It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Political Correctness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It 's at it 's purest form a, manipulative lie.
While its was (Im guessing here) possibly a creation to learn or teach all benefits have fallen in order for some to use as a semantic faux shaming, attempting to claim a higher value /moral position.
It frequently leaves out historical facts or creates it's own to the disgust of those who already understand them.
It's like they get some kind of self satisfaction or they don't grasp human nature outside of their own life experience,and are militantly obtuse to any discussion to the contrary.
At least that is how it reads,Far be it from ME to attempt to grasp such a cowardly thought process. I can't say WHAT is their mind set.
THEY sure as hell don't hesitate to describe MINE however.
HOWEVER insultingly inaccurate and fact I can present in eschewed by association using some flimsy excuse of the web site used .

It's all fake.
I mean YES ALL of America is fake and made up at some level but we want EVERYBODY to work together at our core beliefs as traditional Americans.
Yelling RACISM all over the place and any attempt to legitimize something like "Micro aggressions" will go the way of the pet rock shortly after the current POTUS is dropped from power and the social values will then sweep TOO far right as a result.
Enjoy the ride ,I won't.
edit on 17-12-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

So you come into this conversation, blurt out some commands telling people what not to do then when you're challenged you decide you don't want to hear it and leave???

Why not stay and iron out your position with others instead??? Or just don't join in the first place??

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Very informative and interesting. I have been talking about Conservative Correctness for a while now, but I didn't know the term. It's VERY difficult to find a conservative who even acknowledges that it exists on the right.

As an atheist and mostly a liberal hippie type, I've been pretty 'conservatively incorrect' for some time now. The fact that I exist seems to be offensive to many. I don't have any problem talking about my religious positions, my opinions about equal rights, sexual promiscuity, or faux patriotism, even though I have had some pretty serious backlash in my life from the right side of the aisle. That's no problem 'cause I can handle it.

I think it's important for us all to understand that if we're insulting or purposely offensive to other people, there will likely be consequences. If someone is going to be "incorrect" (either one), they better be ready to hear what others think about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Although, I am curious ...

Give me an example of a conservatively correct term for something.

You know like "gun violence" is the politically correct term for anytime someone dies and a gun is involved somehow.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So you come into this conversation, blurt out some commands telling people what not to do then when you're challenged you decide you don't want to hear it and leave???

Why not stay and iron out your position with others instead??? Or just don't join in the first place??

I tried to take the high road because of the Season.

But, next year will be a blast...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I would think the high road would be to hash out some ideas with others. Especially those of different viewpoints and see what solutions can be found. It's never polite to just "eat and run" so to speak. If you go to someone's house and break bread with them it's polite that you stay and chat a bit otherwise don't go at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I would think the high road would be to hash out some ideas with others. Especially those of different viewpoints and see what solutions can be found. It's never polite to just "eat and run" so to speak. If you go to someone's house and break bread with them it's polite that you stay and chat a bit otherwise don't go at all.

I guess you don't understand.

After my first couple posts in this thread I decided I didn't want to fight.

We will be having the same argument after the first of the year.

Don't worry, I will find you next year. Untill then...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Sad isn't it? Makes one wonder what the purpose is.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

We had it last year and the year before.

It serves no purpose and sad doesn't begin to describe it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I guess you don't understand.

Yeah, I understand just fine. You want to take the first swing but when your opponent keeps standing and it's your turn to get hit you have to go.

The old "Oh, wait, I think I hear my mom calling me." play.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think it's important for us all to understand that if we're insulting or purposely offensive to other people, there will likely be consequences. If someone is going to be "incorrect" (either one), they better be ready to hear what others think about it.

That is the most important part. No matter which side of the aisle we are on, there are consequences to what we say.

Thanks for jumping in.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Although, I am curious ...

You know like "gun violence" is the politically correct term for anytime someone dies and a gun is involved somehow.

"Muslim extremism"

"Islamic terrorism"

The Republicans tend to make a big deal out of the terms Obama does , or does not, use to describe certain events of people.

Do they not?
edit on 17-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The purpose would be to find common ground amongst ourselves, recognize that it is an issue on both sides and stop pounding each other with it.
edit on 17-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The purpose would be to find common ground amongst ourselves, recognize that it is an issue on both sides and stop pounding each over with it.

Sounds like political correctness.
Excuse the joke. That's exactly what's needed. More LISTENING. Hear what "they" have to say. Not what you're TOLD what "they" say. That's dangerous to the status quo though.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Lame stream media

Freedom Fries

Libtards

Pro Abortion

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

All right, but there are people in this world who do indeed perpetrate mass violence in the express name of their religion and that religion happens to be Islam.

So ... the correct description of the phenomena would indeed be either Muslim extremism or Islamic terrorism.

I can't help it if the correct term for the violence bothers you.

What else is it when they march out people who do not believe as they do on the beach in Egypt and slit their throats or chuck gays off the top of buildings or massacre people while yelling Allahu Akhbar (god is great)?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

One term that has begun to once again make a popular comeback, with the media and political discussions all across the internet, is "political correctness". Donald Trump and his style of political discourse has played a role in it's resurgence, from both sides of the debate.

What do you mean comeback ?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can't help it if the correct term for the violence bothers you.

I didn't say whether it bothered me or not.

You asked for an example of conservative PC terms and I provided that.

Your post is proof positive of exactly what I laid-out in the OP. You don't like the term someone else uses because it does not fit your politically correct definition of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Lame stream media

Freedom Fries

Libtards

Pro Abortion

The first one isn't something we insist you call the press. Political correctness is something that people are told they must use.

The second is the kind of pejorative I've often seen the left use. It's akin to Repuke. In any case, it is NOT an example of political correctness since true PC is supposed to make someone feel all warm and fuzzy and avoid hurting someone's feelings. Neither Libtard or Repuke is an example of that kind of term.

As to pro-abortion, pro-choice is the politically correct term to use. I would agree that pro-abortion is our counter but it is the truth. You are pro-abortion when you say pro-choice, after all, somehow that choice isn't about choosing to keep the child or adopt it out or even to choose to abstain and not get pregnant to begin with, only choosing to abort it, but as far as PC terms go, it is far more polite than baby killer would be which is another term which is certainly not PC.
edit on 17-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How about resurgence? The term is being used more frequently since Trump entered the race. It was merely a point of observation, not of political dispute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join