It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not the radical jihadists I fear. It is the Radical Right.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Just exactly what are you thinking when you utter that phrase: ban Muslims?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ElectricFeel

You made some very good points, OP, but I have come to learn that these sorts of threads are completely useless. Not because they don't provide excellent information and a personal viewpoint, but because the Right Wing is not adult enough to handle it.

This thread is proof that it doesn't matter how well something is sourced or how true it is, they are never going to be honest about that information, or with you, because they cannot even be honest with themselves.

They lie to themselves, blame the left, pull out the emotional victim card and stomp their feet until they are the only ones left in the debate because the grown-ups decided to leave when it turned to a "waa" fest. Then they claim victory.

Some of them are also not honest enough to admit they agree with the tactics you mentioned. They have no problem killing innocents as long as they feel safer in their echo chamber.

Lol, I love it... Not only are you the one that, while saying the right wing is not adult enough, calls posters a teenage girl for typing out "lol" but you're sitting there pointing your finger at the right and saying that they're doing exactly what the left does. I mean, you explained ways of the left to a damn tee. Comments like yours are why people laugh and call liberals a hypocrite all the time, and why you kids get called out for your ridiculous double standards. You might think you're an adult, but from an angle other than your simple narrow minded one, you're the one incapable of being an adult. And if you want that to change, the first step you need to take will be not pointing your finger at others and crying about them doing exactly what you do.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

It's partisan fanatics that I fear. They're so blinded by hate for one another, they let their leaders get away with murder.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Because ISIS and the Taliban and AQ and the ethnic Sunni/Shias all comply right?

Do you know how WW2 ended? Not with a deterrent but with a message that said if you keep this up this will happen again. If we had not bombed Japan we could have lost the conflict in the Pacific and 10's of thousands more soldiers could have been killed.

I am not saying use a nuclear option in the ME either right now either but we are engaging in wartime activity with people who do not comply. Assad gassed his own people which is against the Geneva convention and our SecState just gave him a pass AFTER we drew the line in the sand.

Was killing OBL against the Geneva convention?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Donald Trump took his plan for tightening the nation's borders to a new level Monday — and drew condemnation from Republican opponents as well as Democrats — by calling for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States."

The ban should apply "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" with regard to the attitudes of Muslims toward Americans and terrorism, said a statement from the Trump campaign.

www.usatoday.com...

From his mouth.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

All right.

What do you think that means?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The ban should apply "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on"

Why WILLFULLY ignoring that ?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

So now it's the Illuminati that is coming for our bacon?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Two questions, how are we going to decide who is muslim and how are we going to decide when our representatives, who you love to call incompetent, have figured out what is going on?

Or is it just going to he trump calling all the shots?

Oh and third why did you WILLFULLY move the goal posts?
edit on thWed, 16 Dec 2015 13:13:46 -0600America/Chicago1220154680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

All right.

It means knowing the vetting, and background checks for immigrant is woefully inadequate.

Keep on doing what we been doing.

Letting Jihadi janes in this country. After all ALLAH forbid we fix the vetting process before more Americans are murdered.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Good grief all it takes is a moratorium on travel from the middle east until the process is FIXED.

THAT's ALL.

Then restore it.

Especially countries like Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

but you're sitting there pointing your finger at the right and saying that they're doing exactly what the left does.

I use the term 'teenager" because of things like this. This is the intellectual equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I".

I mean, you explained ways of the left to a damn tee. Comments like yours are why people laugh and call liberals a hypocrite all the time, and why you kids get called out for your ridiculous double standards. You might think you're an adult, but from an angle other than your simple narrow minded one, you're the one incapable of being an adult. And if you want that to change, the first step you need to take will be not pointing your finger at others and crying about them doing exactly what you do.

Can you refute my assertions, or are you just going to go emotional and attack? I mean, that's a nice rant and all, but it didn't actually address any of the points I made.

Can you comment on the constitution and it's spirit? You bashed the Left earlier, calling them anti-constitution, so I am sure you can tackle that. Right?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

All right.

It doesn't matter what I think it means. I have no effect on legislation or executive order.

What matters is what Trump means by it and I think he's been very clear. That is where we have to look. Our personal interpretation is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The ban should apply "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on"

Why WILLFULLY ignoring that ?

Ah yes. We should ban Muslims until we can "figure out what is going on". That makes it so much better.

As a person that is so afraid of what governments can do that you believe they are going to take your bacon, I would expect you to be a bit more skeptical when the next potential president say he want's to ban something until we "can figure out what is going on".

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

All right.

It doesn't matter what I think it means. I have no effect on legislation or executive order.

What matters is what Trump means by it and I think he's been very clear. That is where we have to look. Our personal interpretation is irrelevant.

No, it very much matters what you think it means because we cannot begin to have a productive discussion about it until we each understand where the other is coming from.

link   

Oh yeah Trump was most certainly CLEAR.

link   

So now it's the Illuminati that is coming for our bacon?

Hypocrisy much?

Can you refute my assertions, or are you just going to go emotional and attack? I mean, that's a nice rant and all, but it didn't actually address any of the points I made. Can you comment on the constitution and it's spirit?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

We KNOW what's going on.

Fearing a civil liberties backlash and "bad public relations" for the Obama administration, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson refused in early 2014 to end the secret U.S. policy that prohibited immigration officials from reviewing the social media messages of all foreign citizens applying for U.S. visas, according to a former senior department official.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

All right.

No, it very much matters what you think it means because we cannot begin to have a productive discussion about it until we each understand where the other is coming from.

OK, fine. I'll play that game.

My personal interpretation is that Trump wants to ban people of a certain faith, based on his own comments, and I will add this caveat for Neo's sake; ban them until the "country's representatives can figure out what is going on".

He said it, correct? Let's take him for his word.

That being said, I find that to be contradictory to the constitution and it is, in fact, the same persecution that the Christian Right claim to fear is going to happen to them.

They are perpetuating that which they claim to be against. Religious persecution.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I'd love to refute your assertions, but I cannot find any information on the Illuminati Bacon-confiscation conspiracy. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?

Do you have a link?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join