It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men screaming 'Allah' attack soldiers at Rome Cathedral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

But voicing an opinion with conviction, without any study, is a fools game.
NO way you should have to learn anything, but when you get called out for talking about things you may be uninformed about, does not mean you are being made to study it.
I know very little about Buddhism, yet I don't voice an opinion on the violence in Burma because I myself do not care to learn about it

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Christians who rationalize slavery to be moral twist and ignore the true teachings of Christ.

There you go, 'not a real Christian' agenda. See the parallels?

From your reply take it that you think all of the Old Testament was absolved with the coming of Christ, so lets forget slavery.
What about stoning, death sentences for homosexuals?

Also, i notice you like to post links from one source, i mean no insult but could that be because they hold views that validate yours?
edit on 16/12/2015 by Learningman because: snarky comment

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Stoning and death sentences for homosexuals are justified and practiced by sharia ruled countries and areas.

I am not arguing that fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm atheist but in fact Christianity exists because they believe Jesus was the sacrifice for their sins and therefor fundlementally changing the relationship Jews and Gentiles had with God, so while they do look at the Old Testament to understand God more they do not believe in the war and genocide or concubines or practicing such things, I know this because I grew up in an extreme fundlementalist home and went to "bible study" three times a week but it was more like a cult then anything anyway I am getting off point, but yes Christianity exists because of Christ and his sacrifice changing the relationship with God.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Thanls for the reply and I was wrong then. Apologies. So opposed to the Sharia view from Islam, the Christians that are keen on OT views are actually ignoring what the NT states? I just hear a lot of OT values espoused by some Christians, even here in England, and claimed as their faith. Im not saying they are correct, by any means, but just what I have seen/heard. The Catholic church is a prime example.
edit on 16/12/2015 by Learningman because: half text missing?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I was meaning the Christians that follow the same values, but never mind.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The Christians who use the Old Testament as a grand stand for evil are just as wrong as the Muslims who use sharia or there text, however and this to me is the nuance Christianity has a redeeming quality because of the New Testament and the fact that they believe Jesus will return and that it is Gods judgment not theirs so they can adapt to secular beliefs and wait for God to clean up the wrong, now I disagree with this because it makes the passive participants wishing for the end which I believe is a form of a death cult and treasonous to man kind, having said that they are however able to peacefully live within a progressing secular culture not all obviously but the vast majority, and when looking at Islam the numbers are staggering I will however post them if you like, and also Islam does not have as many redeeming qualities it can be said that if you are a peacful Muslim than you are not a true Muslim, and that is an accurate statement based on the tenants.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Thankyou for your explanation, I will concede you are right. While there is a lot of unwarranted ill spoken about Islam(Christianity Judaism yada yada), what you state is true and I had never noticed the difference until now. I will still carry on with disdain for the religions and love for the people, but that is a point well made.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Thank you sir, and I enjoy your posts and inquisitive nature
cheers brother

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm really wondering if Allah is just their war cry instead a name for God? Like a more explosive version of Om?

Satan, sick em!
edit on 16-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

It isn't.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

It's not really Islamophobia as much as it is Islamoreaction. There's nothing irrational about being cautious or fearful of Islam anymore.

originally posted by: Kapusta

a reply to: Kapusta

It's not really Islamophobia as much as it is Islamoreaction. There's nothing irrational about being cautious or fearful of Islam anymore.

People fear it because they don't understand it.

They don't understand it because they choose to not learn about it.

But are fully willing to take in what the MSM and websites tell them ,
fear is the name of the game it seems
And people are feeding into it.

I don't understand it because I don't want to understand it, I don't have to understand it because I'm not obligated to understand it. I am free from it... and nothing about my 'not understanding' it, is doing anything to insult it.

And quite frankly the forceful play to coax peoples empathy into 'understanding' is the very perversional tact that is blatantly causing the continuum of this chaos and in many ways is the angle of opportunity and defense that is constantly taken advantage of by radicals.

Nearly every other religion in the modern world unquestionably respects each individuals right to believe what they want. Any religion that I am not apart of that requires me study it because of the tyranny and terror it is causing hundreds of thousands of people across the world.... tells me all I need to know.

Work on understanding that, because in respect to your own religion and postiton, you are obligated.

I respect your opinion , but i disagree.

Nobody is forcing anyone to understand islam.

Nor is it an obligation .

However if one decides to not choose to understand this religion then they should " free them selfs " from speaking about it without knowlege .

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Really? because, ISIS and Jihadists in general are forcing people to understand Islam, it's the very premise behind their movement and their attacks.

Again, any religion that encroaches upon my humble reality, constantly time and time again with impressions of terrorizing and killing innocent people to point that it's world news... tells me all i need to understand. period. I don't need to know or understand anything further to speak out against it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And here we go again ...

Another story where two men attack others while yelling, "Allah!," and rather than denounce radical Islam, we have a Muslim who gets mad at the people who point out this behavior and the justification for it.

What Dear did was wrong, and he sounds like an absolutely pathetic excuse for a Christian, the type I've denounced many times on this site. See? I can do it.

edit on 16-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Really? because, ISIS and Jihadists in general are forcing people to understand Islam, it's the very premise behind their movement and their attacks.

Again, any religion that encroaches upon my humble reality, constantly time and time again with impressions of terrorizing and killing innocent people to point that it's world news... tells me all i need to understand. period. I don't need to know or understand anything further to speak out against it.

They are ? Or is the MSM ?

Here is my point . because you choose not to educate your self about Islam at the very basic. You are essentially grouping extremist and Muslims together .

ISIS is not of ISLAM . Therefore they are not Muslim.

I don't support terrorism or extremism. I fight it everyday
And the only effective way of fighting it is through education so people know what they are dealing with. But you on the other are against the process of informing and educating.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And here we go again ...

Another story where two men attack others while yelling, "Allah!," and rather than denounce radical Islam, we have a Muslim who gets mad at the people who point out this behavior and the justification for it.

What Dear did was wrong, and he sounds like an absolutely pathetic excuse for a Christian, the type I've denounced many times on this site. See? I can do it.

And here we go again.... Another prime example of somone who doesn't read through the whole thread.

It's obvious you haven't read anything at all I have posted further on in the thread. Have you ? For if you had then you would know my position on extremism and radicalism.

Try going back a few pages
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You cant cherry pick what you do and don't like out of Sharia law, its all or nothing.

Can you can be pro Sharia, but 'identify' as peaceful?

Sounds like Bruce Jenner trying to identify as an opposite sex though in reality, hes still a dude.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Here we go Again....

Another thread ....

Time to put on my Scholars cap..

And fight through the hate and bigotry .

Islamaphobia bait ! Yay! Feed feed feed.

Can you believe a Muslim like my self is sick of hearing about Muslims on ATS ?

Back in topic. How does this event directly effect you and your child enough to want to go live in the desert?

Don't you think what those people are doing in the name of your religion is the greater INSULT to Islam ?

Seriously.

When people try to demonize threads on ATS than the brutal actions of what is done in the name of 'allah'.

This is just a page in a web browser don't harm anyone unlike the actions of attacks all over the globe, and it doesn't matter who.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know what you mean but I think he actually does. I've been burned before but I'l stick my neck on the line and say I believe he does see extremism as an attack on his faith, and hence works to combat it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I don't know why you bother dude. It's not on you to educate anyone or justify yourself, you've done nothing wrong. It just seems like you're going to be a constant target of suspicion and paranoia to vent at for people who already made up their minds a long time ago and have no intention of listening.

I'm sorry you even feel like you need to do it at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join