It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: miconATSrender
Wow you did a great job at reeling in the people who love being victims.

There are so many people who want to cringe in the corner while their family is raped and killed.
The caring, loving people who would not protect themselves or others.
It seems like they love it when women are raped and killed. They think it is unmanly for a woman to shoot and kill a rapist.
I will never understand the victim-nuts. They are so afraid of not being killed. It is crazy.
They might even be a survivor-phobe

WTF??? Is that sarcasm??? I can't tell sometimes around here. I keep saying we need a sarcasm font or something.

But you don't honestly believe anything you just wrote do you???

Not sarcasm.
Did something I write offend someone?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

There are so many people who want to cringe in the corner while their family is raped and killed.
It seems like they love it when women are raped and killed. They think it is unmanly for a woman to shoot and kill a rapist.
I will never understand the victim-nuts. They are so afraid of not being killed. It is crazy.

Not sarcasm.

I'm not offended but you may want to see a therapist soon.
To quote you:
"It seems like they love it when women are raped and killed. They think it is unmanly for a woman to shoot and kill a rapist. They are so afraid of not being killed."

You have to have some strange things happening where you are because the only one loving rape are rapists. Period. The part about fear of NOT being killed I don't even think that exists.

On reading it again do you not think that was some pretty heavy false claims to use??? Nobody likes rape accept for the attacker. You can't make someone into a rapist no matter how much of an anti gun person they are. There is zero ways to make a connection like that, think about it.

That kind of labeling of people is also a method of dehumanizing them. Being anti-gun, even in it's extreme forms is just as credible as pro-gun. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they enjoy their families being raped or that they cower in the corner if such a thing actually happened. It's ridiculous. Nobody is like what you describe.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yes, something about that post is extremely odd. In the sense that it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure if it's because the poster is pants-on-head-retarded (he doesn't seem to be, at least), or if there are a few weird typos.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: miconATSrender

I can most certainly conceive of the real fight. The real fight is being fought - right now - and it's being lost while gun nuts worry about their guns being stolen. The fourth amendment is being shredded, the TPP is slipping by . I support the constitution - yes, the whole thing - but I do not respect the people who only acknowledge and care about the second amendment.

If the situation is that a person wants a gun so they may protect their right to have a gun, it is not a good situation. If a person wishes to have a gun to protect themselves against a potential tyrannical government, they are delusional, but that is understandable. If they want a gun for home defense or hunting, I am fine with that.

I am glad you think you can conceive of a real fight, good to know. But no, the real fight has not started yet, just skirmishes in comparison. It is disgusting what they are doing to our rights, all of them. People might call you a privacy nut for being worried about the 4th. Most of us can be concerned about more than one thing at a time.

I must have missed those posting that only cared about the 2nd and spit on the 4th. Guns are effects under the 4th. The 2nd protects the 4th and the 4th protects the 2nd. Guns are protected under the 4th. They are not mutually exclusive.
People have guns to protect all their rights, and that is a good situation.

The only delusion is believing any government loves you. Why would i only want to protect myself at home? That is ridiculous.

If the term gun nut refers to anyone who protects themselves and their loved ones, then that is nuts. If you refer to crazy, armed, law breaking, criminals, then it's apt and why I need one on me. Inside and outside of my home.

Oh and I don't hunt and hunting has nothing at all to do with the 2nd. And I am glad you are concerned about the 2nd and not just the 4th. Since the 2nd is being shredded too. That is how one can tell the government is tyrannical, and not just potentially. Would a non-tyrannical government shred your 4th?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

It's the result of all the division and one side vs. another ideology when pushed hard enough. It happens in practically every niche in society from politics to religion to fantasy football. Right now ideologies are being put to the test and people are battling their world views with each other and it's being encouraged.

That kind of thinking allows you to justify all sorts of nasty things about other people. It also, if persistent, can become total xenophobia about "insert group" that allows some to say stuff like, "They really liked it when they got raped and killed." It's not exactly what you'd call psychopathic though in that they've just convinced themselves of the "goodness" behind their horrible deeds. They just got to that point through some messed up reasoning.

