It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want War? Russia is Ready for War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: greenreflections

I think the US and the allies have clearly told Turkey that they will not back them in their obvious and ridiculous hard shoulder to Russia, or am I wrong, did the world take a turn while I was asleep?

You are wrong. US distance itself from Turkey publically, to plan further vicious assults using Turkey 'Crazy Erdogan' as pre text to escalation.

You are not easy to influence, are you?

I disagree, that is opinion. So now, where are we?

you are probably too young. Never found yourself subject to deceit or fraud?

cheers

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: MegaSpace

yeah dude it was sarcasm. sorry i thought i made it obvious.

You did.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

Sorry, what?

Did you have a point to make about my disagreement of your opinion or were you trying to blow off a young kid like me with bull?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Putins not stupid. Russia learned from its past. Let the fools come all the way in, over extend themselves with long supply ones and too few, over priced, hi tech, wonder weapons.

Just add bitterly cold Russian winter and stir.

Frozen Nato sundae.

What exactly did Russia learn? The non-aggresion pact with Hitler screwed them, and now they think they have the real deal with China. Russia has a short memory... multiple fronts is the only thing that bailed Russia out. I think Russia is falling for the old 'rope a dope', and soon they will be singing praise to Mao in Moscow

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

a reply to: greenreflections

Sorry, what?

Did you have a point to make about my disagreement of your opinion or were you trying to blow off a young kid like me with bull?

it's all good. I don't have a point. My reply was pointless.

cheers)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Russia is not ready for war. Russia is not even ready for a long term campaign in Syria which is why they now back the US plan to have Syrians decide if Assad stays or goes. And we know that means he is gone. Russia is simply nor prepared to maintain a long term campaign to prop up Assad. The entire adventure has not gone as planned.

NATO is not reinforcing Turkeys are space including NATO AWACS for two reasons. The make sure the Turks know exactly who and what is in their airspace and so nothing accidental can happen and to remind Russia they face the combined power of NATO if they mess with the Turks.

Russia desperately needs the Syrian and Ukraine messes over. China is eating up Russian markets and taking the Central Asian Republics away from it. Not to mention China moving to invest heavily in Ukraine. While the Russians have been distracted with the West China has been taking complete advantage of it.

Belarus trying to make its move to the West is also another big problem for Russia. The loss of India, Vietnam and Cuba to the West along with soon losing Venezuela has left Russia almost alone.

And more and more China has become a growing threat to Russia. Shaking its hand in friendship with one hand and undermining Russia with its other.

Russia has way to many problems right now to try and prop up Assad. If it can get out with some arms deal it will be happy.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Having followed the world events here is part of the problem:

1) Russia has interests in Syria. One of its naval bases is in Syria and it is within its interest that whatever government that is in place there supports it and continue to allow for military base to be present.
2) The reason why Russia in the UN Security council has always been against the US position, is not cause it does not want peace in Syria, as the civil war there is bad for it as it is for the reason, but what it sees has happened in the middle east when the USA has gone in there. The USA has left a mess in Iraq and Afghanistan is not in a great position as well. Even with a shaky alliance with Pakistan, it is still a big mess, which others for a long time will have to go in and clean up.

The problem is that the USA cannot simply afford to go at it alone again, nor can the country continue to lose both assets and manpower. The vets coming in from Afghanistan and Iraq are in a bad enough shape, the pain and suffering that those who are injured is apparent and the US government is in turmoil. Many, who would support military actions, are often refusing to give more aid to the vets and cutting what aid there is down, where they are not getting the proper care from such.

So the US will need to work on avoiding a war with Russia and at the same time work with the Russians to end the civil war and ISIS and come up with a good feasible game plan on how to clean up after all of the violence and fighting is done.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Russia has way to many problems right now to try and prop up Assad. If it can get out with some arms deal it will be happy.

But Russia has secret Tesla tech and can beat NATO with one hand... It just seems that no one takes the US as serious being in a war for almost 15 years. That is 15 years of true battle tested equipment and improvements, 15 years of battle tested operations, 15 years of battle tested soldiers etc. The rest of the world has played war games and what ifs with their equipment that has not changed much because they haven't tested it in true war and so no need to change. Look at the US military in 2000 and compare it today, very scary changes as to the capabilities it has now.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Russia is not ready for war. Russia is not even ready for a long term campaign in Syria which is why they now back the US plan to have Syrians decide if Assad stays or goes. And we know that means he is gone. Russia is simply nor prepared to maintain a long term campaign to prop up Assad. The entire adventure has not gone as planned.

