It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Board Member Resigns After Urging People To Kill Supporters Of Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Interestingly, (and Ironically posted on the same day as ATS Management's official NLBS position paper rant about "Radical Right Wing Terrorism") we now have an ACLU Board Member publicly advocating people to kill anyone who supports Donald Trump.

So, ATS...are you willing to call this an example of inciting 'Radical LEFT wing Terrorism'?

DENVER (CBS4)– A board member for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado has resigned after urging people to kill supporters of presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Loring Wirbel’s Facebook post was captured by The Daily Caller – a right-leaning online newspaper.

The post states, “The thing is, we have to really reach out to those who might consider voting for Trump and say, ‘This is Goebbels. This is the final solution. If you are voting for him I will have to shoot you before Election Day.’ They’re not going to listen to reason, so when justice is gone, there’s always force…”

“It’s almost like, you will think the way we think, you will do what we want you to do, or we eliminate you?” says Steve House, chair of the Colorado Republican Party.

It’s the second threat against Republicans in Colorado in one week.

Fern Delise, 54, of Fountain was arrested after police say she called Planned Parenthood saying, “It’s tempting to walk into a republican party meeting with my dead husband’s gun and just start shooting people.”

denver.cbslocal.com...
dailycaller.com...

edit on 11-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I posted a link to that in one of the threads here. How funny that he was pushed out because he didn't seem like he was feeling all that contrite. The blogosphere and Twitter must have grabbed it and run and run hard.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It seems extreme rhetoric on all sides is just becoming more and more the norm. It's as if we're circling the edges of a whirlpool leading into an abyss, faster and faster.

We desperately need a return to civility and discourse, irrespective of where on the ideological spectrum one feels themselves being. Advocating or threatening violence is not the solution. That it has become increasingly acceptable to do so, is every bit as frightening to me as Trump himself.

I don't have a side. My side is hope for a return to sanity.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The American political terrorism is not worst than the ISIS one, when it comes to promoting violence base in ideologies.

Unbelievable.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sometimes they just can't help themselves.

It's contagious.

The idealisms are failing at a fast rate.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This just makes me want to vote for Trump, if he scares the left (and right) that badly.

As for this jerk? Typical left-wing terrorism.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Perhaps they should rename it the American not so Civil Liberties Union.

Left wingers tend to fall apart when confronted with people who don't buy their ideas. Then they know that those people are wrong.

It's interesting to watch when this happens

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So is the ACLU now guilty if someone murders Trump?

Just trying to be fair and all......

Anyhow, regardless of religion, or those so wrapped up in political religion, killing anyone is wrong unless it is self defense!

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yeah. This guy is (WAS) an actual ACLU board member.
I don't what his right wing counterpart would be...but I doubt very much he or she has been telling people to kill Hillary supporters.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think that by now with all the out spoken ways of Trump somebody out there already have a price on his head, I am sure that Mr. Trump is very well protected and no only by the secret police as a presidential hopeful.

link   

Oh, that sucks. While this isn't excusable by any means, the key differences here is that his words were immediately condemned by the organization and I doubt you will see liberals pop up in this thread defending him.

We can't allow this to be a trend. There is no excuse and I would hope his words are condemned universally by all Americans. Talk about an ironic message to send.

So stupid.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Abysha because: Clarity

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

So is the ACLU now guilty if someone murders Trump?

Just trying to be fair and all......

Anyhow, regardless of religion, or those so wrapped up in political religion, killing anyone is wrong unless it is self defense!

Certainly, the case could be made.

Trump should totally run with this story. BOOM....another 8 percentage points.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hey, left wing terrorists gotta do what left wing terrorists gotta do.Have no fear,the Southern Poverty Law Center surely has a job opening for a left wing crazy!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Oh, that sucks. While this isn't excusable by any means, the key differences here is that his words were immediately condemned by the organization and I doubt you will see liberals pop up in this thread defending him.

We can't allow this to be a trend. There is no excuse and I would hope his words are condemned universally by all Americans. Talk about an ironic message to send.

So stupid.

I agree. Good on the ACLU for dumping this psycho.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So, ATS...are you willing to call this an example of inciting 'Radical LEFT wing Terrorism'?

Yes?

I mean, obviously. You can all slap each other on the back all you like, I'm willing to call a potato a potato.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh dear. This is disturbing. Perhaps ATS should ban all utterance of their name.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Hey, left wing terrorists gotta do what left wing terrorists gotta do.Have no fear,the Southern Poverty Law Center surely has a job opening for a left wing crazy!

He'll just get a position in the Hillary campaign.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ummm..resigns...?

I hope put on a watch and no fly list/jailed for making death threats against a presidential candidate...Death threats against what just might be the next sitting president of the US...Not to mention incitement to violence...

Ohhh...that's right...it was against one of those filthy lowbrow unclean subhuman right wingers...

It's all good...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ha ha ha ha, what a dumbass. Because killing a political rival always solves your problems, but worse he's calling on people to cause violence as well. Are the police going to be paying him a visit?

Why people post this crap on Facebook is beyond me but at least thanks to their stupidity we can spot them more easily. What a moron.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

SPLC... LOL, what a joke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join