It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want War? Russia is Ready for War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Crimea expansion, was just a beginning, followed by a middle east expansion.

The idea of Moscow being the Third Rome was popular since the early Russian Tsars.

orthodoxwiki.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
WOW...this is way off base from the original post, Martians and Nazis? C'mon.

Russia has only land based reach and it is not global. Russia is a gas station in a third world thought; corrupt far far and away from the US and beyond the only leverage it has is cutting off pipelines..think about that, the military logistics are exhausted. Oh yes they have some of our debt...SOME. There are ways around that and is why no one has brought that up with any credit.

I know many here, will be "Rah Rah' Russia...get over it. Already they are stretched.

Threaten the US, they (Russia) place some thumpers under a threat to the US off the coast of say New York, Georgia, Miami Et.al...guess what they go away.

The US Navy is second to no one, I know after 20 years. The US Marines are not challenged by any force on this planet. The Army (occupational force) I do not know personally; but do a damn good job for what I have seen. US Air Force are some of the bravest persons, EOD, Combat Controllers, 261 et.al.

There are over 2 million of us, over 42 you can count 4 million. We are trained and we will fight (I am in the 2 million)
I can enlist again tomorrow and will if need be...

You do not want 2 million combat trained US veterans...adding to existing...knocking upon your door or looking for you.

If the dogs are let slip...no one can withstand the US.

MG

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You know, I'm all for alternate media but why is it always the same low-tier sites reporting information like this and never any of the bigger sites? Click bait?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

What exactly did Russia learn?

Russia has eleven time zones, its a vast place with bitterly cold winters. Both Napoleon and Hitlers Armies froze trying to take it.

Learn what? Study History, you obviously have holes large enough to drive an army through.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Willtell

You see Putin can almost destroy Turkey and the US can't do anyhting.

Wrong. Despite its vast resources, Russia would lose any military confrontation with Russia. I am getting tired of posting this, but here goes:

Turkey has 410,000 service men. Russia has 766,000. Russia's problem is that it has 22,000 kilometers of shared borders to defend, whereas Turkey only has 2,800. Not quite twice the troops to defend 10 times the potential battle front. If you were the Russian Ministry of Defense, would you pull troops off the Polish border to fight in Turkey? Russia has 3,400 aircraft compared to Turkey's 1,000. Setting aside the question of which side has better planes, the Russians have three times the aircraft to defend twenty two times the airspace. Again if you were the MoD, would you pull planes out of the Baltic in the hopes that NATO wasn't setting a trap for you?

Full stats here.

Should a state of war be declared, Turkey would close the Bosporus, cutting Crimea off from the Mediterranean. The Russian Black Sea Fleet is comprised of 45 ships and submarines. Turkey's fleet numbers 115, and they would be operating with full air cover, whereas Russia would not.

If you were Vladimir Putin, would you run the risk of a humiliating military defeat by a regional power that did not even need to call on NATO?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why do you think the Russian propaganda mill keep trumpeting that Russia can destroy Turkey? Why does Vladimir Vladimirovich keep reminding everyone he has nukes? If you were a Russian military strategist, would you assume that Turkey did not purchase its own non-NATO nukes from Dr. Kahn when they were on the market?

Turkey will do whatever NATO tells it to do. They don’t want a war with Russia.

And you’re point about Turkey makes my point.

Russia may resort to nuclear weapons to destroy Turkey IF THEY TRY TO ATTCK RUSSIA AGAIN!

Turkey, hiding behind NATO skirts, started this.

God protect the Turkish people from their stupidity who like Americans voting for Bush, voted in erDOGon, the ignorant fool who started this mess.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: onthedownlow

What exactly did Russia learn?

Russia has eleven time zones, its a vast place with bitterly cold winters. Both Napoleon and Hitlers Armies froze trying to take it.

Learn what? Study History, you obviously have holes large enough to drive an army through.

You fail to answer the question, yet you berate my understanding of history. Russia learned a deep hatred, and they also learned that they did not have the military capabilities that they thought they had. This thread is about Russia being a global player, even suggesting Russia's global dominance. I was merely pointing out that Russia did not learn from their near fatal flaw in WWll, a secret alliance with Germany

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Turkey has not attacked Russia; it shot down two Russian planes that were violating its airspace. As a member of NATO, a nuclear strike would activate Section 5, and Russia would be obliterated in retaliation. This would then activate Dead Hand, and the history of humanity would end. I don't see the Russian MoD letting that happen, do you?