NATO is not reinforcing Turkeys are space including NATO AWACS for two reasons. The make sure the Turks know exactly who and what is in their airspace and so nothing accidental can happen and to remind Russia they face the combined power of NATO if they mess with the Turks.

Russia desperately needs the Syrian and Ukraine messes over. China is eating up Russian markets and taking the Central Asian Republics away from it. Not to mention China moving to invest heavily in Ukraine. While the Russians have been distracted with the West China has been taking complete advantage of it.

Belarus trying to make its move to the West is also another big problem for Russia. The loss of India, Vietnam and Cuba to the West along with soon losing Venezuela has left Russia almost alone.

And more and more China has become a growing threat to Russia. Shaking its hand in friendship with one hand and undermining Russia with its other.

'

never knew some one can be so openly delusional. It is shameless manner you tie your interpretation of events as an absolute truth that is not normal me thinks.

edit on 18-12-2015 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

What exactly did Russia learn? The non-aggresion pact with Hitler screwed them, and now they think they have the real deal with China. Russia has a short memory... multiple fronts is the only thing that bailed Russia out. I think Russia is falling for the old 'rope a dope', and soon they will be singing praise to Mao in Moscow

I have always felt with China right on their borders and having quickly a 5, 10, 50 million man army one would think Russia with 150 million population might be just a little nervous if China ever wanted to take their valuable resources for their own. What more that is not good is China can do fine without Russia as a consumer. If China ever wanted to purge some of their population back down to a working 500 million a war with Russia might be a win win for them.
edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wow, the real numbers you mention should make Russia nervous. China won't have any logistical issues in Asia.
Sun Tzu comes to mind

edit on 19-12-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Putins not stupid. Russia learned from its past. Let the fools come all the way in, over extend themselves with long supply ones and too few, over priced, hi tech, wonder weapons.

Frozen Nato sundae.

The non aggression pact with Hitler, was simply to buy time, both Governments knew war was inevitable. Luckily Hitler was deluded enough to ignore all his generals and open a war on two fronts. That was the only reason that we are not speaking German now. Russia sucked up the manpower that would have been used on us, Russia fought back, and basically saved our a%%$# at the cost of millions of lives.
Any talk of war with Russia is stupid. Putin has got two daughters one lives in London, and the other one in Cyprus. I hate to admit it, but at least he's got the balls to call it, as it is. Obama has first to satisfy his backers and then create foreign policy to suit them, that's his problem.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Speaking of Mr.Spad, usually his position is openly and accurately anti-Russian, and often it forces him to express frankly silly things (correlating the moral problems with the countries, telling you about Libya's transition to peace, and that ISIS was created by no outside power, and the US plan to have Syrians decide if Assad stays or goes, etc.).

But I must admit that he is right when he says that Russia is not ready for war. We are ready in military sense (perhaps), but definitely not in the economic sense.

P.S. And please, stop distributing this nonsense about use of nuclear weapon. Only one country has ever used a nuclear bomb. It is the United States of America.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You see Putin can almost destroy Turkey and the US can't do anyhting.

Wrong. Despite its vast resources, Russia would lose any military confrontation with Russia. I am getting tired of posting this, but here goes:

Turkey has 410,000 service men. Russia has 766,000. Russia's problem is that it has 22,000 kilometers of shared borders to defend, whereas Turkey only has 2,800. Not quite twice the troops to defend 10 times the potential battle front. If you were the Russian Ministry of Defense, would you pull troops off the Polish border to fight in Turkey? Russia has 3,400 aircraft compared to Turkey's 1,000. Setting aside the question of which side has better planes, the Russians have three times the aircraft to defend twenty two times the airspace. Again if you were the MoD, would you pull planes out of the Baltic in the hopes that NATO wasn't setting a trap for you?

Full stats here.

Should a state of war be declared, Turkey would close the Bosporus, cutting Crimea off from the Mediterranean. The Russian Black Sea Fleet is comprised of 45 ships and submarines. Turkey's fleet numbers 115, and they would be operating with full air cover, whereas Russia would not.

