It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush limbaugh: The severing from the Republican Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Love him, hate him.

He is the most powerful person in the political arena in the United States.

He likely is the reason there is a 'right wing media'. He set the example that gave Murdock the door to start Fox. Virtually all the so-called Conservative radio and blog pundits owe their careers and the opportunity to voice their variations to media desires for more access to profit from similar views.

That right wing media has been the counter to the traditional media. Largely ineffective or, at best, limited in success.

Gone are the days that political leaders of the Republican Party call Rush Limbaugh. From Presidents and Vice-Presidents and other elected dignitaries regularly bent knee to this man.

Yet his following hasn't reduced. If anything it has grown over time. He has never come out and called for a third party yet his latest tirade, based on decades of frustration has led to this latest Pronouncement:

www.inquisitr.com...

If those on the left or the Republican Establishment continue to dismiss the right wing of the 'party', your about to receive a severe reality adjustment.

Likely his amused support for Trump will grow stronger...yet without endorsing him. An endorsement from Limbaugh is a two-edged sword that no one can predict, IMO.

The fight is about to reach a new level. Where it goes....you tell me. The possibilities are without end...as the consequences world-wide.
edit on 19-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Who?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
Who?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Like one of the replies said, "Even El Rushbo gets it now" ! with the decisions coming out of Washington's political parties no one should be their water carriers, now, in the future, or ever again. Tired of bad and worse choices for elections.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Like one of the replies said, "Even El Rushbo gets it now" ! with the decisions coming out of Washington's political parties no one should be their water carriers, now, in the future, or ever again. Tired of bad and worse choices for elections.

He's been circuitous about it, but he 'got it' long ago. Perhaps long before us. He's been patient, as we have been.

Zero change despite grass-root empowered election results. The arrogance in both parties?

Unbelievable.

There IS only one option left.

The third party...and be damned the potential consequences.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Correct in realizing that Trump is doing nothing for party and is basically handing over election to Dems.

Trump is doing nothing for that party and uniting Liberals of races/religions/sex/sexuality.

It will be nothing like the midterm...where only 1/3 of people voted...but will a unity like no other.

Seen it happen in Canada, Harper said and did too much stupid things that it united Liberals come out in force to vote him out. It brought out communities that never vote or rarely ever did to make sure he did not get in.

He is splitting the Republican party and their votes.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Rush has changed his tone over the years as I've been listening to him. He's been in the corner of the party for along time, but that has changed. He's become less and less fond of them as they've stopped giving anyone reasons to think they are anything like an "opposition." When the minority is doing victory laps over how they got everything they wanted in the latest budget deals ... well, explain to me why you bother to support one party over another. They both seem to be the same.

He sees that now where maybe he didn't before.

However, I don't think he exactly endorses Trump. He just explains why Trump has so much support. A lot of people mistake that for support.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In a 'democracy' people there can only be two.

A majority, and A minority.

That only gives two options.

A third party just takes votes away from one leaving the other as a victor.

In essence making it easier to win.

Do you really think what's going on with the Sanders, and Trump camps is going to 'upset' institutionalized, decades ingrained in American psyche ?

We have for decades been conditioned to vote for either RED, or BLUE.

It would take someone MASSIVE to over come that.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Did he actually SAY there should be a third party?
What I heard, was that he said something like "with Republicans giving Democrats everything they wanted in the budget agreement, there may as well not even be a Republican party."...i.e. Republicans cave to Democrats too often.

Limbaugh hasn't endorsed anyone...but he apparently is rooting for Trump and Cruz.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Rush has changed his tone over the years as I've been listening to him. He's been in the corner of the party for along time, but that has changed. He's become less and less fond of them as they've stopped giving anyone reasons to think they are anything like an "opposition." When the minority is doing victory laps over how they got everything they wanted in the latest budget deals ... well, explain to me why you bother to support one party over another. They both seem to be the same.

He sees that now where maybe he didn't before.

However, I don't think he exactly endorses Trump. He just explains why Trump has so much support. A lot of people mistake that for support.

I don't think he endorses trump either. So far, it's more been like a impish delight in how it flummoxed the Republican Establishment. Now? I don't know.

I don't see any statement from Trump that targets the Republican Establishment, either. I suspect he doesn't fully like, trust or back any of the current Candidates. That's just speculation on my part, however.

It raises the possibility of a massive non-vote by the right wing of the population.

I'm guessing, again...still, that he HAS to propose an alternative down the road. What that might be?

I'm not smart enough to track where's he's going with this. It is deliberate, however......

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If there is going to be a third party...it should be Sanders.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Did he actually SAY there should be a third party?
What I heard, was that he said something like "with Republicans giving Democrats everything they wanted in the budget agreement, there may as well not even be a Republican party."...i.e. Republicans cave to Democrats too often.

Limbaugh hasn't endorsed anyone...but he apparently is rooting for Trump and Cruz.

No, he did not.

That's my assessment. Which is worth nothing in the scheme of things.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Neil Bortz all the way

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In a 'democracy' people there can only be two.

A majority, and A minority.

That only gives two options.

A third party just takes votes away from one leaving the other as a victor.

In essence making it easier to win.

Do you really think what's going on with the Sanders, and Trump camps is going to 'upset' institutionalized, decades ingrained in American psyche ?

We have for decades been conditioned to vote for either RED, or BLUE.

It would take someone MASSIVE to over come that.

Agreed. Now add in whether that is exactly what is needed....or the worst thing that could happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well what the worst that can happen is a repeat of Germany in the 1930s

When the DAP became the NSDAP.

A third party was created over nite, and was swept in to power, and it didn't turn out so well.

That's the worst than can happen.

What will happen ?

Anyone's guess.
edit on 19-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

He already addressed this on his show...saying it was distorted from what he said on his show about Republicans having both houses of congress and still giving Democrats EVERYTHING they wanted in the budget agreement. He wasn't serious...he was using sarcasm to make a point.

If anyone is interested, here is the FULL and UNEDITED Transcript of his program discussing this:
www.rushlimbaugh.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The problem is that a massive non-vote by the right is just like we don't exist, so they GOPe can content themselves that we really don't matter and they proceed to ignore us and pander to the same demographics the Democrats are always kissing up to + big business.

There needs to be a way short of naked revolution to express the true numbers of the dissatisfied in the nation and a third party run would do that if it garnered enough support because a third party vote tally is the amount of people who want to vote, would vote, but can't stomach voting for the candidates the establishment is putting on offer.

If both Sanders and Trump ran third party, it would roundly upset the safe little apple cart of American electoral politics for one cycle.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He already addressed this on his show...saying it was distorted from what he said on his show about Republicans having both houses of congress and still giving Democrats EVERYTHING they wanted in the budget agreement. He wasn't serious...he was using sarcasm to make a point.

If anyone is interested, here is the FULL and UNEDITED Transcript of his program discussing this:
www.rushlimbaugh.com...

Pure and utter Bull on your part. Not sarcasm whatsoever. His mantra for years. If one even gives him an occasional listening, one would know that without any reservations at all.

He IS serious as a heart attack....and so is the Grass Roots...

Much, much more is around the corner.

It is the end of an era......

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The Republicans have forgotten the hand that feeds them. They are now are the Progressive Light party and not representative of the old base. Conservatives are frustrated and fed up. It is time for them to put their money on a new party because the Republicans are lost.

They can't out-liberal the liberals, but they don't represent the people anymore. I have no idea who Republicans are trying to represent anymore. They are about to become irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I listen regularly. The sarcasm was regarding disbanding the Republican party.
His points regarding Republicans in congress were on target and very serious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join