It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logman

Inserts random pic that means nothing.

Also feels the need to sign name, which isn't his real name, when name is displayed in each post.

New to the internet, sir?

/blush
are you ... flirting with me?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The f# are you expecting Billy Bob and his shotgun to do about a tyrannical government, may I ask...

He barely has time to slap his kids or beat his wife-sister when he is too busy looking for white string vests at the local mart to go with his 6 pack.

Sorry, I love a little satirical stereotyping.

***edit***

This is a joke by the way, you may now commence in insulting my dental hygiene and pansy accent.

Hey hey hey, that's my wife/cousin your talking about!!!

You only practice on your sister round here, everybody knows that!!

Lol

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

I have one for you, from the same cookie company;

"Guns; pathological overcompensation by the fearful, the psychotic, the Faithless, substitute penises for the hung like a light-switch!"

Cookies for all occasions!
Enjoy! *__-

Well that can't be true, because my gun is smaller than my...cough cough....I'm not lacking in that department.

Maybe I'm just the exception to the rule?

You have the gun Will Smith has in MIB???

I'm jealous now.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

You got a good heart, forkedtongue...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: machineintelligence

Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase but I will expand on my little creation in this thread. I see the gun control activist as someone who longs for big brother to take responsibility for their physical safety. They are fearful of danger and even more fearful of taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their neighbors, and friends. If attacked the average gun control activist seeks the safety of cowering in front of the assailant with hands raised until big brother can send help in the form of trained and armed people on brother's payroll.

Yes. This phobia was drummed into a post war generation through radio and tv programs. The westerns of the fifties all, each and every one had the hero riding to the rescue. The Lone Ranger, Hoppy, Roy Rogers, on down the line. They, and the law men always came though to save the show.

Superman. Year after year the children of a generation of American warriors were inculcated through the air, air filled with radio and television waves. The hero will save you. The cavalry will save you . Somebody will save you. All through out their childhoods. Day in and day out.

What would you expect?

Expectedly, the opposite end of the spectrum all believe themselves to be Dirty Harry Callahan or John McClain thinking that they themselves will one day save the day with their CCW...

Far left, far right, always delusional.

Who the heck is John McClain?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

If she ain't good enough for her own family she ain't good enough for ours...lol

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase but I will expand on my little creation in this thread. I see the gun control activist as someone who longs for big brother to take responsibility for their physical safety. They are fearful of danger and even more fearful of taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their neighbors, and friends. If attacked the average gun control activist seeks the safety of cowering in front of the assailant with hands raised until big brother can send help in the form of trained and armed people on brother's payroll.

Yes. This phobia was drummed into a post war generation through radio and tv programs. The westerns of the fifties all, each and every one had the hero riding to the rescue. The Lone Ranger, Hoppy, Roy Rogers, on down the line. They, and the law men always came though to save the show.

Superman. Year after year the children of a generation of American warriors were inculcated through the air, air filled with radio and television waves. The hero will save you. The cavalry will save you . Somebody will save you. All through out their childhoods. Day in and day out.

What would you expect?

Expectedly, the opposite end of the spectrum all believe themselves to be Dirty Harry Callahan or John McClain thinking that they themselves will one day save the day with their CCW...

Far left, far right, always delusional.

Who the heck is John McClain?

Bruce Willis in Die Hard, pal...

I thought that was universal knowledge, lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meegz
I live in one of the safest states in america and its a carry state. Everyone carries a gun around here. Usually multiple... What with hunting season and all. We don't run around like a bunch a lunatics shooting each other and we are hillbillies lol! Its the people that have little knowledge about guns that are the most afraid.
Agree there.....I posted once it's the metro men....opposite the country ...spread out land to spare types........logman metro possibly

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Actually, I'm not afraid of guns. A fear of guns would imply a fear of being shot, which would necessitate a fear of death that I do not have. Not for my own sake, at least.

@ForkedTongue:

But if you have access to those stockpiles and such, why do you need guns right now? To get access to those stockpiles?
It's also worth noting that I doubt the US military would feel very comfortable with genociding its own country's citizens.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Boy are you reaching!!!

Gun control people aren't doing it because they live in fear. If anything I'd say those who feel they need a gun 24/7 are the ones living in fear. If you don't feel safe unless you're strapped then you're paranoid.

Everyone else just thinks they're basically safe going about their lives in today's society without needing a firearm to protect themselves. Mathematically they're correct too. You're much more likely to be killed by choking or a car accident than you are by some bad guy with a gun. Those odds get worse though when you include bad guys with guns with stupid gun nuts acting like a bunch of kids playing cowboy.

Calling people cowards because they choose not to be armed is backwards logic my friend. They aren't cowards any more than you are some kind of hero. They either figure they can handle most situations without shooting someone or they don't figure on such a situation happening in the first place.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meegz

If she ain't good enough for her own family she ain't good enough for ours...lol

Lol, I'm a tell the joke for charlie, might not be common knowledge where he is from

First off true story, I swear!!

So my brother got married, and his and his new bride are going on their honey moon.

