It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I know that, but I take exception to the way that was stated..
Yep, I agree..
Brent Blanchard Interview
Brent Blanchard is a demolition expert; he serves as Operations Manager for Protec Documentation Services, a world leader in engineering and vibration consulting for explosive demolition projects. He's also a senior writer and editor at the website Implosionworld.com.
Undicisettembre: Many conspiracy theorists believe that molten steel was found at the bottom of the towers and this should prove it was a controlled demolition. Is it true that controlled demolitions leave molten steel pools?
Brent Blanchard: No. And there is no evidence there was molten steel. The way they phrase that question is fundamentally wrong and that's why it reaches wrong conclusions every time. There were molten materials, there were very hot burning materials, but there's no evidence that any of those materials were steel. It is much more likely that they were aluminum, or copper, or composite materials.
I saw this video that day and thought I'd share in the hopes that maybe it will dissuade the silly notion that the steel in the World Trade buildings melted from jet fuel.
A combination of an uncontrolled fire and the structural damage might have been able to bring the building down, some engineers said. But that would not explain steel members in the debris pile that appear to have been partly evaporated in extraordinarily high temperatures, Dr. Barnett said.
originally posted by: skyeagle409
a reply to: wildb
That is false. In fact, it was Steven Jones who pushed that piece of disinformation and never said anything about iron flakes melting at much lower temperatures than bulk iron.
To sum it up, Steven Jones took a number of truthers for a joy ride to never-never land.
Right, like I said , then where did the heat come from..?
The RJ Group
The RJ Lee Group report considers samples taken several months after the collapses, and it is certain that torch-cutting of steel beams as part of the cleanup process contributed some, if not all, of the spherules seen in these samples.
Let's remember that torches and high temp wands were used to cut steel beams during cleanup operations at ground zero.
I say let's remember our debate regarding the WTC dust first.
RJ Lee Group Report
The analytical results are as follows:
• Chrysotile asbestos was pervasively present in the Building. The WTC towers were built, in part, using fireproofing materials that contained chrysotile asbestos. In contrast, the Building was not constructed with asbestos-containing surfacing materials. Chrysotile asbestos is a distinguishing WTC Dust Marker for WTC Dust.
• Mineral wool was pervasively present in the Building. Mineral wool is a WTC Dust Marker for WTC Dust. The WTC towers used construction materials that contained mineral wool.
• Gypsum, also designated as a WTC Dust Marker for WTC Dust based on its high abundance and small particle size (not its mere presence), wasubiquitously present in the Building.
• Particles of partially burned or melted plastic (vesicular carbonaceous particles), not expected in “normal” dust, were commonly observed in WTC Dust due to the fire that accompanied the WTC Event. Additionally, the concentrations of various burned phases and the characteristics ofspecific phases, also proved to be excellent “fingerprints” for WTC Event
• Particles of materials that had been modified by exposure to high temperature, such as spherical particles of iron and silicates, are common in WTC Dust because of the fire that accompanied the WTC Event, but are not common in “normal” interior office dust.
• The investigation has established that WTC Dust is a carrier of toxic substances.