That's all my opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: miconATSrender

I am glad you think you can conceive of a real fight, good to know. But no, the real fight has not started yet, just skirmishes in comparison.

I dislike the "No, yes" back-and-forth, but the real fight has started. You can say it's just the opening skirmishes if you wish, but wars are not a single battle.
Guns might play a part, but guns are not the deciding factor alone, not by a long shot.

I must have missed those posting that only cared about the 2nd and spit on the 4th. Guns are effects under the 4th. The 2nd protects the 4th and the 4th protects the 2nd. Guns are protected under the 4th. They are not mutually exclusive.
People have guns to protect all their rights, and that is a good situation.

I am not talking exclusively about those posting here. You can see that empirically more people care about the 2nd than the 4th because the fourth has already been shredded, while people scream bloody murder if the government so much as looks at the second surreptitiously.
At this point, guns are just about all you have left. Most everything else has already been taken. Heard of civil forfeiture?

The only delusion is believing any government loves you. Why would i only want to protect myself at home? That is ridiculous.

The delusion I speak of is that if a tyrannical government appears, random citizens with guns won't be the most major opposition to it, they will at most be a hindrance. It will be from within the military itself, those who actually follow through with the oath they swore. Those with the access and skills to use and maintain advanced military hardware like drones or other aircraft.

If the term gun nut refers to anyone who protects themselves and their loved ones, then that is nuts. If you refer to crazy, armed, law breaking, criminals, then it's apt and why I need one on me. Inside and outside of my home.

I use gun nut to refer to someone who screams bloody murder about the second amendment but barely makes a peep about the fourth. I use gun nut to refer to someone who open carries rifles into playgrounds or supermarkets. If you carry concealed, then it's fine, as long as you aren't one of the people liable to accidentally shoot seven year old girls, or have visions of heroism.

Oh and I don't hunt and hunting has nothing at all to do with the 2nd. And I am glad you are concerned about the 2nd and not just the 4th. Since the 2nd is being shredded too. That is how one can tell the government is tyrannical, and not just potentially. Would a non-tyrannical government shred your 4th?

The second isn't being shredded. The fact that you still have guns is evidence to that. The government might want to try and do away with it, sure, but the fourth is already gone. Besides, no way in hell they can get rid of the second at this point. It's too late. Everybody that wants a gun has about eight of them by now. If they try to confiscate them, people will just hide them.
A government that respects its citizen's privacy but doesn't allow them to easily obtain firearms seems a little less tyrannical than a government that allows its citizens access to firearms but records everything they say or do without permission. Your mileage may vary, however, and that is mostly opinion.
edit on 12/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, the dual party dichotomy of America has always greatly annoyed me. My own country is similar though not quite as bad. It's simply polarizing and divisive of the population. It instill anger, hate, and fear, rather than unity. It's a common wartime tactic. The opposition is "the other", "the enemy." Not quite human.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

That's where it get's touchy too. With everyone wound up so tight, arming themselves, dehumanizing others, etc. All just steps leading to sh*t popping off. No different than a drunk idiot at a party. It's just a matter of time.

Only now we have weapons and technology like we've never had access too. You don't even have to use them sometimes. Just attacking the labs or locations to some stuff and it's all bad. Nukes in the thousands more powerful than before waiting on "Mutual Assured Destruction" program. Then there is also the accidental problems like storage of radiation and used rods, meltdowns, misfires, etc. It's endless.

If you take a step back, we are so screwed up as an advanced species and yet we keep failing the same tests through history. Stupidity and Technology should balance out naturally since more of one should mean less of the other. However, we seem to have a high level of stupid for our capabilities. I think the universe might have it's own self defenses against stupid creatures populating the universe too much. Like an immune system on a universal scale.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Not sarcasm.

I'm not offended but you may want to see a therapist soon.
To quote you:
"It seems like they love it when women are raped and killed. They think it is unmanly for a woman to shoot and kill a rapist. They are so afraid of not being killed."

You have to have some strange things happening where you are because the only one loving rape are rapists. Period. The part about fear of NOT being killed I don't even think that exists.

