It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
emile, here is a word for word translation but it takes no account of grammatical differences, it should however be enough to pick up the gist of it, by the way, what about that picture you posted? You never said whether I was right?

"When in the seventies it admits became that Grumman worked on a draft also forward of swept surfaces, I considered, how this type would probably look. The thought arose accordingly to that, how I would concern the thing as a technical designer with Grumman. Clear it was from the outset that only one duck tail unit would be applicable. Clear it was also that the bearing areas could not be simply only set, but in aerodynamic Straaks to run out would have. More difficult already was the question whether in or twin-engine. Two engines would bring more thrust, in addition, more resistance. The moreover the higher fuel consumption would cause a larger cell. I subordinated a new high performance engine and from this following single-engine. Finally - there straight first attempts with CVV (control configured vehicle, also tested with a German F-104) ran and the control anyway "fly by wire" would be, received my draft a second vertical stabilizer down to have to circle with the machine lateral movements without to accomplish could (the CVV concept did not work then later with the material machines nevertheless and not further pursued). From these considerations to a model it was naturally only a small step. The necessary parts had I to however only together-look for myself and/or manufacture. - forward fuselage F-5; Hinterrumpf F-100; Bearing areas F-100 in reverse; Wing trunk transition and Straaks self-'s building; Duck tail unit"

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
thanks a lot for your translating, Waynos. In my opinion, anything that was you said is alwas correct, esp. on aeroplane, but this time, the web I was given below the photo show a name is Grumman Ratecat not is Rockwell Cabrebat. I think that right or not is not important, it is important that prove as U.S. has made much research to validate the FSW is not the best choice for the general capability of fightercraft, so this is the reason maybe explain why U.S. not choose FSW on their ATF(F-22). I doubt Suhkoi Cy-47 will be a failed design.
by the way, your translated is not complete. you could translate according the web I was already given.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by emile]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
emile, I never said that picture showed the Rockwell Sabrebat, in fact I am 100% certain that it doesn't as I know what the sabrebat looked like and that is not it. However while I don't know what the FSW in the picture you posted is I do know it used the fin of the RA-5C Vigilante

by the way emile, that other picture you have posted a couple of times is only an imaginary plastic model, not a real aircraft or even real project, which is why it has the made up name 'Rakecat'. It is the product of the imagination of german plastic modeller, not an aircraft corporation.

Here is the Sabrebat, which is a completely different plane to the one over the page

[edit on 14-3-2005 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Unanswered questions'
3 - Ilyushin Il-18

4 - Piaggio P.111

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It must be time for a new set.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
#1. Hurel-Dubois HD-34
#4. Avro Shackelton

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
the second is prototype of Su-27 called T-10
the last one you have already quized us before , that is MiG-21ye-8 Superfishbed. Do you remember this one?

[edit on 14-3-2005 by emile]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by emile]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
veltro; 1& 4 are correct

emile; yes I do remember, I often throw repeats in to see it people are paying attention
Look at the Westland Westminster, nobody guessed that at all and I used it twice in a couple of days
Also yes, the Sukhoi T-10 is correct as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How are you? Waynos! I can not find datum of the rest one. Could you give some clues?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I can'yt really give any clues to this one, I'm better off just revealing the answer. Its the North American YAT-28E and its based on a very well known trainer type, the T-28 Trojan.

Here are four relatively easy ones to be going with, but with a nice number 5 to tease a little;

[edit on 17-3-2005 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Waynos,

1) Do 217?
2) Shorts 330 Skyvan (I forget the US designation for it)
3) -
4) Dassault Atlantique
5) I am thinking something from either the Armstrong Whitworth or General Airspeed stables.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'll give you no2 it is the Short C-23A Sherpa, which is the military version of the 330, however it is not the Skyvan, that was a different plane.

The other one you got right was the Dassault Atlantique, though, referring to no 5, I don't comment on 'looks like something from ....or.... type guesses as it tends to give clues to ther people.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
ok the first one almost be given correct. it is He-217 chief
the 3th is Eurocopter NH90
the last one is very difficult to like Amstrong???

I have three post to hope you give answer

[edit on 17-3-2005 by emile]

[edit on 17-3-2005 by emile]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Waynos quiz
1: Heinkel He 177A Grief

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You are correct with the NH-90 emile but not the others. ajsr is right, it is the Heinkel He 177 Greif, although it should have been called 'Grief' because thats all it brought the Luftwaffe

Your two pictures show the manned prototype of the Jindivik target drone and a pair of Boeing Stearman PT-17, also known as the Stearman Kadet.

I'll have to have a wild guess at your middle pic, perhaps a Polikarpov Po-2? You see it falls outside my otherwise broad area of interest, being a flimsy biplane trainer and all that, hope you understand.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
who shall post me some photos of U.S. Douglas XSB2D-1? I only found two picture from internet which just copy from magazine and wrapper, but I hope get some clear photos. I guess no more photos to could be found from internet.(just XSB2D-1, not BTD-1)

For Waynos, shall you want to give the last one pic's answer?

[edit on 19-3-2005 by emile]

[edit on 19-3-2005 by emile]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The final picture in my last selection was the Westland Pterodactyl IV, the Pterodactyl VIII, as a matter of interest, followed the same aerodynamic layout but was to be a large airliner over half a century before the Boeing BWB was drawn.

For a change heres a selection of what can only be described as 'conceptual' types, most, if not all of them have featured in threads on ATS over the last few months, so who knows what they are and who has just got a good memory?

[edit on 20-3-2005 by waynos]

[edit on 20-3-2005 by waynos]

Dew

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
fourth pic is a Tu-135 (4 engined XB-70 analogue)
first pic should be a Dornier DO-31E, but that's not russian!? a-ha! Beriev B-32 concept '68

[edit on 20/3/05 by Dew]

[edit on 20/3/05 by Dew]

[edit on 20/3/05 by Dew]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh, no, why you take out the westland westminster again. Do you really think our memory is so bad?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Oh, no, why you take out the westland westminster again. Do you really think our memory is so bad?

Ha ha, you say that but it is the firsdt time it has been named, well done!

It looks a little different in that picture and I like it is why, that and I've nearly yused all my pictures up, look at how many pages this thing runs to now

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join