It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush limbaugh: The severing from the Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: nwtrucker

The Republicans have forgotten the hand that feeds them. They are now are the Progressive Light party and not representative of the old base. Conservatives are frustrated and fed up. It is time for them to put their money on a new party because the Republicans are lost.

They can't out-liberal the liberals, but they don't represent the people anymore. I have no idea who Republicans are trying to represent anymore. They are about to become irrelevant.

The way of the Whigs seems likely.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I listen regularly. The sarcasm was regarding disbanding the Republican party.
His points regarding Republicans in congress were on target and very serious.

Ok, that clarifies it. You didn't refer the specifically to the 'disbanding' of the party. Obviously that isn't likely or even desirable, from the viewpoint of success or even value.

The general comments do, however, take it to a new and higher level. Not much wiggle room left for him to go without a major event.

I believe he also is constrained at some level as well.

I hereby REFUSE to call myself Republican. I did that decades back as a Democrat and now add these cowards to the same trash bin.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I listen regularly. The sarcasm was regarding disbanding the Republican party.
His points regarding Republicans in congress were on target and very serious.

Ok, that clarifies it. You didn't refer the specifically to the 'disbanding' of the party. Obviously that isn't likely or even desirable, from the viewpoint of success or even value.

The general comments do, however, take it to a new and higher level. Not much wiggle room left for him to go without a major event.

I believe he also is constrained at some level as well.

I hereby REFUSE to call myself Republican. I did that decades back as a Democrat and now add these cowards to the same trash bin.

I'm still going to remain a proud Republican. It's the Establishment Republicans in congress who have abandoned Republican voters. Republican voters don't need to abandon the Party...but they DO need to abandon the Establishment Republicans who have already abandoned them.

That is why I find Cruz and Trump worth supporting.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

This is fantastic news, I am seeing a sea change in attitude toward the statist duopoly.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Political business as usual can't continue any longer. This country is on the edge of collapse and more of the same will destroy us.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

This is fantastic news, I am seeing a sea change in attitude toward the statist duopoly.

The danger is that the GOPe continues to garner just enough support to game the system and convince the mainstream into believing there really are only two parties and only two streams of thought, that the marginalized aren't that many or worth considering because they are a fringe.

At that point, is there a large enough marginalized group and will they/we get angry enough to finally resort to something beyond simple kvetching?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There needs to be a third and forth party to open new dialog. The entrenched establishment only want war and more war.
The masters of war want the ritual of blood and profit to continue unabated.
Can an alternative party stop the madness? I don't care if it comes from the right or the left.

edit on 19-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A third party is not a short term reality. It takes YEARS to develop. Our first 3rd party finally made it to the official opposition before the last election. Then was relegated to 3rd party again this fall. And they have been around over 50 years.

"Grassroots" is exactly the way to go. That starts in local politics. Mayors, counselors, etc. Vote the old guard out. Much easier than trying to start a new party. All it takes is a little organization and will.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
A third party is not a short term reality. It takes YEARS to develop. Our first 3rd party finally made it to the official opposition before the last election. Then was relegated to 3rd party again this fall. And they have been around over 50 years.

"Grassroots" is exactly the way to go. That starts in local politics. Mayors, counselors, etc. Vote the old guard out. Much easier than trying to start a new party. All it takes is a little organization and will.

The third largest political party in the US is the libertarians.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Adding one or two, even three parties somehow change the mechanism of subversion of the system?

I think not.

The purpose of a third party is to reflect the desires and will of the grass-roots. It would also fall prey to temptations sooner or later as any and ALL political parties inevitably do......

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Adding one or two, even three parties somehow change the mechanism of subversion of the system?

I think not.

The purpose of a third party is to reflect the desires and will of the grass-roots. It would also fall prey to temptations sooner or later as any and ALL political parties inevitably do......

Absolutely, the libertarian party are sort of the antithesis of a policy pressure group in that they wish to reduce and eliminate (or at least decentralize) the regulatory (and other) power which the other parties seek to control.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have to say that i am really happy to see people i usually debate come to an agreement about how bad politics are for us westerners. Heres hoping we can find more common ground and get these bought politicians out of power.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think not.

Absolutely, the libertarian party are sort of the antithesis of a policy pressure group in that they wish to reduce and eliminate (or at least decentralize) the regulatory (and other) power which the other parties seek to control.

I have a long list of problems with the 'Libertarian Party'. That's a bit off topic though.

I do respect your views, however, and acknowledge the honest attempt in improving our lot.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I think not.

I have a long list of problems with the 'Libertarian Party'. That's a bit off topic though.

I do respect your views, however, and acknowledge the honest attempt in improving our lot.

I appreciate that and back at you, good buddy.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The funny thing is, Rush always says he's an Entertainer.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In a 'democracy' people there can only be two.

A majority, and A minority.

That only gives two options.

A third party just takes votes away from one leaving the other as a victor.

In essence making it easier to win.

Do you really think what's going on with the Sanders, and Trump camps is going to 'upset' institutionalized, decades ingrained in American psyche ?

We have for decades been conditioned to vote for either RED, or BLUE.

It would take someone MASSIVE to over come that.

Not true. The number of parties that can run for president are inversely proportional to the minimum number of votes necessary to run. If you need 50% you'll get 2 parties, 33% 3, 25% 4, 20% 5, and so on. If the office merely goes to the person with the most votes and votes are awarded proportionally rather than all or nothing the system won't devolve into two parties.

This isn't as big a deal in other elections where that system isn't in place, but since the only election in the US that gets any media coverage (or anyone out to vote for that matter) is for president it tends to warp all of the other elections too.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

In all honesty, point to one achievement of the Republican controlled Congress that is a meaningful Republican victory. I Can't Nothing memorable.
Nothing.

The tea party needs to finish off what they started and dismantle the leaders of the Establishment GOP.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
The tea party needs to finish off what they started and dismantle the leaders of the Establishment GOP.

They're trying. I don't think success is going to bring them what they're looking for though. Neutering their party isn't going to win them seats in Congress, and even if they can get some it's much easier to attack those in power than to justify why you should be allowed to remain in power. The whole argument is self defeating... if we elect people who want to dismantle the government, and they're successful it means they're out of a job, which means they're out of office, which means those who do want a government can reform it. Unless of course we create a totally dysfunctional government and put people in power just to make sure no government can ever form, which strikes me as the epitome of lunacy.

I, and many other Americans have no problem electing Republicans who want sane government but electing people who promise to destroy the very office they're being elected to is a really tough sell.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We just need to find a group of George Washingtons.

No big deal. /sarc

I'm really only half joking though. We need to put people in office who really don't want the power but will go and do the job long enough to trim it down to size. Those people would do what needs doing regardless of if it curtails their personal power while they are there. The problem is that those people aren't going to seek office.

So how do you find the 435 Washingtons needed to get it done?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The funny thing is, Rush always says he's an Entertainer.

Usually because his rants are entertaining to listen to. But hes also right on alot of issues. You can look at poloticians as entertainers too. they entertain lobbyist and bankers and "act" like they care about their constituents.

What i would liek to se is Rush activate his fan base and get them to help win the election for anyone but hillary.

The establishment reps and dems need to go. If not by election then by running them out on a rail.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join