If you disagree with the strategic analysis I provided, please critique it directly, presenting your own facts and figures.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Russian troops lol. Yes they got good ones but the typical troop that makes up the vast majority of their forces are a joke. They are not paid well, not treated well, poorly trained, they do not have a will to fight. As a simple example: Russia had to change their anti-freeze from wood base to something that would not kill because it was a common practice for their troops to drink it. Lol this is the Russian fighting force....Give me a break.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"If you disagree with the strategic analysis I provided, please critique it directly, presenting your own facts and figures."

Thanks for the advice!

But forgive me, I prefer to answer in my own way

Again you're making my point.

This nuclear madness has always been a barometer of the degree of angst one side or the other is in in any issue of national interests.

The Russians and Chinese were burned over Libya and Iraq. They have reached their fill of getting screwed by NATO'S BS!

Those are my facts and figures in this context

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Russian troops lol. Yes they got good ones but the typical troop that makes up the vast majority of their forces are a joke. They are not paid well, not treated well, poorly trained, they do not have a will to fight. As a simple example: Russia had to change their anti-freeze from wood base to something that would not kill because it was a common practice for their troops to drink it. Lol this is the Russian fighting force....Give me a break.

Were they treated any better during WWII with Stalin...? Where if it wasn’t for Russia wed all, that is those left alive, would be speaking German.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: thepixelpusher

These are cartoons with a set opinion, not real pictures. So the words are distorted and so is your thinking.

So a cartoon is not an animated picture?

Look you can make your own pictures a cartoon...

www.cartoonize.net...

Guess they can be.

In this case the cartoon is not animated. It is static and is an editorial opinion. Meaning it has s specific point of view. Very much unlike the quote, "a picture is worth a thousand words". You see the quote is reserved for real pictures. Not for the cartoon nonsense you posted.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Problem is, that similar (if not the same) neocons do their crap in Russia. Yet you somehow think we see a different type of oligarchy there.

State expenditures for the defense sector will not change regardless of the economic conditions in Russia, the military industrial commission board’s deputy head Oleg Bochkarev told TASS 19 December 2014. The state defense order market becomes more and more popular. It is guaranteed and confirmed with funds. Besides, the president has made it clear that defense expenditures would not change regardless of economic conditions, he said.

The volume of state defense orders for 2017 will grow more than 40% as compared to 2014, and in 2015 it will be 20% more, Bochkarev said. It has been growing continuously. It was 30% more in 2014 as compared to the previous year, Deputy Defence Minister Yuri Borisov said.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Screw the wellfare, eh? What could possibly go wrong...
I think Escobar might have some friends in high places, he's no Rob Parry either.

How about alternatives to Putin, what is this Russia all about right now?

Exclusive: America’s neocons are lusting for their ultimate “regime change” – destabilizing Russia and getting rid of President Putin – but they ignore the likelihood that the leader after Putin would be a much more hardline nationalist, a prospect addressed by Gilbert Doctorow.

consortiumnews.com...

Hmm... nationalist military state in full swing, Putin obviously decided to create a monster. I think it will bite back, just a matter of time.
War wouldn't be his problem either, we people pay the price. He might actually see a solution in open escalations with the West, probably just to save his position.

Do me a favor and close your legs again, we ought to be vigilant and highly sceptical by now. Way too much propaganda everywhere...

edit on 19-12-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Were they treated any better during WWII with Stalin...? Where if it wasn’t for Russia wed all, that is those left alive, would be speaking German.

That was a long time ago and I disagree on that too since Russia spent 5 years with huge losses getting the land back that Germany took in like 6 days. Russian winter was a bigger trooper than its army. Remember US was a war machine that would never be touched and Russia was starving with little military supplies left so I think you are backwards in who would be speaking German. Russia was dying a slow death so yes a lot of them died, but that is not a good indication of force.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Not for the cartoon nonsense you posted.

Funny thing is I didn't post those pics...but that's okay, as I was just pointing out you can make a picture a cartoon.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Problem is, that similar (if not the same) neocons do their crap in Russia. Yet you somehow think we see a different type of oligarchy there.

State expenditures for the defense sector will not change regardless of the economic conditions in Russia, the military industrial commission board’s deputy head Oleg Bochkarev told TASS 19 December 2014. The state defense order market becomes more and more popular. It is guaranteed and confirmed with funds. Besides, the president has made it clear that defense expenditures would not change regardless of economic conditions, he said.