Which is in the camper out back, because there isn't enough room inside the trailer with my sister and cousin nate in 1 room, my mom and uncle dean (dad) in the other and me and my girl on the couch, cant believe uncle dean hooked me up with his daughter, she still has 4 of her teeth, she's a real good catch in these here parts.

So my brother ( kinda the black sheep, he went outside the family) and his old lady are about to get all romantic and whatnot when says to him " be gentle it's my first time".

My brother being the stand up guy he is, throws on his overalls and flip flops and runs inside to talk to dad.

Dad says " whatcha doing in here boy, yur sposed ta be making me a grand baby!"

My brother says " dad you don't understand, she's a virgin!"

My dad puts his hand on his shoulder and says " you did the right thing here boy, if she ain't good enough for her own family, she sure as hell ain't good enough for ours!"

That was just last week, my older sister sure is glad they slip up, she was missing him something awful at night, seeing how it gets cold out in the mini barn somtimes.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Tell that to all the victims of mass shootings, accidental discharges, and the families of those who have committed suicide. Tell them that guns make the world a better place.

I cut myself with my first knife. My little brother shot me in the side of my head with his first bb gun. I shot a mange dog to put him out of his misery but he didn't die easy it took 9 rounds and he suffered a lot. A man jumped me in an ally way with a machete when I was unarmed, I broke his left knee and his right arm and then he went to jail crippled for 18 months and came out looking for me. Life is full of hard choices, pain, misery, and suffering.

We make the world a better place when we can and endure what we can not change. When I woke up this morning there were more than 6 billion people scratching and clawing out an existence on this planet. It is not a safe and friendly world. I am not about to allow anyone to disarm me in this hostile world. If they think they can I will not allow them to prevail. With my last dying breath if that is what it takes.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Actually, I'm not afraid of guns. A fear of guns would imply a fear of being shot, which would necessitate a fear of death that I do not have. Not for my own sake, at least.

@ForkedTongue:

But if you have access to those stockpiles and such, why do you need guns right now? To get access to those stockpiles?
It's also worth noting that I doubt the US military would feel very comfortable with genociding its own country's citizens.

Yes on both points addressed to me.

The stockpiles will be guarded, but most of them only lightly.

I am a vet, and know first hand, some would but most won't turn on their people.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Brilliant!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm glad real life has not touched them and they can enjoy the delusion of safety and security without the sacrifice of training and physical preparedness. That is not the case for many of us. We were trained from toddlers in military science, and the rural living arts of farming, hunting, and fishing. When I moved to the city after my military service to get away from the limited opportunities of rural life I found that people there were very different. Most were weak and sick. Many who were strong were corrupt and selfish and dominated the weaker ones. I found that people come from very different worlds of thought. I do not require a firearm to be safe for the most part. I simple want to have access to those tools as needed. I can use weapons at hand and have on many occasions. I advocate for the liberty guaranteed to US citizens and will defend those rights.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I would just like to add a quote a Retired WWII era Navy CWO told me awhile back. "Don't you ever give up your firearms. If you do they will kill you." He never elaborated on who "they" were. I didn't think to ask him either. The look in his eyes was enough to convince me. I'm pretty sure "they" were not..... Freemasons, since he was one. a reply to: machineintelligence

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So there you go. It's not that they pray for someone to help them or rely on others for safety exactly. It's just that their world view doesn't require firearms for survival. In contrast what they do see is gun violence because of guns in the wrong hands. They logically conclude that if you remove the guns you remove the violence. This isn't how it works however, although it makes the violence less effective typically.

It's not correct calling them cowards though since that isn't what's happening. They simply have no reference which includes using a firearm for their safety. Most people live in a civil society so that is what they know.

Good guys with guns isn't the answer either. It is to you because when you hear that phrase you think "people like me with guns". Meaning "Trained, practiced and competent" gun owners. But in reality that isn't what we get when everyone is armed. Unfortunately what we get in reality is sketchy ass idiots with guns. That doesn't make anyone safer.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Indiana may have only an average gun murder rate, but its the 18th worst state for over all gun deaths (accidental shootings, suicides, ect.)... The more guns in society, the more likely you are to die from a gun... just saying.

Death by gun: Top 20 states with highest rate

But if owning a heap of guns keeps the "weak and fearful" from being irrationally paranoid that someones coming to rob, murder or rape them... then more power to ya.

In reality, your more likely to walk outside and get taken out by a drunk driver... So why even bother leaving the house, if your that fanatical and afraid of 'what could happen'?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

"Trained, practiced and competent" gun owners.

This. I am COMPLETELY in support of this. That's fine. The issue is when irresponsible yahoos get guns and dreams of glory, and accidentally shoot a seven year old girl, or try to stop some guy's truck from getting stolen and accidentally shoot the owner.

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I get the impression that to go along with the "everyone gets a gun" thing, you lose some of the respect they require.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hadjiprince

I have known some Freemasons in the Service and when doing security contracting. Never had anything but fellowship and mutual respect with any of them. Decent sorts for the most part.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join