It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase but I will expand on my little creation in this thread. I see the gun control activist as someone who longs for big brother to take responsibility for their physical safety. They are fearful of danger and even more fearful of taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their neighbors, and friends. If attacked the average gun control activist seeks the safety of cowering in front of the assailant with hands raised until big brother can send help in the form of trained and armed people on brother's payroll.

Yes. This phobia was drummed into a post war generation through radio and tv programs. The westerns of the fifties all, each and every one had the hero riding to the rescue. The Lone Ranger, Hoppy, Roy Rogers, on down the line. They, and the law men always came though to save the show.

Superman. Year after year the children of a generation of American warriors were inculcated through the air, air filled with radio and television waves. The hero will save you. The cavalry will save you . Somebody will save you. All through out their childhoods. Day in and day out.

What would you expect?

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 11 Dec 2015 22:55:16 -0600Fri, 11 Dec 2015 22:55:16 -060015122015-12-11T22:55:16-06:001000000055 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful

Then what the hell do you call it when people think they can't live without their country spending a fortune on the military and foreign interventions?

Or how about the people who brag about gun rights to overthrow a tyrannical government. I understand that.
Yet the same people want to expand the government's bloated military and NSA budget. It's a bit of a contradiction.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

He is my nephew! When I saw this pic I fell in love with his smile. I was holding him at the time.
Thank you for making me smile.

Now, where was I....

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
-Wants gun rights. SECOND AMENDMENT! SECOND AMENDMENT!

-Meanwhile, the fourth amendment whimpers unheard, in the corner, as it is repeatedly molested by the patriot act.

Look, I'm fine with those who want guns admitting that it's because they want guns, and not for any purpose greater than hunting or penis (not in the literal sense) compensation. Every time I hear someone say that everyone having access to guns makes things safer, I want to slam my head into a concrete pillar. Because the truth of the matter is that a world with lots of guns is less safe than a world with only a few guns. The US has simply passed the event horizon, with guns bleeding out of every orifice, to the point that any transition would be quite bloody.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Neoconservatives only started with adopting the language of the liberty movement in order to slither their military/banking industrial complex supporters into our tent when they wanted to co-opt us to expand their shrinking base. I remember the first time I showed up at a Republican Party meeting literately at a Florida country club full of Neocons. Everything is all Christian and friendly until discussion turned to military spending and I started talking about cutting and closing bases overseas we no longer need. Then the daggers came out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Someone who suffers from Guncontrolism wants to put the control for their safety in the hands a higher power then themselves.

Like a God? And who shall inherit the Earth? The meek? They believe it Mac, Again, drummed into them from birth.
So just what are we going to do with all these God fearing, seekers after salvation who insist that we All lay down our arms and be thankful we are still alive.
They view us gun owners like we are brandishing the devils own saber, swinging it over their heads and shooting them of randomly into the air. Geeese, what are they, crazy?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase but I will expand on my little creation in this thread. I see the gun control activist as someone who longs for big brother to take responsibility for their physical safety. They are fearful of danger and even more fearful of taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their neighbors, and friends. If attacked the average gun control activist seeks the safety of cowering in front of the assailant with hands raised until big brother can send help in the form of trained and armed people on brother's payroll.

Yes. This phobia was drummed into a post war generation through radio and tv programs. The westerns of the fifties all, each and every one had the hero riding to the rescue. The Lone Ranger, Hoppy, Roy Rogers, on down the line. They, and the law men always came though to save the show.

Superman. Year after year the children of a generation of American warriors were inculcated through the air, air filled with radio and television waves. The hero will save you. The cavalry will save you . Somebody will save you. All through out their childhoods. Day in and day out.

What would you expect?

Expectedly, the opposite end of the spectrum all believe themselves to be Dirty Harry Callahan or John McClain thinking that they themselves will one day save the day with their CCW...

Far left, far right, always delusional.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Tell that to those buried in the killing fields of Cambodia. Fewer guns did not lead to less violence. Gun restrictions often lead to genocide. It happens through out history.

edit on 12pm2015-12-11T23:12:40-06:00111212America/Chicago121231 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Because the US is 100% Communist, eh? Tell that to all the victims of mass shootings, accidental discharges, and the families of those who have committed suicide. Tell them that guns make the world a better place.

Sorry, but if crazy people get into power and the military follows through, you're getting genocided either way. Not much AR-15s can do against drone strikes.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I live in one of the safest states in america and its a carry state. Everyone carries a gun around here. Usually multiple... What with hunting season and all. We don't run around like a bunch a lunatics shooting each other and we are hillbillies lol! Its the people that have little knowledge about guns that are the most afraid.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Not much AR-15s can do against drone strikes.

You are quite right. An AR-15 is not the correct tool for that job.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: machineintelligence

I have one for you, from the same cookie company;

"Guns; pathological overcompensation by the fearful, the psychotic, the Faithless, substitute penises for the hung like a light-switch!"

Cookies for all occasions!
Enjoy! *__-

Well that can't be true, because my gun is smaller than my...cough cough....I'm not lacking in that department.

Maybe I'm just the exception to the rule?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The f# are you expecting Billy Bob and his shotgun to do about a tyrannical government, may I ask...

He barely has time to slap his kids or beat his wife-sister when he is too busy looking for white string vests at the local mart to go with his 6 pack.

Sorry, I love a little satirical stereotyping.

***edit***

This is a joke by the way, you may now commence in insulting my dental hygiene and pansy accent.
edit on 11-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: machineintelligence

I have one for you, from the same cookie company;

"Guns; pathological overcompensation by the fearful, the psychotic, the Faithless, substitute penises for the hung like a light-switch!"

Cookies for all occasions!
Enjoy! *__-

Well that can't be true, because my gun is smaller than my...cough cough....I'm not lacking in that department.

Maybe I'm just the exception to the rule?

You have the gun Will Smith has in MIB???

I'm jealous now.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Meegz

Its the people that have little knowledge about guns that are the most afraid.

You are right of course. I have had coworkers who often debated against guns with me until I took them to the range and trained them. Then they wanted to have one of their own. I took the time to fully train them on their new weapon. Now they are no longer fearful and in fact they want more training and pay me for my gas, ammo for the session and a meal at least. It's a win win.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

What would you expect?

Expectedly, the opposite end of the spectrum all believe themselves to be Dirty Harry Callahan or John McClain thinking that they themselves will one day save the day with their CCW...

Far left, far right, always delusional.

I second that motion!!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Left wing, Right wing, same crazy bird.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Because the US is 100% Communist, eh? Tell that to all the victims of mass shootings, accidental discharges, and the families of those who have committed suicide. Tell them that guns make the world a better place.

Sorry, but if crazy people get into power and the military follows through, you're getting genocided either way. Not much AR-15s can do against drone strikes.

Just remember---there are more gun owners than there are drones. And some of those gun owners also own drones!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

BS, those drones have to land, here, in America, where they are very vulnerable .

There are millions of us vets that know where the stockpiles of weapons and weapons systems are located.

And if the gov turned on the people they wouldn't be able to guard half of it.

We would soon have the exact same toys as them, and we know how to use it too.

The fight would be much more fair than you think.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meegz
I live in one of the safest states in america and its a carry state. Everyone carries a gun around here. Usually multiple... What with hunting season and all. We don't run around like a bunch a lunatics shooting each other and we are hillbillies lol! Its the people that have little knowledge about guns that are the most afraid.

Me too, rural Indiana, walk into rural king, I bet there are at least 6 open carry folks in their at any 1 time.

I love country folks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join