It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want War? Russia is Ready for War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is serious stuff people on ATS:

Please go to this link and read
www.counterpunch.org...

Pepe Escobar is a serious journalist not an Alex Jones hysteric.

And according to him we know now why the US is going full steam ahead in solving the Syrian war by basically following the Russian lead.

Also it seems Russia is playing VERY HARD BALL since Turkeys cowardly taking down that Russian plane:

Russia has placed ships and submarines capable of launching nuclear missiles in case Turkey under the cover of NATO decides to strike out against the Russian position. President Putin has been clear; Russia will use nuclear weapons if necessary if conventional forces are threatened.

If Ankara opts for a suicide mission of knocking out yet another Su-24, or Su-34, Russia will simply clear the airspace all across the border via the S-400s. If Ankara under the cover of NATO responds by launching the Turkish Army on Russian positions, Russia will use nuclear missiles, drawing NATO into war not only in Syria but potentially also in Europe. And this would include using nuclear missiles to keep Russian strategic use of the Bosphorus open.

Since mid-2014 the Pentagon has run all manner of war games – as many as 16 times, under different scenarios – pitting NATO against Russia. All scenarios were favorable to NATO. All simulations yielded the same victor: Russia.

And that’s why Erdogan’s erratic behavior actually terrifies quite a few real players from Washington to Brussels.

Indeed like most of us on ATS have mentioned this little Napoleonic complex having midget ErDOGan is playing with fire messing with Russia so his little jihad can take over Syria.

A great power, Russia, says BACK THE F___ OFF MIDGET!

You know like the US use to do to little countries like Granada, Panama, Iraq and Libya

Now Russia is playing hard ball

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Vladimir?
Is that you ?
I had no idea you had time for an ATS account.
so yeah, Go Russia !

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
But this is serious stuff folks for the US to let some tin pot dictator out of Turkey to involve the world in a NUCLEAR war Putin is threatening.

The Pentagon is very much aware of the tremendous heavy metal Russia may unleash if provoked to the limit by someone like Erdogan. Let’s roll out an abridged list.

Russia can use the mighty SS-18 – which NATO codenames “Satan”; each “Satan” carries 10 warheads, with a yield of 750 to 1000 kilotons each, enough to destroy an area the size of New York state.

The Topol M ICBM is the world’s fastest missile at 21 Mach (16,000 miles an hour); against it, there’s no defense. Launched from Moscow, it hits New York City in 18 minutes, and L.A. in 22.8 minutes.

www.counterpunch.org...

Bottom line folks it appears the US has gotten the message finally that Putin is putin( pun intended) an end to this BS going on in Syria and is ready to back it up!

Putin is making Syria another Cuba and won’t allow the US to do to it as it did to Saddam and Khadafy and is willing to go the extreme route to protect Syria.

Russian submarines – as well as Chinese submarines – are able to launch offshore the US, striking coastal targets within a minute. Chinese submarines have surfaced next to US aircraft carriers undetected, and Russian submarines can do the same

edit on 18-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Vladimir?
Is that you ?
I had no idea you had time for an ATS account.
so yeah, Go Russia !

I’m not for Russia; I’m for peace and to not letting neocons get away with murder for ever.

If you think this is a joke and you want to go to nuclear war over jihadists in Syria and Turkey go right ahead.

But like Russia did in Cuba, wasn't going to allow them to take it over after their revolution they are doing the same in Syria.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Take the nukes off the table and it is obvious there have been back-door agreements made between the US-co and Russia, with Saudi Arabia and allies splintering off.
There isn't enough support from NATO states to war with Russia over Syria and Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You see Putin can almost destroy Turkey and the US can't do anyhting.

Then Putin can cease and tell them to back off

And make peace but Turkey is destroyed and the world may be in a serious place

What is the US going to do?

If Turkey gets crazy again Putin will annihilate many of them

FOR WHAT?

The pride of ErDOGan and his little dirty war on Syria

It aint worth it folks

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sometimes a picture speak a 1000 words .

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You see Putin can almost destroy Turkey and the US can't do anyhting.

Then Putin can cease and tell them to back off

And make peace but Turkey is destroyed and the world may be in a serious place

What is the US going to do?

If Turkey gets crazy again Putin will annihilate many of them

FOR WHAT?

The pride of ErDOGan and his little dirty war on Syria

It aint worth it folks

Whoa! Slow down buddy! Diplomacy is not yet dead. They are still talking. I'm hopeful they will join together at some point. They really sort of have to.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Willtell
Take the nukes off the table and it is obvious there have been back-door agreements made between the US-co and Russia, with Saudi Arabia and allies splintering off.
There isn't enough support from NATO states to war with Russia over Syria and Ukraine.

I totally agree. And I hope were right.

To start a nuclear war for some filthy ignorant murdering jihadists in Syria for a tin pot dictator in Turkey would be a disaster

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Diplomacy is over. Putin has won. The US realizes he is serious and probably told erDOGan to back off.

I'm sure level heads will prevail.

But imagine if we had a barbarian like Christie as president?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

The idea is to avoid a nuclear war.

When one side determines that their interests are so vital and that the other side has been so sinister: war in Iraq, Libya, and now Syria, that the other powers that be( Russia and China) has to step in and STOP IT!

