It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase but I will expand on my little creation in this thread. I see the gun control activist as someone who longs for big brother to take responsibility for their physical safety. They are fearful of danger and even more fearful of taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their neighbors, and friends. If attacked the average gun control activist seeks the safety of cowering in front of the assailant with hands raised until big brother can send help in the form of trained and armed people on brother's payroll.

It is like a belief in a magic protection ritual, but now the talisman is a cell phone and the magic spell is to dial 911 (stay on the line so you don't break the spell). It will absolutely not prevent you from being murdered, or robbed, or raped but you know that help is on the way. Now you just keep praying to big brother that you and every other innocent finding themselves in harms way will survive the ordeal until brother's forces of law and order arrive (too late) to save the day.

Guncontrolism is in every way as much of a pathology as Alcoholism. The Alcoholic knows full well that consuming alcohol is potentially destructive to the individual, their family, and society as a whole but they can not will themselves to take responsibility for their own life. Also in the same way that alcohol makes the addict numb to their fears, they feel handing over their own self defense to someone else helps to numb the feeling of cowardice for a while. It is the same with Guncontrolism, it makes the addict feel more in control of their life, less afraid, more courageous. Someone who suffers from Guncontrolism wants to put the control for their safety in the hands a higher power then themselves. In this way they are not going to be called upon to face the dangers of life and liberty.

I will expand further on this in the balance of this thread.

edit on 12pm2015-12-11T22:10:51-06:00101012America/Chicago101231 by machineintelligence because: doa

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Weak and fearful, wow im not sure what else to say, good luck with your thread.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
What a very peculiar conceit!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Why Thank you Johnny for that recognition.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase but I will expand on my little creation in this thread. I see the gun control activist as someone who longs for big brother to take responsibility for their physical safety. They are fearful of danger and even more fearful of taking responsibility for protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their neighbors, and friends. If attacked the average gun control activist seeks the safety of cowering in front of the assailant with hands raised until big brother can send help in the form of trained and armed people on brother's payroll.

So, no different from your average Gun-Toting gun nut who actually doesn't carry a weapon and gets caught in an active shooter incident?

It's sickening how people like you think you are super tough when you need a gun to feel your manliness. I bet even if you had a gun and were caught in a San Bernandino-type event you'd be one of the first to run.

People that want gun control want to see an end to mass shootings. They don't want to see massive firefights in the streets between nutcases and terrorists.

Dumb thread. Dumb mindset.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logman
Dumb thread. Dumb mindset.

Found one already.
Well done OP.
Keep reeling em in.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Guncontrolism. Yes I just coined that phrase...

No. You didn't.

Everything you could possibly imagine already exists on the interwebs.

As to the idea that it is a pathology. Hogwash.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Logman

People that want gun control want to see an end to mass shootings. They don't want to see massive firefights in the streets between nutcases and terrorists.

People who would rather defend themselves want to see an end to the wannabee mass shooter as he or she hits the floor dead before anyone else is killed and big brother's guys are just 3 or 4 magazine changes away.

(post by Logman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful

Then what the hell do you call it when people think they can't live without their country spending a fortune on the military and foreign interventions?

(post by Logman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Hey if you manage to patent the Guncontrolism as a disease, you maybe able to cash out on the multibillion dollar empire that big pharma is when it comes to patenting anything that sounds like a disease.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks for adding that to the thread. I would have used it. No need to reinvent the wheel.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

We called it Neoconservatism.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Didn't you know that the US is just chock full of He-man Harry Callahan types.
They are really Jason Bourne in disguise & just need some senseless atrocity to prove it.
Why they'll whip out their gun & do some damage don't ya know.

Seriously have you never watched any youtube vids of the militia types running around the woods playing Rambo?
Highly entertaining in a sad sort of way.LOL

K~

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Anything that comes after the "people like you" is falling on deft ears and not providing any substance to this thread.

There are no 'people like you' as we are, each of us, a totally independent, unique (medically, physically, mentally, spiritually) and truly different homosapien.

As far as the thread, I find some truth in the OPs words and even a miniscule ring of truth in yours. No one wants to see massive or dual gunfights in the streets.

I support people being able to protect their own with firearms, if need be. Throwing stones at a terrorist holding you in their crosshairs will do little to preserve your life.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Guncontrolism: A pathology of the weak and fearful.

I have one for you, from the same cookie company;

"Guns; pathological overcompensation by the fearful, the psychotic, the Faithless, substitute penises for the hung like a light-switch!"

Cookies for all occasions!
Enjoy! *__-

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Here is another cookie for your jar there nameless: God created all men, Sam Colt made them equal… Samuel Hamilton Walker

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join