The volume of state defense orders for 2017 will grow more than 40% as compared to 2014, and in 2015 it will be 20% more, Bochkarev said. It has been growing continuously. It was 30% more in 2014 as compared to the previous year, Deputy Defence Minister Yuri Borisov said.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Screw the wellfare, eh? What could possibly go wrong...
I think Escobar might have some friends in high places, he's no Rob Parry either.

How about alternatives to Putin, what is this Russia all about right now?

Exclusive: America’s neocons are lusting for their ultimate “regime change” – destabilizing Russia and getting rid of President Putin – but they ignore the likelihood that the leader after Putin would be a much more hardline nationalist, a prospect addressed by Gilbert Doctorow.

consortiumnews.com...

Hmm... nationalist military state in full swing, Putin obviously decided to create a monster. I think it will bite back, just a matter of time.
War wouldn't be his problem either, we people pay the price. He might actually see a solution in open escalations with the West, probably just to save his position.

Do me a favor and close your legs again, we ought to be vigilant and highly sceptical by now. Way too much propaganda everywhere...

Did you read anywhere that I wrote Russia was all the time right?

NO

In this instance it’s on the right side of the issue.

Trying to destroy terrorists the hypocritical West claims they hate so much, yet are bankrolling and encouraging them AGAIN, so more can be created…more chaos in another ME country.

You bringing up a straw man argument that people re saying Russia is great.

That’s not the point

Alternatives to Putin like what?

Let the US, Turkey, and Gulf states destroy another Arab country and kill another million children?

Like Putin said: " Do you realize what you've done?

You have nothing to stand on but the same old NATO/US propaganda and lies

You judge by actions not more deception by the West

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That was a long time ago and I disagree on that too since Russia spent 5 years with huge losses getting the land back that Germany took in like 6 days. Russian winter was a bigger trooper than its army. Remember US was a war machine that would never be touched and Russia was starving with little military supplies left so I think you are backwards in who would be speaking German. Russia was dying a slow death so yes a lot of them died, but that is not a good indication of force.

Russia had to virtually fight Nazi Germany alone for almost 3 years: France was occupied, Brittan wasn’t during much but on the defensive and the US wasn’t in the war until 1942.

It wasn’t 5 years since Germany surprised attacked Russia in June 1941 it was less than 3 before Russia turned the tide on Germany.

Russia primarily beat NazI Germany not the West...

As for America. America record isn’t too good. A draw with Korea,
It lost the war in Vietnam, can’t seem to even beat the Taliban after more than 10 years fighting.

America can beat small defenseless countries for sure but not real countries with real armies so easily

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Is Russia gonna start saying things like "burn in a sea of nuclear fire" next?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Russia may resort to nuclear weapons to destroy Turkey IF THEY TRY TO ATTCK RUSSIA AGAIN!

Turkey, hiding behind NATO skirts, started this.

God protect the Turkish people from their stupidity who like Americans voting for Bush, voted in erDOGon, the ignorant fool who started this mess.

Russia will not have to destroy Turkey, it is just important that everyone fully understands that they could if they wanted to. Turkey may or may not get the message, but NATO will. Turkey isn't hiding behind NATOs skirts, Turkey is NATOs skirt.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

"If you disagree with the strategic analysis I provided, please critique it directly, presenting your own facts and figures."

Thanks for the advice!

But forgive me, I prefer to answer in my own way

Again you're making my point.

This nuclear madness has always been a barometer of the degree of angst one side or the other is in in any issue of national interests.

The Russians and Chinese were burned over Libya and Iraq. They have reached their fill of getting screwed by NATO'S BS!

Those are my facts and figures in this context

Please, Russia and China are busy screwing each other over. China in particular has been screwing Russia by taking its markets, giving no support over Ukraine or Syria, stealing Russia's trade and influence over the Central Asian Republics and pumping money and arms deals with Ukraine. Of course Russia is also selling weapon systems design to specifically counter China to China's enemies in Vietnam and India.

One reason Russia is in a rush to settle things and make up with US is so it can try get back what China has been taking from it. You will see war between Russia and China before you see war between either of them and West.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

As for America. America record isn’t too good. A draw with Korea,
It lost the war in Vietnam, can’t seem to even beat the Taliban after more than 10 years fighting.

America can beat small defenseless countries for sure but not real countries with real armies so easily

Korea was a UN action, not the "USA" alone action.

Vietnam, the USA bailed out the French, brokered a peace (which was constantly challenged) and removed forces in accordance to the said agreement. China and Russia also had a hand in that particular civil war, just as in Korea.

Vietnam was lost at home, not in the field. Nice try on both counts.

MG

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join