On reading it again do you not think that was some pretty heavy false claims to use??? Nobody likes rape accept for the attacker. You can't make someone into a rapist no matter how much of an anti gun person they are. There is zero ways to make a connection like that, think about it.

That kind of labeling of people is also a method of dehumanizing them. Being anti-gun, even in it's extreme forms is just as credible as pro-gun. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they enjoy their families being raped or that they cower in the corner if such a thing actually happened. It's ridiculous. Nobody is like what you describe.

I need to see a therapist? Not the people who don't want women to be able to protect themselves from a rapist anywhere with a gun.
(connection made)

With all the comments about needing a gun because they are not man enough, you've seen them. You know, compensating for a small penis. That kind of trash talk. Well that is why I linked it to women being raped. Anyone who wants to keep women vulnerable is the sick one. So ya I was over the top and not PC at all. Only politicians need to be politically correct. So convert what I wrote to any shade of grey you want but the point is the same.

Not wanting to survive is a real thing, anyone who believes they live in a world without danger from psychopaths is delusional.
And if they do nothing and want everyone else to do nothing, then there you go, afraid of surviving.

No false claims were made. If someone thinks a 90lb lady does not need a gun to kill a 250lb attacker is on the side of the criminal. I guess I could have said mugger or just attacker, but the point is the same. One either loves making people into victims or they hate it. I hate it.

And no strange things do not happen around here, everyone is armed and super polite and respectful.

And yes I did label, didn't you know it's the trendy thing to do now-a-days. And I meant to be dehumanizing towards people who want to keep other people disarmed and victimized. They are enabling the criminals.

And sure being anti-gun is fine as long as it is about ones self, not others. I am not lobbying to force everyone to have a gun, yet there are those lobbying to disarm others.

Well then what would I think if someone is so scared of guns they don't have one to protect their loved ones or self from home invaders. Seems like they don't want to save or survive. To me that says they want to be a victim or just fools. They might not love for their loved ones to be raped or killed but they don't hate it enough to do something about it.

Oh and it does not matter if I agree or disagree with anti-gunners, everyone should be able to tell they are the victim makers.

Hell I am American I believe people have a right to be a victim if they want. Just never force that freaky belief on others.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I agree with you. And It will not just be the average citizens when the hammer falls. And I am sure the shredding is not going to stop. We all should remember not to fixate on one issue for sure. We are getting it from every direction.
I might be a bit extreme for effect sometimes but I'm not crazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

originally posted by: elsafam357
Guns are there for hunting, and to (God forbid) allow us to rise up as a whole to defend ourselves from our government should they become more tyrannical than we can tolerate. Me personally, I carry a gun everywhere I go

So you wouldn't dream of using your gun against people .
But the Government's different somehow?
Paranoid much?
The government isn't hunting you , or your banjo .

Guns are for hunting ....and you carry it everywhere...
so what do you hunt at the supermarket ?
Tyrannical governments ?

Get yourself a mirror and look into it .
Delusional,paranoid,sociopathic ?.
You're a nervous wreck.

Your country needs to eliminate gangs and drugs .
In that order .

And this thread needs to go to RANT .
. Take your ADD meds and read the whole post. I know it's long but I can wait... I said its also there to protect against generic bad people... There was a woman stabbed to death at a supermarket not far from where I live, so yeah I carry everywhere. Don't worry though I don't carry to save you...I carry so I can get through the door... Past the guy between my family and the exit...The second amendment was put in place to protect us from the government...thats the point of it. No, I do not want to kill people...I figured that was a good thing, but I will if forced into that situation... That is the point of the gun.
Violent crime is on the rise everywhere, and if you are not at least a little worried about the state of our country, you are either delusional, or part of the problem....but please, don't feel the need to arm yourself. Like I said its not for everyone. Some people can't use them properly and it is good to know that about yourself
edit on 12-12-2015 by elsafam357 because: Damn autocorrect... edit for spelling (probably missed some, sorry)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: plaindoughnut
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Wow. No. I don't want guns in this country and it has nothing to do with your asinine assumptions.
I'd also not like to have anyone who belives guns are a right to be in this country.

