It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not the radical jihadists I fear. It is the Radical Right.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hey now don't forget the PP shooting.

That was a twofer for 'em.

Blame Gunz and Christians and Right Wingers.

Ok that was the TRIFECTA for them.

But it is ALWAYS a different story for muslims.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Indigo5

So the answer is to become terrorists ourselves?

Stop the presses.

So now anyone that doesn't agree with open borders is a 'terrorist' ?

Anyone that agrees with intentionally targeting and killing the innocent families of the enemy is...IMO.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Stop the presses.

Anyone that agrees with intentionally targeting and killing the innocent families of the enemy is...IMO.

Well wouldn't that make abortion supporters terrorists ?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Stop the presses.

So Sherman was a terrorist? His march pretty much broke the South's will to resist.

And what about every time someone invaded Russia/USSR, and the Russians retreated leaving nothing but the scorched earth of their own people behind them? It basically ensured that the country was successfully able to resist both Napoleon and Hitler, but the toll it took on their people was horrible.
edit on 16-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
It still blows my mind how out of all the threads we've have like this where the left comes crying out in delusional agony and within the first few responses to their topic a majority of their OP is factually corrected... yet these threads still pop up. It's like they don't even read beyond they're own post.

Deny Ignorance ...and absorb information, especially if it contradicts your position.

Once their low capacity minds are made up, that is it. Usually no amount of evidence or facts will change their views. Reminds me of one of the biggest garbage lies right now, the "hands up don't shoot". after proven to be a lie, it is still used.

Pcg
edit on 16-12-2015 by pcgamer11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Stop the presses.

So Sherman was a terrorist? His march pretty much broke the South's will to resist.

And what about every time someone invaded Russia/USSR, and the Russians retreated leaving nothing but the scorched earth of their own people behind them? It basically ensured that the country was successfully able to resist both Napoleon and Hitler, but the toll it took on their people was horrible.

Both Sherman and Russian strategy involved denying the enemy food, supplies and infrastructure. They ravaged farms and food stores, killed cattle and left them to rot in the pasture, destroyed railroads and burnt government buildings. They did not systematically drag women and children out into the path and shoot them.

Calling for the intentionally targeting (droning, bombing or otherwise) of civilian families is a different animal altogether and even Sherman would have been hung from the rafters by Lincoln if he was slaughtering women and children as he moved through the south.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Stop the presses.

Well wouldn't that make abortion supporters terrorists ?

That makes absolutely no sense...Not from the left, right or in-between. The analogy has no parallels...

Strange......

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Talk to southerners. This is precisely what he did.

We are not only fighting armies, but a hostile people, and must make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war, as well as their organized armies. I know that this recent movement of mine through Georgia has had a wonderful effect in this respect. Thousands who had been deceived by their lying papers into the belief that we were being whipped all the time, realized the truth, and have no appetite for a repetition of the same experience.

Letter, Sherman to Henry W. Halleck, December 24, 1864.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Talk to southerners. This is precisely what he did.

We are not only fighting armies, but a hostile people, and must make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war, as well as their organized armies. I know that this recent movement of mine through Georgia has had a wonderful effect in this respect. Thousands who had been deceived by their lying papers into the belief that we were being whipped all the time, realized the truth, and have no appetite for a repetition of the same experience.

Letter, Sherman to Henry W. Halleck, December 24, 1864.

And??? How is that different than what I said he did?

He did not systematically target and kill women and children?

He destroyed supplies, burned plantations, destroyed railroads etc.

It is called scorched earth and yes it is ugly...but Trump is not talking anything similar...he is talking about targeting/droning the families of known terrorists.

No analogy there to be had.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pcgamer11

originally posted by: rexsblues
It still blows my mind how out of all the threads we've have like this where the left comes crying out in delusional agony and within the first few responses to their topic a majority of their OP is factually corrected... yet these threads still pop up. It's like they don't even read beyond they're own post.

Deny Ignorance ...and absorb information, especially if it contradicts your position.

Once their low capacity minds are made up, that is it. Usually no amount of evidence or facts will change their views. Reminds me of one of the biggest garbage lies right now, the "hands up don't shoot". after proven to be a lie, it is still used.

Pcg

Thank you for the offer...

Would you please clarify precisely where you think the OP has gotten things incorrect and provide "evidence or facts" to support the same?

Cuz from where I am sitting it is the same as it ever was...Denying reality.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

... but a hostile people, and must make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war ...

Yep, making people feel the hard hand of war isn't about targeting them ...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Never waste an orchestrated crisis.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

One American born Muslim radical does something and cries for action, regarding Muslims and refugees.

Multiple mass shootings by other people and any cries for any action about guns must be shut down.

One of the reason when asked why Muslims and refugees be targeted and that it is for the safety of fellow Americans.

When asked why not some kind of action be done about guns, if it places fellow Americans at risk and the answer is "I don't care about them as long as I got mine".

Why is this shooting more important than all the others? Why do you guys act like this shooting was the worst in history?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

1.) Americans have a right to be armed.

2.) There is no similar right for us to take in anyone and everyone.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

1.) Americans have a right to be armed.

Many mass shootings by other Americans but no call for action. Not considered an epidemic of gun violence.

2.) There is no similar right for us to take in anyone and everyone.

One mass shooting by American guy (happens to be Muslim) who went on rampage but he somehow speaks (to some people) for all Muslims and refugees and a call for action. Somehow proves an epidemic of Muslim violence in America.

Yeah still an ridiculous responses to both.
edit on 16-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

One American born Muslim radical does something and cries for action, regarding Muslims and refugees.

Multiple mass shootings by other people and any cries for any action about guns must be shut down.

One of the reason when asked why Muslims and refugees be targeted and that it is for the safety of fellow Americans.

When asked why not some kind of action be done about guns, if it places fellow Americans at risk and the answer is "I don't care about them as long as I got mine".

Why is this shooting more important than all the others? Why do you guys act like this shooting was the worst in history?

Still trying to have it both ways.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

... but a hostile people, and must make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war ...

Having your food supply lines cut off and having your infrastructure destroyed is what that means. That is quite a bit different than troops going from door to door, dragging women and children out into the street and executing them.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The answer is simple. Paint neither muslims nor gun owners using a wide brush.
If anything should be banned, I vote the brush.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

For everyone of ours "they" kill we should kill 1000 of theirs. imo

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Having your food supply lines cut off and having your infrastructure destroyed is what that means. That is quite a bit different than troops going from door to door, dragging women and children out into the street and executing them.

That is more or less what ISIS tends to do to those they target.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join