Remember Russia and China were conned over Libya

Apparently they don’t intend for that to happen again

You see it’s not about whose right or wrong in this instance, it’s about who has gone too far

And its clear the US and NATO have gone too far

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Under the old Soviet regime, I had some dealings with the Soviet military, while in the US military. Their military, like ours has professional warriors, and fortunately it is not the leaders that negotiate, it is the professionals in our state departments. And yes most of those folks are professionals.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Diplomacy is over. Putin has won. The US realizes he is serious and probably told erDOGan to back off.

Or any of the republican candidates. After listening to the debates, can you single out one other than Rand Paul who doesn't want war? (And yet, Rand Paul is not an option, he has too many other little quirks to be Prez.) In fact, I'm hoping some of them will start dropping out. All these candidates are getting old.

Just thinking about it, ugh. I need to go lie down for a bit.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Or any of the republican candidates. After listening to the debates, can you single out one other than Rand Paul who doesn't want war? (And yet, Rand Paul is not an option, he has too many other little quirks to be Prez.) In fact, I'm hoping some of them will start dropping out. All these candidates are getting old.

Just thinking about it, ugh. I need to go lie down for a bit.

Absolutely, this election is the very meaning of lesser of two evils.

Hillary, compared to all of those guys is Joan of Arc

And that’s just a commentary on them.

I agree Paul was good but he’s still a hard headed economic conservative who loves the rich and hates the poor

But compared to all of them he is Abe Lincoln

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Gee whizz, no sooner do we get 100xxx of countries..including Russia, agreeing to combat some kind of....let's call it Earth warming ffs, Russia is now the baby who's going to throw very big stones at Turkey, instead of the big stones they also have.
But, in case no one hasn't already noticed, Mr Putin is back in the fold, sorting out the IS and the er, Earth warming, and everybody please smile, and resume talking to Mr Putin and don't forget to give him a big hug and a kiss for the telly .

Erdogan on the other hand is, by this time, also going to be a, 'made man' soon....just like Joe Pesci was in 'Goodfellas'

Sheezzzzz

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

When one side determines that their interests are so vital and that the other side has been so sinister: war in Iraq, Libya, and now Syria, that the other powers that be( Russia and China) has to step in and STOP IT!

You see it’s not about whose right or wrong in this instance, it’s about who has gone too far

Riiiiiiight.

The guy saying "I'll totally nuke you in the event of a conventional threat" isn't the one who's "gone too far" in this scenario.

I should've brought my Putin bobble head to work today, dammit. Nobody ever tells me when we're going to bow down to him on ATS.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Riiiiiiight.

The guy saying "I'll totally nuke you in the event of a conventional threat" isn't the one who's "gone too far" in this scenario.

I should've brought my Putin bobble head to work today, dammit. Nobody ever tells me when we're going to bow down to him on ATS.

So America can get away with destroying millions of Iraqi children and now they are about to start on the Syrian children

And what can stop that ?

PUTIN

God bless him!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I know Turkey is part of NATO, but.. if they did something stupid that majority if NATO wanted no part in, they'd simply ignore the agreement. So long as Putin kept his response to Turkish positions.. i think NATO would let it slide.
edit on pm804318182015-12-18T20:04:04-06:00082015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Right,,, Russia & China are the reasonable power brokers.
What a joke that is.
That little sawed off SOB Putin is just there to keep his warm water Mediterranean port for his navy.
No sacred, altruistic or otherwise honorable reason for his intervention other than to maintain a part of his military infrastructure.

K~

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

This is serious stuff people on ATS:

Please go to this link and read
www.counterpunch.org...

Pepe Escobar is a serious journalist not an Alex Jones hysteric.

And according to him we know now why the US is going full steam ahead in solving the Syrian war by basically following the Russian lead.

Also it seems Russia is playing VERY HARD BALL since Turkeys cowardly taking down that Russian plane:

Russia has placed ships and submarines capable of launching nuclear missiles in case Turkey under the cover of NATO decides to strike out against the Russian position. President Putin has been clear; Russia will use nuclear weapons if necessary if conventional forces are threatened.

If Ankara opts for a suicide mission of knocking out yet another Su-24, or Su-34, Russia will simply clear the airspace all across the border via the S-400s. If Ankara under the cover of NATO responds by launching the Turkish Army on Russian positions, Russia will use nuclear missiles, drawing NATO into war not only in Syria but potentially also in Europe. And this would include using nuclear missiles to keep Russian strategic use of the Bosphorus open.

Since mid-2014 the Pentagon has run all manner of war games – as many as 16 times, under different scenarios – pitting NATO against Russia. All scenarios were favorable to NATO. All simulations yielded the same victor: Russia.

And that’s why Erdogan’s erratic behavior actually terrifies quite a few real players from Washington to Brussels.

Indeed like most of us on ATS have mentioned this little Napoleonic complex having midget ErDOGan is playing with fire messing with Russia so his little jihad can take over Syria.

A great power, Russia, says BACK THE F___ OFF MIDGET!

You know like the US use to do to little countries like Granada, Panama, Iraq and Libya

Now Russia is playing hard ball

So he's "playing Hardball". What is he doing. Give egs. please.

The evil neocons think this is nothing more than yet another effort to drive up oil prices, including his nuclear rhetoric.

Being a 'righteous' conservative, I believe your fear mongering and this reporter's views are pure Bull.

Is Putin approaching desperation? Perhaps. He's bankrupting the Russian economy with this effort in the ME.

He isn't there yet. This is too calculated-his norm- to be an act of desperation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join