If you were Vladimir Putin, would you run the risk of a humiliating military defeat by a regional power that did not even need to call on NATO?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why do you think the Russian propaganda mill keep trumpeting that Russia can destroy Turkey? Why does Vladimir Vladimirovich keep reminding everyone he has nukes? If you were a Russian military strategist, would you assume that Turkey did not purchase its own non-NATO nukes from Dr. Kahn when they were on the market?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Frozen Nato sundae.

The non aggression pact with Hitler, was simply to buy time, both Governments knew war was inevitable. Luckily Hitler was deluded enough to ignore all his generals and open a war on two fronts. That was the only reason that we are not speaking German now. Russia sucked up the manpower that would have been used on us, Russia fought back, and basically saved our a%%$# at the cost of millions of lives.
Any talk of war with Russia is stupid. Putin has got two daughters one lives in London, and the other one in Cyprus. I hate to admit it, but at least he's got the balls to call it, as it is. Obama has first to satisfy his backers and then create foreign policy to suit them, that's his problem.

It would be interesting to hear a Russian perspective on WWll.
Here is what one brilliant General thought about Russia...
"I understand the situation. Their (the Soviet) supply system is inadequate to maintain them in a serious action such as I could put to them. They have chickens in the coop and cattle on the hoof -- that's their supply system. They could probably maintain themselves in the type of fighting I could give them for five days. After that it would make no difference how many million men they have, and if you wanted Moscow I could give it to you. They lived on the land coming down. There is insufficient left for them to maintain themselves going back. Let's not give them time to build up their supplies. If we do, then . . . we have had a victory over the Germans and disarmed them, but we have failed in the liberation of Europe; we have lost the war!" - General Patton

Are you European, or do you think Hitler would have invaded the US mainland? Stalin was playing chess, it was his intention to clean up Hitler's mess and eventually take all of Europe. Hitler's war machine surprised everyone. Patton may have been slightly delusional about the state of Russia's military, but it is delusional to think that Russia was letting the winter handle the Nazis, it was quite the contrary
edit on 19-12-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Willtell
But this is serious stuff folks for the US to let some tin pot dictator out of Turkey to involve the world in a NUCLEAR war Putin is threatening.

The Pentagon is very much aware of the tremendous heavy metal Russia may unleash if provoked to the limit by someone like Erdogan. Let’s roll out an abridged list.

Russia can use the mighty SS-18 – which NATO codenames “Satan”; each “Satan” carries 10 warheads, with a yield of 750 to 1000 kilotons each, enough to destroy an area the size of New York state.

The Topol M ICBM is the world’s fastest missile at 21 Mach (16,000 miles an hour); against it, there’s no defense. Launched from Moscow, it hits New York City in 18 minutes, and L.A. in 22.8 minutes.

www.counterpunch.org...

Bottom line folks it appears the US has gotten the message finally that Putin is putin( pun intended) an end to this BS going on in Syria and is ready to back it up!

Putin is making Syria another Cuba and won’t allow the US to do to it as it did to Saddam and Khadafy and is willing to go the extreme route to protect Syria.

Russian submarines – as well as Chinese submarines – are able to launch offshore the US, striking coastal targets within a minute. Chinese submarines have surfaced next to US aircraft carriers undetected, and Russian submarines can do the same

I was giving this some serious thought right up until it said Chinese subs had surfaced next to our aircraft carriers "undetected."

I have to ask; When & where exactly did that happen?

Unless your source has some way of verifying that claim, I find it hard to consider them reliable.

I'm still waiting for some proof regarding the source's claim that a Chinese sub was able to surface next to a U.S. aircraft carrier "without being detected."

I know a couple of guys who served in our submarine fleet and they too, would like to see the proof that this actually happened.

I'm calling total B.S. on the sources claims regarding Russia's and/or China's military capabilities.

Especially those related to their subs alleged ability to approach our fleet undetected.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You Want War? Russia is Ready for War

With who?

They had a problem with getting their own military members to go and fight in Ukraine...do you think they would fight a war with a real military?

And yes they sent active troops to fight in Ukraine.

As for Turkey...too many friends called NATO for Russia to win.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You want economic collapse? Because Russia is ready for economic collapse.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
You want economic collapse? Because Russia is ready for economic collapse.

Good point. This illustrates why Russia is not ready for war:

www.tradingeconomics.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

These are cartoons with a set opinion, not real pictures. So the words are distorted and so is your thinking.

So a cartoon is not an animated picture?

Look you can make your own pictures a cartoon...

www.cartoonize.net...

Guess they can be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join