It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Political Correctness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How about putting a professor on administrative leave because she said Christians and Muslims worship the same God???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I'm sure that doesn't count either, right???

It is an example. There are two things I can say to mitigate it.

1.) It is a private university that can operate according to their own principles.

2.) If the professor signed on to work there understanding the school's operating principles (statement of faith, etc.) and then violated them to do what she did, she has right to express herself, but the school has a right to continue to uphold it's principles too. It's not like they were suddenly discovered upon her actions.

Similarly, if I am hired on to a company owned and operated by a Muslim and know that one of the rules is to not ever bring pork onto the premises and then I proceed to do so and get fired, I have no leg to stand on. I knew the rules when I signed on. It doesn't matter that those are religiously originated rules. I knew them then and agreed to employment under those terms.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The difference is that one is true and the other is not.

Do you honestly believe that's the way things work? One side is always right and one is always wrong?

You've pretty much proven my point Les

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is an example. There are two things I can say to mitigate it.

Oh yes of course. So once again we are somehow in agreement and disagreement at the same time making my example both correct and incorrect at the same time. How that is possible I don't know. It would seem to defy all logic and yet you've done it twice so far. It must be that superior intellect you possess which makes such things possible.

You ask for an example so I give you one. One which you also seem to agree is a valid example but then proceed to tell me how in fact it's still not valid. Not just once but twice using two different examples. Maybe instead of Political Correctness we should spend some time on what a Double Standard is instead???

Why it is you can't admit it shows me you aren't interested in what is true and what is not. You don't care about what is really going on and will do or say anything in forcing what you believe or want to be true as fact. Personally I find that to be credulous and deceptive. But that is your choice to make I suppose.

Perhaps you'd like to tell me again how I'm wrong??

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: amicktd
Basically there were people who were raised to have manners. Then there were others that were raised without manners. That seems to be the difference to me.

I agree with this to an extent - but this modern PC-ness goes beyond that. It is using language and the policing of language to marginalize opposing views. It's Orwellian. And I say this as a left of center independent.

Well I don't support either of the two party system and from my point of view it looks like a bunch of whining from both sides about the other side using their freedom of speech. It really is that simple, both sides using freedom of speech and not agreeing.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Although, I am curious ...

Give me an example of a conservatively correct term for something.

You know like "gun violence" is the politically correct term for anytime someone dies and a gun is involved somehow.

Christian persecution.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is how you "shove your morality down our throats." Since you feel like all the world is "on your side," it makes you feel justified calling those who disagree with you racists, bigots and homophobes. You feel morally justified.

This line sort of gives you away ketsuko

Look at the history of this country we live in. Ever hear of the Moral Majority? I'm sure you have

Pull back - look at the bigger picture. If it really is out of control, it all happened for a reason. You are not a victim of anything but people trying to get out from under something else

Are you surprised that people in this country started to talk back - and take back?

It maybe did all come off the rails. I'm not sure it isn't a legitimate fight. We're in the middle of a serious culture war - and like all wars, war crimes happen on both sides

edit on 12/18/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

The difference is that one is true and the other is not.

Do you honestly believe that's the way things work? One side is always right and one is always wrong?

You've pretty much proven my point Les

That's nothing like what I said or meant.

There probably are some instances; but when a small minority of instances is compared to a vast majority of instances, it would take a fool to ignore the differences and claim anything remotely close to the opposite.

You've proven my point, Spira.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Might want to pay attention to this people.

You can thank the PC crowd for 'Ze','Zir' and 'xyr'.

On gender pronouns: Sixty two percent of students disagreed that professors should have the right to downgrade students for failing to use "gender inclusive" language like "mankind" instead of "humankind" in reference to men and women. Not even half (49%) of LIBERAL students agree with implementing the use of pronouns like "ze," "zir," and "xyr" on their campus.

www.yaf.org...

Maybe there is hope for this countries future.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join