It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush limbaugh: The severing from the Republican Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's the worst than can happen.

Wouldn't them winning be the worst that could happen?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The funny thing is, Rush always says he's an Entertainer.

No question about it. he knows his industry well.

Those that 'know' him can tell when he's jerking chains of various groups and when he is in his passionate mode.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: pavil
The tea party needs to finish off what they started and dismantle the leaders of the Establishment GOP.

They're trying. I don't think success is going to bring them what they're looking for though. Neutering their party isn't going to win them seats in Congress, and even if they can get some it's much easier to attack those in power than to justify why you should be allowed to remain in power. The whole argument is self defeating... if we elect people who want to dismantle the government, and they're successful it means they're out of a job, which means they're out of office, which means those who do want a government can reform it. Unless of course we create a totally dysfunctional government and put people in power just to make sure no government can ever form, which strikes me as the epitome of lunacy.

I, and many other Americans have no problem electing Republicans who want sane government but electing people who promise to destroy the very office they're being elected to is a really tough sell.

Yes, well the perception is the party is already 'neutered'.

The evidence is you and your ilk ignore the base. There IS no other explanation, no matter how one spins it.

Your 'dismantling' , 'dysfunctional' rhetoric actually translated to the Queen's English is, 'I want to keep my job, my power and all the perks, no matter what I have to do to achieve that, including ignoring those that entrusted me'.

I work for the donators...the BIG ones...the rest? Meh, lip service at election time.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.....

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Those that 'know' him can tell when he's jerking chains of various groups and when he is in his passionate mode.

Rush is a genius and a media giant. He knows his demographic and plays them like a virtuoso. He truly is the voice of the Right Wing and supports their candidates. In turn they buy the crap his advertisers sell. Perfect plan for a radio show. But....

Romney...Palin/McCain....how'd that work out?

Would a more compassionate Right do better come election time? Trump has got his supporters all fired up, I question if that will translate into votes come 16teen. But still the best damn show in town!!!
edit on 20-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Usually because his rants are entertaining to listen to. But hes also right on alot of issues. You can look at poloticians as entertainers too. they entertain lobbyist and bankers and "act" like they care about their constituents.

What i would liek to se is Rush activate his fan base and get them to help win the election for anyone but hillary.

The establishment reps and dems need to go. If not by election then by running them out on a rail.

The problem with Rush activating his base is the two-edged sword it produces. He does have a huge base. The problem being he has a huge percentile that hate him, as well.

Those two points counter each other will no real measurement of which out-weighs the other. He could end up doing more damage to his endorsee than help. That also puts him at odds with friends and other candidates that he respects even though disagreeing with.

Pointing out issues he agrees with as well as those he disagrees with in all the candidates has served him well.

You might be right though. It approaches the point where he may have no choice but to activate his base...
edit on 20-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Rush is a genius and a media giant. He knows his demographic and plays them like a virtuoso. He truly is the voice of the Right Wing and supports their candidates. In turn they buy the crap his advertisers sell. Perfect plan for a radio show. But....

Romney...Palin/McCain....how'd that work out?

Would a more compassionate Right do better come election time? Trump has got his supporters all fired up, I question if that will translate into votes come 16teen. But still the best damn show in town!!!

Rush never endorsed Romney, Palin-McCain. He did support them as the better choice over the left.

He has perfectly sorted out the Trump phenomena and admires many of Trumps moves, from what I can see. Most of all, he loves how Trump makes the Republican Establishment squirm.

While he has huge number 20-30 million listeners a show, that's still only approaching 10% of the population. He doesn't have THAT much influence overall. Just far more than any other one activist/pundit.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The third party idea won't change anything. Even if you look at the systems that require coalitions, the same groups align. If we have a third party, they are going to fall either right or left of center and in order to get anything done, they will go right back to caucusing together. Rush is just pissed the Rebuplicans actually did their job for a change instead of playing obstruction politics.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress
The third party idea won't change anything. Even if you look at the systems that require coalitions, the same groups align. If we have a third party, they are going to fall either right or left of center and in order to get anything done, they will go right back to caucusing together. Rush is just pissed the Rebuplicans actually did their job for a change instead of playing obstruction politics.

Seems that based on your post, you like the way things are, politically, and would keep them largely the same.

Your 'obstruction politics' places you on the left, officially or as a RHINO.( The difference being more semantical than anything.)

The base gave the Republicans the majority to promote right wing views and also block the left. Not to rubber stamp an Obama game plan.

Their job, as you call it, isn't what they were elected for. They will pay the price for down the road.

My question is, is it before the election or after when the outrage peaks?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

correct about Romney, my mistake

He has perfectly sorted out the Trump phenomena and admires many of Trumps moves, from what I can see. Most of all, he loves how Trump makes the Republican Establishment squirm.

While he has huge number 20-30 million listeners a show, that's still only approaching 10% of the population. He doesn't have THAT much influence overall. Just far more than any other one activist/pundit.

I guess my question is...

Even with Rush's support can Trumps macho strategy and pissedoff voters, garner enough support to be meaningful or is it a case of Trump running a sprint when it's actually a distance event. The MSM only focus on glitz and shiny for market share, Just like Rush. Or is there a plan that's just not apparent this early in the race.

As a CT devotee, I think we are in for a rough ride. So glad I don't have kids!!!

The neocons have something BIG in store for America!!!
edit on 20-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

He is the most powerful person in the political arena in the United States.

R O F L M A O!!!

You love you some Rush don't ya? Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

correct about Romney, my mistake

I guess my question is...

Even with Rush's support can Trumps macho strategy and pissedoff voters, garner enough support to be meaningful or is it a case of Trump running a sprint when it's actually a distance event. The MSM only focus on glitz and shiny for market share, Just like Rush. Or is there a plan that's just not apparent this early in the race.

