It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Board Member Resigns After Urging People To Kill Supporters Of Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No, its not according to law. I can't believe I have to post the defintiion of a hate crime because I'm sure you know the difference but as usual you always twist reality.

Hate Crime

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

Terrorism

the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Then it's a call for terrorism, not a hate crime. If any violence is a result of his FB post then I support the DOJ charging him and any would be terrorists with terrorism. Throw the book at em!

Agreed, here is the Colorado hate crime law:

Hate Crime Laws

Colorado

C.R.S. 18-9-121 (2008)

18-9-121. Bias-motivated crimes

(1) The general assembly hereby finds and declares that it is the right of every person, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual rientation to be secure and protected from fear, intimidation, harassment, and physical harm caused by the activities of individuals and groups. The general assembly further finds that the advocacy of unlawful acts against persons or groups because of a person's or group's race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation for the purpose of inciting and provoking bodily injury or damage to property poses a threat to public order and safety and should be subject to criminal sanctions.
(2) A person commits a bias-motivated crime if, with the intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, he or she:

(a) Knowingly causes bodily injury to another person; or
(b) By words or conduct, knowingly places another person in fear of imminent lawless action directed at that person or that person's property and such words or conduct are likely to produce bodily injury to that person or damage to that person's property; or
(c) Knowingly causes damage to or destruction of the property of another person.

(3) Commission of a bias-motivated crime as described in paragraph (b) or (c) of subsection (2) of this section is a class 1 misdemeanor. Commission of a bias-motivated crime as described in paragraph (a) of subsection (2) of this section is a class 5 felony; except that commission of a bias-motivated crime as described in said paragraph (a) is a class 4 felony if the offender is physically aided or abetted by one or more other persons during the commission of the offense.
(3.5)

(a) In determining the sentence for a first-time offender convicted of a bias-motivated crime, the court shall consider the following alternatives, which shall be in addition to and not in lieu of any other sentence received by the offender:

(I) Sentencing the offender to pay for and complete a period of useful community service intended to benefit the public and enhance the offender's understanding of the impact of the offense upon the victim;
(II) At the request of the victim, referring the case to a restorative justice or other suitable alternative dispute resolution program established in the judicial district pursuant to section 13-22-313, C.R.S.

(b) In considering whether to impose the alternatives described in paragraph (a) of this subsection (3.5), the court shall consider the criminal history of the offender, the impact of the offense on the victim, the availability of the alternatives, and the nature of the offense. Nothing in this section shall be construed to require the court to impose the alternatives specified in paragraph (a) of this subsection (3.5).

(4) The criminal penalty provided in this section for commission of a bias-motivated crime does not preclude the victim of such action from seeking any other remedies otherwise available under law.
(5) For purposes of this section:

(a) "Physical or mental disability" refers to a disability as used in the definition of the term "person with a disability" in section 18-6.5-102 (3).
(b) "Sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status.

Political affiliation is not included in this definition, so if legal action is to be taken it is unlikely to stem from this. However, case law is what drives modern legal interpretations and as I have no familiarity with it I can't be sure that it would be ruled out by any potential legal team.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Really plz nobody kill trump, the world needs him for is daily comedy routine.

I know you were being humorous, but you misunderstand.

His shout out was to kill Trump supporters, not Trump, himself.
That's quite a few more potential murder victims.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

IMAGINE the outrage here on ATS, if a Board Member of the NRA told everyone to shoot Hillary supporters.

There's really no way to minimize the severity of this very mentally ill person's actions.

Didn't Mike Huckabee say something about Obama at an NRA convention a while back?
Than again I think Mike Huckabee is mentally ill as well.

link   

No, its not according to law. I can't believe I have to post the defintiion of a hate crime because I'm sure you know the difference but as usual you always twist reality.

Hate Crime

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

Terrorism

For a POLITICAL END.

Same damn difference.

Out of HATRED,BIGOTRY and INTOLERANCE.

link   

Hate Crime

Terrorism

Isn't threatening to kill Trump voters in order to prevent Trump from being elected, "intimidation in the pursuit of political aims"?
edit on 11-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hate Crime

Terrorism

Isn't threatening to kill a Trump voter in order to prevent Trump from being elected, "intimidation in the pursuit of political aims"?

YES!

It is.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Is Colorado pursuing terrorism charges against Dear? I read that if the state doesn't the DOJ will.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

On an ATS message board, you can say it is whatever you want it to be. In a court of law, the law is the law. I'm done doing mental gymnastics with you. Agree to completely disagree.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, and that's called terrorism. We agree? What it isn't is a hate crime. We agree?
edit on 11-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yes it is, and it's called terrorism.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

In a court of law, the law is the law.

Says the people running around calling Dear a Christian terrorist that hasn't even made a decision in a court of law.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I always thought it was terrorism. So, we actually agree.
This is for political aims.
edit on 11-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Maybe he was influenced by some left-wing video or MSNBC broadcast.

Or a youtube video.

That seems to be the go-to blame.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Too bad we aren't privy to what's doing with his case because everything is sealed due to potential juror contamination. The DOJ hasn't ruled out charging him with terrorism but they are letting the state handle the case. Colorado says Dear's crimes aren't hate crimes.

www.nbcnews.com...

Officials say the Colorado Springs attack was not a hate crime.

Under federal law, a hate crime is an attack on a person or people on account of their race, color, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.

Depending on what the investigation eventually reveals, the act could be considered an act of domestic terrorism.

Under federal law, domestic terrorism is defined as "acts dangerous to human life" that appear to be intended "to intimidate or coerce a civilian population" or "to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion."

This attack may well fit that definition, but that classification does not automatically invoke any specific charges.

Bottom line, government officials say: the Justice Department could choose to call it an act of terrorism, but the likely federal charge would be under the FACE Act or the civil rights law barring attacks on federally protected activities.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So open minded. I feel the tolerance oozing out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I've been saying it's terrorism the whole time.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Or maybe Trump opening his mouth was all he needed to become a idiotic Facebook terrorist.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Maybe he was influenced by some left-wing video or MSNBC broadcast.

Or a youtube video.

Kinda like that right wing extremist who saw those manipulated PP videos on FOX or youtube?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Or maybe Trump opening his mouth was all he needed to become a idiotic Facebook terrorist.

So you blame Trump for a leftist wanting everyone to kill Trump supporters.

Okay.

Nice D.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join