Kindly # yourself to death please.

Lol, wow, Um ....heh....you do know duke is a lefty right?

He just asked a valid question.

Why so serious and defensive?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I did not state that people who do not for what ever reason wish to carry a firearm are weak and fearful. I address another member that posted that I called such people cowards. That is not what I stated in my post and anyone that came away with that from my post read into it.

Guncontrolism: Is a pathology where the weak, and the fearful wish to use government (armed force) to disarm everyone but government because they are fearful of what firearms can do. The Guncontrolist has a physiological need to take away the right of self defense from everyone. This will not stop criminals from finding or making weapons. So when they find themselves in a situation of mortal danger from a criminal they are okay with dialing 911 and begging for help from government. They do not want to save themselves badly enough to train and prepare themselves for such situations.

I have trained in hand to hand combat since I was a child. I am often in situations where I can not be armed. When in close quarters I depend on my skills and mental preparation. I worked as a bouncer for a while at a night club. I was not allowed to be armed but handled many unruly people and deescalated violent situations on a daily basis. I never had to injure anyone. I also had to regularly disarm people who were carrying in the club which was against the rules. There are common sense rules for gun use that polite society has agreed upon. I am fine with that.

I also do not advocate for open carry in urban environments for the same reason. I think the guy that slings an AR-15 over his shoulder with a 30 round magazine fed into it and parades back and forth in front of a school is an insensitive self aggrandizing prick who is nothing but an attention whore.

My dad used to say "Look out for stupid because stupid is not looking out for you."

edit on 12am2015-12-12T10:56:17-06:00105612America/Chicago561231 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Logman

It's sickening how people like you think you are super tough when you need a gun to feel your manliness. I bet even if you had a gun and were caught in a San Bernandino-type event you'd be one of the first to run.

Says the antigunners that hide behind government's skirt.

I bet they all sure feel 'manly'.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For the op, and everyone else that can see the STUIPITY of gun control.

Kurt Russell blasts gun control push: “I think it’s absolutely insane”

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I need to see a therapist? Not the people who don't want women to be able to protect themselves from a rapist anywhere with a gun.

That isn't how they view it. Gun control people aren't pro-rape or pro-crime. The idea is to take the weapons out of the hands of criminals. Now, regardless of whether or not that happens in reality isn't the point, that is how they see it based off the lives they live. They aren't doing it to harm anyone, but the opposite.

From their point of view society is typically civil and there is no need to have to be armed to avoid rape. So what they see is needless violence and death from people using guns. Do you see the difference??? Most people don't view the world as a series of moments where you have to shoot your way out of rape attempts. The majority of people in today's society navigate through life without needing to be armed that's all. That doesn't mean the world is safe everywhere but it's not exactly every man for himself either.

This isn't about being PC either. What you're saying isn't noble by being anti-PC, it's just a false equivalency. Anti-Gun doesn't equal Pro-Rape/Crime. The goal is less crime. Again, it may or may not work out that way but that is the idea behind it.

Not wanting to survive is a real thing, anyone who believes they live in a world without danger from psychopaths is delusional.
And if they do nothing and want everyone else to do nothing, then there you go, afraid of surviving.

I don't know anyone other than you that is thinking that or assumes they live in a world that is perfectly safe. Civilization does provide some degree of civil living however and most people make it through life without having to shoot someone.

No false claims were made.

Yeah, claiming people who are against guns and gun violence do so because they like the idea of people getting raped and killed is a totally false claim. It's ridiculous, insulting and illogical. Also a bit paranoid too.

And sure being anti-gun is fine as long as it is about ones self, not others. I am not lobbying to force everyone to have a gun, yet there are those lobbying to disarm others.

Yes, that's because the use of guns also helps those who are committing crimes as well and that is where they're coming from in their argument.

Well then what would I think if someone is so scared of guns they don't have one to protect their loved ones or self from home invaders. Seems like they don't want to save or survive. To me that says they want to be a victim or just fools. They might not love for their loved ones to be raped or killed but they don't hate it enough to do something about it.

