It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
1 Dassault Spirale
2 Lavochkin La-250
3Bloch 220
4 Mil V12 Homer (only Russian plane named in homage to Simpsons
)
5 Piaggio GP-180 Avanti

ooh another one!

6 Tupolev Tu-14 Bosun

Almost perfect, but number one is not completely correct...almost there.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In that case (picky picky
) it should be the pressurised version the MD 415 Communaute. I think 'Spirale' is a better name anyway

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As they now seem lost in the mists of time I will reveal that the two unidentified pics from my last lot were the Nord 2200 naval jet fighter and the Blackburn B.20, an interesting scheme to produce a flying boat with the same frontal area as an equivalent landplane by fitting a retractable hull.

Here are some more, am I being devious, lazy or just plain nasty?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
#1. Sukhoi SU-2
#2. Avro Canada C-102 Jetliner

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am sorry Waynos! Would you fogot somthing or because I am not good at English. Could you please tell me what are the last two? I can't found a answer that you've already given.

you 'd better make a list to show the answers every times for every game was ended

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

In that case (picky picky
) it should be the pressurised version the MD 415 Communaute. I think 'Spirale' is a better name anyway

Correct. Not picky, I was just letting you to show your knowledge...

5. Dornier Do 28.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
who cognize this one

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just want to say that I´m going out on vacations, so you won´t be seeing me for a while.

Please, keep this going!

Bye, see you in a week.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Veltro, correct. Sukhoi Su-2 and Avro Canada C-102 Jetliner

emile, the ones you ask about are the Armstrong Whitworth Ensign (airliner) and the Westland Westminster.

Peronemlin, correct Do 28, enjoy your holiday.

emile again, your pic looks like it used to be a Convair 240

[edit on 11-3-2005 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Veltro, correct. Sukhoi Su-2 and Avro Canada C-102 Jetliner

emile, the ones you ask about are the Armstrong Whitworth Ensign (airliner) and the Westland Westminster.

Peronemlin, correct Do 28, enjoy your holiday.

emile again, your pic looks like it used to be a Convair 240

[edit on 11-3-2005 by waynos]

No, I just post one photo, whereas your guess is wrong. This situation do not like Waynos who is a great person at aviation in my heart. I doubt who could help ?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Don't worry emile, that was just a silly mistake as I was tired, it is of course a Martin 4-0-4, the earlier 2-0-2 looked identical but didn't have a pressurised fuselage.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

answers to the last lot that went unguessed;

Rather cheekily, this was the Westland Westninster again, this time in flying crane guise, all those who scream 'copy' missed out there

this one was the Breda BZ.308, Italian post WW2 airliner, I even left the name written on the side! I've only just seen that

[edit on 12-3-2005 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
New challenge;

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The helicopter reminds me of a Sud-Aviation AS321 Super Frelon. The 'B-29' lookalike I thought I had seen before, namely the transport prototype variant of the Tu-4 'Bull'. HB-IZA is a Saab 2000 of course.

The truck underneath the Westminster is a Luton, Bedfordshire-built Commer Superpoise I believe.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Historian]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The Super Frelon and SAAB 2000 are correct, as may be the truck, I wouldn't know

I can't say anything about your other guess as you never offered a name for the plane, if you offer a name I can then say right or wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wikipeda quotes:

"The Tupolev Tu-75 was a transport variant of the Tu-4 bomber, using a new, purpose-designed fuselage. The first Soviet machine of this class, it was equipped with rear fuselage loading ramp. It was successfully tested, with its first flight on 21 January, 1950. It was not put into serial production because Air Force was not ready to accept such a machine.
The Tupolev Tu-80 was a modernized version of the Tu-4 bomber with improvements on aerodynamics such as wing area increase, aircraft systems, weapon and equipment. The work done allowed to increase designed flight range in comparison with that of Tu-4 by 20-25%. Its first flight was on 1 December 1949. However it is still not up to expectations and hence not produced".

I know nothing about Italian aircraft of WW2 but I was sure I knew the engine! May I suggest FIAT G55 Centauro for the single-engined fighter? Also FIAT CR.25 for the twin-engined natural-finish?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No, its not a Tu-75 (or Tu-80 which was a bomber in case that too was a guess). Also it is not related to the Tu-4 in any way which I suppose I could have said beforehand, sorry about that.

Also neither of the Italian ones are Fiats.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
waynos:

#2. Reggiane RE.2005 Sagittario

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yes, that is correct veltro

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I don't know whether someone who understand Gremman here could help me translate these letters below. Waynos, I know you are owner in this part, Excuse me, I want to know what these mean very much. Please help me translate this into English, that will hlep me to understand about the photo.

www.pmcn.de...

Als in den siebziger Jahren bekannt wurde, dass Grumman an einem Entwurf mit vorwärts gepfeilten Flächen arbeitete, überlegte ich, wie dieser Typ wohl aussehen würde. Dem entsprechend kam der Gedanke auf, wie ich als Konstrukteur bei Grumman die Sache angehen würde.
Klar war von Anfang an, dass nur ein Entenleitwerk in Frage käme. Klar war auch, dass die Tragflächen nicht einfach nur angesetzt sein konnten, sondern in aerodynamischen Straaks auslaufen müssten. Schwieriger war schon die Frage, ob ein- oder zweimotorig. Zwei Motoren brächten mehr Schub, aber auch mehr Widerstand. Des weiteren würde der höhere Treibstoffverbrauch eine größere Zelle bedingen. Ich unterstellte ein neues leistungsstarkes Triebwerk und daraus folgend einmotorig. Abschließend - da gerade erste Versuche mit CVV (control configured vehicle, auch mit einer deutschen F-104 erprobt) liefen und die Steuerung ohnehin "fly by wire" sein würde, erhielt mein Entwurf ein zweites Seitenleitwerk unten, mit dem die Maschine Seitwärtsbewegungen ohne kurven zu müssen, durchführen konnte (Das CVV-Konzept hat sich dann später bei den realen Maschinen doch nicht bewährt und wurde nicht weiter verfolgt).
Von diesen Überlegungen zu einem Modell war es natürlich nur noch ein kleiner Schritt. Die benötigten Teile musste ich mir allerdings erst zusammensuchen bzw. selbst fertigen. - Vorderrumpf F-5; Hinterrumpf F-100; Tragflächen F-100 umgekehrt; Flügel-Rumpfübergang und Straaks Eigenbau; Entenleitwerk Höhenleitwerk F-5 umgebaut; Seitenleitwerk A-5 unverändert; Hauptfahrwerk Eigenbau; Bugfahrwerk B-58 umgebaut; Fahrwerksklappen Eigenbau; Cockpit-Inneres und Cockpithaube Eigenbau.
Zum Foto (falls jemand auch so etwas machen möchte): Hintergrund blauer Karton mit kleinen Löchern an den entsprechenden Stellen, von hinten mit einer Lampe beleuchtet. Seitlich je ein kleines Lämpchen (aus Modelleisenbahnzubehör); Untergrund schwarzer Karton mit Klarsichtfolie ("Regennasse Fahrbahn") belegt. Gitterfilter auf Kameraobjektiv. Zeitbelichtung.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by emile]

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join