Who knows?

I'm not sure Rush trusts Trump in a presidential role or not. He doesn't address the right's candidates in that fashion, as a rule. That becomes a form of endorsement, in and of itself.

Frankly, winning the candidacy is within Trump's grasp. I don't believe Trump needs Rush's support for that to occur. (Just a guess, on my part.)

To win the election? That's a different story altogether. There was even talk...just talk, that if Trump does win the candidacy, the Republican Establishment were looking at an independent candidate financed by the Republican Party!

That candidate would likely be Romney.

Rush actually voiced that one. He had some inside information sourced on it.

That might give an idea how desperate the Republican Establishment is. Let's not forget Jeb Bush was the dubbed 'next one'.....

The consequences of that move is obvious. Yet that level of desperate thinking doesn't change their behavior on the floor.

It is incomprehensible.

(Football time....

edit on 20-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Aazadan

We just need to find a group of George Washingtons.

No big deal. /sarc

I'm really only half joking though. We need to put people in office who really don't want the power but will go and do the job long enough to trim it down to size. Those people would do what needs doing regardless of if it curtails their personal power while they are there. The problem is that those people aren't going to seek office.

So how do you find the 435 Washingtons needed to get it done?

Perhaps your definition of who we need is flawed. Every other developed country on earth can somehow manage to put qualified people into office and run their governments competently. Why can't we? The big difference is that they don't elect people who run on a platform of trying to reduce the governments effectiveness.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That was his ratings during his peak. His current ratings, after a slide for a couple years now (largely due in my opinion to his embrace of the tea party) have fallen to 0.6 which puts him at under 2 million listeners.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

He is splitting the Republican party and their votes.

Thats BS the republican party has been splitting the republican party and they are the ones that allowed for an idiot like trunp to become their leading candidate.

Its years of the GOP talking republican but voting democrat that has republicans pissed.

Gop candidates have given the people:
1. Bigger govt with homeland security.

2. Fixed economy by allowing the govt to use tax payer money to bailout private corporations.

3. Less rights with the patriot act

4. More friendly corporate regulations like trying to undo net nutrality that screws the consumer.

5. No significant program cuts or tax breaks for the middle class.

6. Cookie cutter drone candidates like romney and rubio

7. Siding with big govt over state rights, like when they decided to make it illegal for a state to have the option to decide if they want to label GMO products.

Some Republicans are beginning to see the truth that there is no difference but rhetoric when it comes to GOP or DNC candidates.

edit on 321231America/ChicagoSun, 20 Dec 2015 15:32:05 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 341231America/ChicagoSun, 20 Dec 2015 15:34:50 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Aazadan

We just need to find a group of George Washingtons.

No big deal. /sarc

I'm really only half joking though. We need to put people in office who really don't want the power but will go and do the job long enough to trim it down to size. Those people would do what needs doing regardless of if it curtails their personal power while they are there. The problem is that those people aren't going to seek office.

So how do you find the 435 Washingtons needed to get it done?

Perhaps your definition of who we need is flawed. Every other developed country on earth can somehow manage to put qualified people into office and run their governments competently. Why can't we? The big difference is that they don't elect people who run on a platform of trying to reduce the governments effectiveness.

We're the nation that Constitutionally restrain Gov't and you cite all the rest. Name the nation that we should emulate in leadership. In gov't size/Constitution.

Perhaps it's your view that's flawed..

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: theonenonlyone

He is splitting the Republican party and their votes.

Thats BS the republican party has been splitting the republican party and they are the ones that allowed for an idiot like trunp to become their leading candidate.

Its years of the GOP talking republican but voting democrat that has republicans pissed.

Gop candidates have given the people:
1. Bigger govt with homeland security.

2. Fixed economy by allowing the govt to use tax payer money to bailout private corporations.

3. Less rights with the patriot act

4. More friendly corporate regulations like trying to undo net nutrality

5. No significant program cuts or tax breaks for the middle class.

6. Cookie cutter drone candidates like romney and rubio

7. Siding with big govt over state rights, like when they decided to make it illegal for a state to have the option to decide if they want to label GMO products.

Some Republicans are beginning to see the truth that there is no difference but rhetoric when it comes to GOP or DNC candidates.

Good copy and paste. Perhaps that's why the right wing of the party is fed up with you AND the republicans......

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I dont understand your post? Good copy and paste? I just wrote that from the top of my head and could have listed more BS from the GOP but Im on my cell.

Why is the right wing party fed up with the truth or me?

edit on 401231America/ChicagoSun, 20 Dec 2015 15:40:49 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I dont understand your post? Good copy and paste? I just wrote that from the top of my head and could have listed more BS from the GOP but Im on my cell.

Why is the right wing party fed up with the truth or me?

Trouble is with your 'post' is it's right off the Democrat template.

What you omit is when Obama had control of both houses, he either expanded or continued virtually every single item on your 'list'.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

There IS only one option left.

Sanders-Trump 2016.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No the problem is that you appear to be a political chearleader and in denial . Instead of arguing on the facts or disputing my points, your GOP defense mechanism kicks in and excuse what i say becuase you assume that Im a democrat.

What if i told you i voted and donated to ron pauls campaign and i think Obama was just as bad as Bush or what romney would have been.

I believe what this country needs now is smaller govt and lean towards republican ideals because of rampant corruption in dc. Why give them more power if they are corrupted.

The problem is that the GOP candidates are not republicans they have acted no different than the DNC candidates. I just see the truth for what it is versus pretending that the GOP is better.

Its political chearleaders as yourself that refuse to see the reality that have ruined our country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join