Oh and it does not matter if I agree or disagree with anti-gunners, everyone should be able to tell they are the victim makers.

Hell I am American I believe people have a right to be a victim if they want. Just never force that freaky belief on others.

That's just it. It isn't because they are scared of guns exactly. They just don't understand the need for them because civil society has kept them from ever having to experience such a situation that required them to need a gun. It doesn't mean they don't love or want to protect their loved ones. To them it isn't rational given their life experiences.

You need to understand their side of the argument if you want to clearly explain why yours is better. Twisting it in the way you are just sounds crazy and misinterprets what it is they're saying. You're never going to come to a solution like that.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The manliness points are stupid and ridiculous, please stop them. I made a joke about penis compensation earlier, but that was intended to be directed at the type of people Machine just talked about, those who parade with an AR-15 in front of schools.

I support the second amendment, but I also support gun control.
You know why? Because I try to look at situations based on context.

Gun control works here, in Australia, because we're a big island so smuggling is pretty damn hard. Plus, we don't have tons of guns lying around in the first place like the US does right now.
I support the second amendment, not so much because I believe in it, but because I believe it's the only option left. Gun Control in America has reached the point where it will not work without a massively bloody transition phase, and even then they'll just be smuggled in from Mexico or something. Confiscation won't work, because everyone who wants to keep their gun will just hide it somewhere.
I've said this something like fifteen times now: America has already passed the event horizon. There's no turning back without extreme damage.
edit on 12/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 12/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I definitely think this has to do with the Wussification of America.

As a disease, it would be called Guncontrolitis, with the symptoms just as you described. The cure is a trip to the country where they realize there are no police within 20 miles, where if your house catches on fire, there are no firemen within 30 miles. Where if someone decides to kill you and your family, they wouldn't find your body for months. I think at that point, they will prolly want to hold onto them guns and would be cured for a time.

Post-treatment would be to limit tv consumption or they could relapse.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

No, you're wrong.

Embracing the tools of violence is for the weak and fearful.

Letting go of the tools of violence is for the strong and brave.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: chr0naut

I did not state that people who do not for what ever reason wish to carry a firearm are weak and fearful. I address another member that posted that I called such people cowards. That is not what I stated in my post and anyone that came away with that from my post read into it.

Guncontrolism: Is a pathology where the weak, and the fearful wish to use government (armed force) to disarm everyone but government because they are fearful of what firearms can do. The Guncontrolist has a physiological need to take away the right of self defense from everyone. This will not stop criminals from finding or making weapons. So when they find themselves in a situation of mortal danger from a criminal they are okay with dialing 911 and begging for help from government. They do not want to save themselves badly enough to train and prepare themselves for such situations.

I have trained in hand to hand combat since I was a child. I am often in situations where I can not be armed. When in close quarters I depend on my skills and mental preparation. I worked as a bouncer for a while at a night club. I was not allowed to be armed but handled many unruly people and deescalated violent situations on a daily basis. I never had to injure anyone. I also had to regularly disarm people who were carrying in the club which was against the rules. There are common sense rules for gun use that polite society has agreed upon. I am fine with that.

I also do not advocate for open carry in urban environments for the same reason. I think the guy that slings an AR-15 over his shoulder with a 30 round magazine fed into it and parades back and forth in front of a school is an insensitive self aggrandizing prick who is nothing but an attention whore.

My dad used to say "Look out for stupid because stupid is not looking out for you."

The truth, however, is that any American can make an application, toddle down to Wal Mart and pick-up a gun. The majority of those new gun owners have a false sense of security and are far more likely to injure themselves or their loved ones than to ever be in a situation to defend themselves with it.

Australia had the same mass shooting problem as the US and the government took action, implementing stricter gun controls. Since then, Australia has NO mass shootings, for over 20 years! Guns are not outright illegal there, just controlled.

Sorry to shatter your illusions, but gun control has been applied to numerous countries around the world and it simply works.

It isn't a 'pathology' it is a solution to a problem.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join