill anything that advances as a threat.
do not show mercy, do not show fear, do not back down and do not only fire one round always double tap.

Assuming you are being serious (my apologies if you weren't):

- I am assuming you mean the EU or Europe in general, not the "Euro zone".
(Sweden and Norway are not in the Euro zone.)

- In most EU countries (as in Europe in general) fire arms are considerably more difficult to obtain and carry around than in the USA, for example.
(I have lived - still do - in several European countries, most of my friends and acquaintances are European, from very different backgrounds, yet I know NO ONE that even owns a fire arm.)

- There is no "rape crisis" in the EU/Europe.
(Yes, Europe is small, but not THAT small.)

And finally, on a more personal note: it'll be a cold day in hell when I travel in groups.

edit on 22-12-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join